• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

hello everyone!

Kriya Yogi

Dharma and Love for God
If even one part of the bible is not true as written, then "the word of god"
becomes meaninless.
Modern worshipers always seem to forget that the bible is supposed to be the work of god
through it's authors. People were killed just for questioning it's validity.
If your the type that likes to pick and choose what parts you like or agree with, but make
excusses for the parts you find hard to swallow or difficult to live with then how can you
make the claim "I believe in god and the bible"?
The bible ( and the letters/papers that made it up)is the only "evidence' that god even
exists. Without it there is NO god.
I have 51 yrs in this world and see no proof that god is real. But I do see plenty of evidence
that at the least, if there is a god, it has no common sence,is cruel,unwise, not one i could love.

Sir, the bible was rewritten by non God Realized men. I believe in my God realized Guru Paramanhansa Yogananda, and he always has said God is the most understanding and loving being in this universe. He wants us to get out of this delusion but can't undo what is already in place. What happens to us is not from him but our own doing and our karma we have created in past lives. God only wants us to be free from delusion and awaken in him. He is the nearest and the dearest friend and has been with us through eternity guiding us back to him. We just have to meet him half way.

Last edited:

Many Sages One Truth

Hello and welcome Parts!

Jesus did teach useful things like seeking the kingdom within and love for each other. Those are ultimately important.

Namaste :)

BruceDLimber

If even one part of the bible is not true as written, then "the word of god" becomes meaninless.

What you overlook is that a few individuals have altered or added to the Bible over the years!

The end of Mark is a good example, which is why many--if not most--Christian religions now either relegate it to a footnote or omit it entirely!

None of which alters the validity of the rest of the book, please note!

Peace,

Bruce

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
God isn't only about texts alone. Those texts, we believe to be God inspired, but written by men. It is about men, about their relationship with God. What about the times before these texts? And just because a story is not literal doesn't mean it isn't valid, there is always some kind of truth in the words.
And I am not going to say that my texts (the Bible books) are more valid than texts of other faiths. That would be very arrogant on my part. (I hope no one takes that last line personally, I wasn't talking about anyone else or any post they made, just in case :) )