• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hello Everyone

Mavrikmind

Hi everyone, I'm pleased to meet everybody.

What can I say about myself? Well I'm easygoing most of the time. I make friends easily. I'm also curious about new ideas.
I love to read just about anything I can get my hands on, unless I'm out getting put through the spin cycle on some river or messing around with my son.
Well I'm not sure what else to say but I'm sure more will be revealed in time:D

Mavrikmind

Feathers in Hair said:
Heheee, I love your signature!

What sort of things do you enjoy reading about? Namaste and Welcome!
Lets see, Most recently I read Tom Clancys "Without Remorse" for the second or third time. Before that I read Christopher Paolini's "Eragon and Eldest" books, I enjoyed them alot. In the past I've had a pretty diverse background in reading. From Louis Lamour "Western Novels" to Tsun Zu "Eastern Philosophy". As a child I was well read. For instance my grandmother had a huge set of encyclopedias ( I think I spelled that right :p), eventually I read all of them before I was nine.

Mavrikmind

lizskid said:
Welcome! I hope you enjoy your time here. Where do you kayak/whitewater?
Mostly I Kayak on the Chatuga river. I've done the Ocoee, Upper and lower Nantahala, The green and New rivers. I've also been to the Gualy river festival several times. Among those great rivers I've done sundry lesser known creeks and rivers. I've also have a first decent on a small creek in flood stage, location kept secrete because of the danger factor at lower levels

lizskid

BANNED
Ok, I'll ignore that it was the Deliverance river, I know it is beautiful! How lucky you are to have access to it!

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Hi Mavrikmind,

Welcome to Religious Forums!

I hope you get to like us here, and look forward to reading your posts. You sound like quite an active guy!:)

Mavrikmind

Thank you all for the warm welcome. It's very appreciated :)
Well it's raining out and the rivers are filling up, gotta go *Runs out the door :p

tcprowling

Mavrikmind said:
Mostly I Kayak on the Chatuga river. I've done the Ocoee, Upper and lower Nantahala, The green and New rivers. I've also been to the Gualy river festival several times. Among those great rivers I've done sundry lesser known creeks and rivers. I've also have a first decent on a small creek in flood stage, location kept secrete because of the danger factor at lower levels
Welcome!
Paddle faster < I hear banjos!!!! LOL

Howdy, Mavrikmind! :D

I'm new here myself, and I'm trying to get in my mandatory 15 posts in so I can include links. I feel powerless whithout that ability! I love hyperlinks. This place looks like I'll be able to learn a lot, which is what I love more than anything else.

Mavrikmind said:
I love to read just about anything I can get my hands on, unless I'm out getting put through the spin cycle on some river or messing around with my son.

I like canoeing a lot, myself. When I was 11 years old I was at a boys' camp, and we (10 kids, 2 adults) went down the Sabine river, in Texas/Louisianna, from Gladwater, in the northern part of the state, all the way to the Gulf of Mexico, at Beaumont/Port Arthur, 600 miles. It's maybe the most fun thing I've ever done!