• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hello Everyone

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
welcomekaoani.gif

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
It's My Birthday!
Strange that you asked that because it has something to do with reincarnation. As far as reincarnating as anything but but human, that does not set well with me, because we are far superior than other earthly lifeforms, I don't know so I have no input for that.
I don't know. A lot of time I think my dogs are far superior to a lot of people I know. :D

Reincarnation is a choice. We do not have to reincarnate; it is our choice.
So, what kinds of factors would go into your choice? Do you see reincarnation as always being an "upward" move? If you believe you have personally lived another life before this one, can you tell me anything about that life? Is there a purpose in being reincarnated?

From what I gather you believe, and correct me if I am wrong, that after you die you await for a rapture?
Well, I wouldn't use the term "rapture," but I do believe that there will come a time when the dead will rise from their graves. They will have perfected and immortal bodies with which their spirit (which has never, during the interim betweeen death and the resurrected, ceased to exist) will be reunited.

If we are here by choice, was there ever a time when we did not exist? Was there ever a time when we had no physical body? What do you believe prompted those of us who chose to come here to make that decision?

So, what kinds of factors would go into your choice? Do you see reincarnation as always being an "upward" move? If you believe you have personally lived another life before this one, can you tell me anything about that life? Is there a purpose in being reincarnated?
The NDEer's have reported that we become mortal for many different reasons. Some to learn certain lessons or maybe to experience certain lessons, such as forgiveness, pain, compassion and so on. Many say they became mortal to help another mortal archive their lesson.
Hearing this became a revelation to me. It answered questions that Bible scholars could not. For instance; why are children born sick, blind, deformed and so forth? Why do such horrible things happen to us. Many say because of the devil, some say it's God's will. Some say it's because of our sin and or our forefathers sin (example Adam and Eve).

My first question was, "God loves us, if he does why must we suffer so much especially for what someone else did? Then a preacher told me to read the book of Job. That really threw me for a loop.

Many say I am suppose to fear God. However I couldn't find love in that and still can't. Fear does not lead to love. Vengefulness does not fit into love for me either.

So yes, back on subject it would be and upward move.

I have no idea of my past lives or if I have had any, but I am working on acquiring knowledge of it.

If we are here by choice, was there ever a time when we did not exist?
If I recall correctly NDEer's say we where here since the beginning of creation.

Was there ever a time when we had no physical body?
Yes, before mortality is spirit, after each mortality you return to spirit. However most NDEer's refer to the spirit as Light. I consider spirit and Light the same.

What do you believe prompted those of us who chose to come here to make that decision?
already answered above

Ðanisty

Welcome to RF! It sounds like you get ideas from a number of different belief systems. Who do you consider the creator? Do you believe he's benevolent?

Ðanisty;910996 said:
It sounds like you get ideas from a number of different belief systems. Who do you consider the creator? Do you believe he's benevolent?

Actually my belief system is based on the testimonies of 1000's of similar of near death experiences. (NDE's) NDE's are a result of resent medical advances to revive dying patients and of course common sense.

The Creator is just that....our Creator. Our Creator is benevolent so we are benevolent.