• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hello, I am an Ex Christian Rediscovering the Bible

talented_scarf

HI scarf and welcome, can i ask were you Jehovas witness or latter day saint, hope you don't mind me asking.

Hello miss interpret, I was a JW and I don't mind you asking. I don't offer the specific until someone asks however. This is because my entire family who now shun me believe my now lot in life is to bash their religion. I do make a point to speak out about the horrors that often go on within that religion, but I try not to evangelize it like they like say I would do.

Just like voters should get information packets about propositions, citizens should know what they are getting into with high control religion. I noticed growing up in the religion, and even now especially, that the general public are unaware of their nature and their actual activities and dealings. If I were to go to a mall and interview 100 random people almost all of them would have extremely limited knowledge of my past group. This is troubling to me because I know that my past religion has a habit of only showing a certain side of themselves to the public. This is undoubtedly the reason for the information gap in general.

So, on one hand I feel compelled to speak about them because of that gap, but on the other I don't want to make them right in that I am just a disgruntled ex member looking to bash their name. It's a struggle for me and daily pickle.

Anyway, thank you for asking.

-Scarf

Last edited: