• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hello

Hooded_Crow

Taking flight
Hello and welcome!

Curious, you say you are an atheist then talk about your spirituality. Can you elaborate why you feel like you are both an atheist and spiritual?
Hi and thanks for the question.
To me, spirituality is the way in which we relate to the world but in a way that goes deeper than just the superficial day-to-day interactions with it. It's a search for meaning, I suppose, and I get that meaning and sense of sacredness and purpose from being out in the mountains and the forests. No gods or goddesses required.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Hi @Hooded_Crow, welcome to RF. I hope you enjoy your time here. A word of advice though, you should avoid the debates in the staff canteen, they can get a little raucaus.

@giphy (2).gif

I to am atheist but with little in the way of spirituality. Though i truly enjoy nature and study a little cosmology as a hobby.

Hooded_Crow

Taking flight
Hi @Hooded_Crow, welcome to RF. I hope you enjoy your time here. A word of advice though, you should avoid the debates in the staff canteen, they can get a little raucaus.

View attachment 98339

I to am atheist but with little in the way of spirituality. Though i truly enjoy nature and study a little cosmology as a hobby.
Thanks for the welcome (and thanks for the advice about the canteen!)

Balthazzar

N. Germanic Descent
I'm a "Christos Agnate Evolutionist", which incorporates a panentheistic understanding of God coupled with acceptance of evolutionary development, along with obligatory adherence to that which is factually true, both subjective as an individual and objective as it relates to that which can be verified objectively.

Welcome to RF.

Hooded_Crow

Taking flight
I'm a "Christos Agnate Evolutionist", which incorporates a panentheistic understanding of God coupled with acceptance of evolutionary development, along with obligatory adherence to that which is factually true, both subjective as an individual and objective as it relates to that which can be verified objectively.

Welcome to RF.
Thanks. Your worldview is interesting.

Balthazzar

N. Germanic Descent
Thanks. Your worldview is interesting.
Christos comes from the concept of a "truthful Spirit" (spirit of truth) from Christian theology. It implies being anointed with truth, which is why it's obligatory to adhere to a truthful understanding and develop critical thinking skills. So, it's Christ "like" (agnate) in this way. It's a better guiding system than to simply accept predefined doctrine and religious applications of moral conduct, in my opinion. Applied practical theology.

Last edited:

Balthazzar

N. Germanic Descent
Hi and thanks for the question.
To me, spirituality is the way in which we relate to the world but in a way that goes deeper than just the superficial day-to-day interactions with it. It's a search for meaning, I suppose, and I get that meaning and sense of sacredness and purpose from being out in the mountains and the forests. No gods or goddesses required.

I can relate to this. I do what I'm able to make this life count in some meaningful way. Solitude has its own set of pros and cons, and it can be rewarding. It must be a growing frame of reference. I've noticed lots of people who understand this type of life as being more desired than other alternatives.

Hooded_Crow

Taking flight
I can relate to this. I do what I'm able to make this life count in some meaningful way. Solitude has its own set of pros and cons, and it can be rewarding. It must be a growing frame of reference. I've noticed lots of people who understand this type of life as being more desired than other alternatives.
Absolutely. Solitude is a big thing for me. Often it feels like I'm at my most functional when I'm alone.