• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help! How can I feel good about objectifying people? Suggestions please!

Titanic

I'm sure you won't mind my ripping your panties off with my teeth when you say that, will you? I'm mean, I'm pretty sure you're ready to go. After all, who can resit a Real Man!

In all seriousness if I said something like that to anyone on RF they would probably report me.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
fan·ta·sy [ fántəssee ]

imaginative power: the creative power of the imagination
mental image or dream: an image or dream created by the imagination
impractical idea: an unrealistic and impractical idea

We all have imaginations. Now read carefully because I'm going to explain all of reality to you. Especially how you understand that rape is sex and sex is rape and they're quite similar if you really think about it. They're different only that rape is just a rape-y kind of sex.

So look at the definition of fantasy. It's the creative power of imagination. It's like a dream. Think of the analogy of Carl going through a drive-thru at a fast food joint, and that if Susie dreams of a cheeseburger that Carl gets at a drive-thru, the worker is objectified due to that's all that worker really means to them. So objectifying women and valuing them for what they look like in my rape-y sex dream fantasies is not all that bad.

Everybody does this. Isn't feminism outdated, by the way? It doesn't regard how hot women are.

That explains a lot, Babe. Did your husband help you out with that? I think he's pretty smart and that's why I ask. You know, people push this objectification stuff too far. Everyone does it to everybody, so what's the big deal? We can''t go through life without doing it. It's just psychologically impossible, which my saying that oddly enough reminds me of your breasts. Are they pretty perky this evening?

Titanic

Anyway I am going to use a Revoltingest answer- Objectif with style and if anyone takes offense, so be it!

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I have come to the conclusion that objectifying people, especially women, means that you love them. I can argue for this on the bases of logic and my dictionary.

1. In the sentence, "I love women," the word women is the object.

2. According to Dictionary.com, this is what objectify means:

3. Therefore, to objectify women means "I love women." It is not even a remotely bad thing, so have at it!

DS, you're speaking my language! Dictionaries AND rules of grammar! Case settled then. :yes:

Remind me to send you the hot pic of the fire hydrant I came across. Your love for the fire hydrant is so similar to the love I have for women. They all have great parts, don't they?

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
I have come to the conclusion that objectifying people, especially women, means that you love them. I can argue for this on the bases of logic and my dictionary.

1. In the sentence, "I love women," the word women is the object.

2. According to Dictionary.com, this is what objectify means:

3. Therefore, to objectify women means "I love women." It is not even a remotely bad thing, so have at it!

Ah! So by saying to a woman "I love your breasts" you are really just objectifying her breasts and not the women herself. Furthermore, if she argues that by objectifing her breasts you are objectifying her, then she is suggesting that she is a woman because of her breasts which is objectifying herself in a feat of circular logic that I just came up with.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Ah! So by saying to a woman "I love your breasts" you are really just objectifying her breasts and not the women herself. Furthermore, if she argues that by objectifing her breasts you are objectifying her, then she is suggesting that she is a woman because of her breasts which is objectifying herself in a feat of circular logic that I just came up with.

All I read was "breasts". You're so smart.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
That explains a lot, Babe. Did your husband help you out with that? I think he's pretty smart and that's why I ask. You know, people push this objectification stuff too far. Everyone does it to everybody, so what's the big deal? We can''t go through life without doing it. It's just psychologically impossible, which my saying that oddly enough reminds me of your breasts. Are they pretty perky this evening?

Hubbie says weird things like "If someone is way too horny, they masturbate, they don't rape."

I don't know where he comes up with that stuff. He's denying that rape-y sex has ever occurred in the history of all mankind. I think he's wrong and naive, to be honest. At least on that point. Otherwise, I feel more of a kinship with him when he talks about women's breasts.

What were we talking about again? I hope it isn't about denying objectification of people. Because we've been through this.

And I need to put in another eye-rolling smilie: :rolleyes:

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Large snake. Say no more.

:confused:

I don't get metaphors.

snake [sneyk] Show IPA noun, verb, snaked, snak·ing.
noun
1. any of numerous limbless, scaly, elongate reptiles of the suborder Serpentes, comprising venomous and nonvenomous species inhabiting tropical and temperate areas.
2. a treacherous person; an insidious enemy. Compare snake in the grass.
3. Building Trades.
a. Also called auger, plumber's snake. (in plumbing) a device for dislodging obstructions in curved pipes, having a head fed into the pipe at the end of a flexible metal band.
b. Also called wirepuller. a length of resilient steel wire, for threading through an electrical conduit so that wire can be pulled through after it.
verb (used without object)
4. to move, twist, or wind: The road snakes among the mountains.
verb (used with object)
5. to wind or make (one's course, way, etc.) in the manner of a snake: to snake one's way through a crowd.
6. to drag or haul, especially by a chain or rope, as a log.

Why are we talking about plumbing in an objectification-justification thread? :confused:

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
WHAT???What IS objectification??? YEAH you are a piece of meat! Doesn't mean I forgot you are a person...! Just you are MEAT.MEN eat and LIKE meat..Nothing going to change THAT..Stop getting your panties all wadded up in your g-string Mystic! YOU are an OBJECT..get Used to IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Its "just the way men are".They "know how they want their women".Why deny "nature".

So "we" need to "shut up" sit down" NO STAND up and bend over and give the MEN who "rule" what they want..

(sorry can NOT believe (yes I can) the **** I saw posted today..I do NOT believe anything I just posted except the LOWEST of the low..I don't put it past them.

that people like that walk around is why I'm imprisoned.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
WHAT???What IS objectification??? YEAH you are a piece of meat! Doesn't mean I forgot you are a person...! Just you are MEAT.MEN eat and LIKE meat..Nothing going to change THAT..Stop getting your panties all wadded up in your g-string Mystic! YOU are an OBJECT..get Used to IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's a lot of exclamation marks.

exclamation point
noun
1. the sign (!) used in writing after an exclamation.
2. this mark sometimes used in writing two or more times in succession to indicate intensity of emotion, loudness, etc.: Long live the Queen!!
3. this mark sometimes used without accompanying words in writing direct discourse to indicate a speaker's dumbfounded astonishment: “His wife just gave birth to quintuplets.” ( ! )

Also called exclamation mark.

---------------

Now let's go back to you saying that men love to eat meat. I don't know how that would translate to vegetarianism, but the idea of eating women sounds good. Can we emphasize that again? We need to get back on to the subject of how hot women are.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Its "just the way men are".They "know how they want their women".Why deny "nature".

So "we" need to "shut up" sit down" NO STAND up and bend over and give the MEN who "rule" what they want..

(sorry can NOT believe (yes I can) the **** I saw posted today..I do NOT believe anything I just posted except the LOWEST of the low..I don't put it past them.

that people like that walk around is why I'm imprisoned.

But, but, but, I just want to feel objectifying women is legitimate. Why do you have to be so angry over that? I'm just being honest. :(

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
No! You didn't use the Oxford Dictionary. Shame!

Dictionary.com isn't adequate? Hang on...

exclamation mark
noun
a punctuation mark (!) indicating an exclamation.
Grammar

The main use of the exclamation mark is to end sentences that express: an exclamation:
‘With a fixed bayonet! A fixed bayonet!’ he repeated incredulously.
direct speech spoken loudly or shouted:
‘The first one ... the first!’ everybody yelled.
something that the writer or speaker finds amusing:
Her son was the biggest poacher — he was a devil: he’d rob your house in the middle of the day and let you see him!
It can also be used in brackets after a statement that the writer finds amusing or ironic:
I look ruddy, muscly, well covered (!), and just, shall we say, solid.

Source

They look the same to me. Well, except for the irony part. And we're not being ironic in this thread at all. So....:shrug:

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
I'm trying to think of a way to help, but being only meat (as previously determined) I'm afraid I'm coming up short. But I'd love to help you whip!

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
DS, you're speaking my language! Dictionaries AND rules of grammar! Case settled then. :yes:

Remind me to send you the hot pic of the fire hydrant I came across. Your love for the fire hydrant is so similar to the love I have for women. They all have great parts, don't they?

Of course they do. I know my fire hydrant is smart because she lets me gawk at her without saying anything, and she always seems to obey me when I tell her to shut up until I'm done gawking at her.

Every time I make out with my fire hydrant, I keep a dictionary handy in case she says anything and I need to understand her.

I have yet to know what to make of her gushing water all over me last time we were together, though. Maybe I need to get a new dictionary now.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
I'm trying to think of a way to help, but being only meat (as previously determined) I'm afraid I'm coming up short. But I'd love to help you whip!

Well, it's not as if objectifying women is a bad thing. I'm not singling women out, right? You follow me? We're ALL objects. If you're unclear, you could always look up the definition and come to the conclusion that it's a good thing, and normal. :yes: