• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help Me Please

Draupadi

Well I am going through a hugely troubled times and suffering from depression. I don't want to go into the details unless necessary. Even though I am a Muslim I haven't started worshipping God yet after I had left atheism. One of the reasons I became an atheist was because God didn't answer my prayers after performing some 'amils'. Now I realise what I had asked was not good for me and hence was not granted. Now I want to ask God for something that will be compatible with His choice. What amils do I have to do for this? Please provide me with ones that are easy to perform but takes less to moderate times. I am asking here because the books in my house has yielded no results and you may have better solutions.

Please don't hesitate to help me out. I feel like I am a living dead body and want my troubles to end soon. And thanks in advance.

Cordoba

Salam sister

God's doors are always wide open, and He hears all prayers

You said " Now I want to ask God for something that will be compatible with His choice."

You can ask Him for what you want, but sometimes we can make a prayer which Allah does not grant us as it may not be good for us.

That's why in general terms general prayers (i.e. not specific) are recommended.

The most famous of these prayers is mentioned in Chapter 2 in the Qur'an, which is the following:

"Our Lord, give us in this world [that which is] good and in the Hereafter [that which is] good and protect us from the punishment of the Fire." (2:201)

I would therefore recommend this prayer as a start.

These are other prayers in the Qur'an you may wish to check:

25 Duas from the Holy Quran

Hope this helps In-Shaa-Allah

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
.........................................................Even though I am a Muslim I haven't started worshipping God yet after I had left atheism. One of the reasons I became an atheist was because God didn't answer my prayers after performing some 'amils'. Now I realise what I had asked was not good for me and hence was not granted. Now I want to ask God for something that will be compatible with His choice. What amils do I have to do for this? Please provide me with ones that are easy to perform but takes less to moderate times. I am asking here because the books in my house has yielded no results and you may have better solutions.

Please don't hesitate to help me out. I feel like I am a living dead body and want my troubles to end soon. And thanks in advance.

Peace be on you.
From Ahmadiyya Muslim Point of view:

1- Plz start 5 daily Salaat. Salaat connects human to His Master, Allah the Exalted. Salaat has prayers. In Ruku (Bowing) and Sajdah (Prostration), after saying the prescribed Arabic prayers (Masnoon), one can pray in own language.
2- Plz check
" Bangla Shomprochar
MTAs daily Bengali service which includes a variety of programmes in Bengali. Presentation of MTA studios Bangladesh."
Source:MTA International | MTA daily program schedule
MTA=Muslim Television Ahmadiyya (multi language)

Last edited:

Rational_Mind

Ahmadi Muslim
Well I am going through a hugely troubled times and suffering from depression. I don't want to go into the details unless necessary. Even though I am a Muslim I haven't started worshipping God yet after I had left atheism. One of the reasons I became an atheist was because God didn't answer my prayers after performing some 'amils'. Now I realise what I had asked was not good for me and hence was not granted. Now I want to ask God for something that will be compatible with His choice. What amils do I have to do for this? Please provide me with ones that are easy to perform but takes less to moderate times. I am asking here because the books in my house has yielded no results and you may have better solutions.

Pray exactly what you desire in your own tongue as you are most comfortable. If you don't know any formal method of prayer yet that is okay, just raise both ahead of you and let your heart out.

9616573_orig.jpg

Ask Allah to teach you how to pray, tell him you feel like you are dead, ask him to grant you life. Your God is a living God, humble yourself in front of him like a beggar and make your supplications to Allah. Whenever you feel emotions, find a spot to pray and let it all out. Do not hesitate one bit, Allah is a friend you can turn to and share everything and seek help.

Praying is like the sowing of a seed by a farmer. Apparently he buries the good seed in the soil and who can expect at that time that the grain of seed will grow up in the form of a good tree and bear fruit? Outsiders and even the cultivator himself cannot see that the grain is assuming the form of a plant inside the earth. But the reality is that within a few days the grain undergoes a change and begins to assume the shape of a plant till its shoot emerges from the earth and becomes visible to everyone. From the moment when the grain was placed in the earth it had started its preparation to become a plant, but an eye that can only perceive the visible was not aware of it till its shoot emerged from the earth and became visible. An ignorant child cannot understand at that stage that it will bear fruit only at its due time. He desires to see it bearing fruit immediately, but an intelligent cultivator will know what is the time of its bearing fruit. He looks after it steadfastly and nurtures it till the time comes when it bears fruit and which also ripens.

The same is the case with prayer, which is nurtured in the same way and brings forth fruit. Those who are in haste get tired quickly and give up, and those who are steadfast persevere and arrive at their objective.

- See more at: The Philosophy of Prayer - The Review of Religions

Please read this article The Philosophy of Prayer - The Review of Religions it will be extremely beneficial. Also feel free to ask questions. InshAllah you can learn Salat soon.

Pastek

Sunni muslim
Even though I am a Muslim I haven't started worshipping God yet after I had left atheism. One of the reasons I became an atheist was because God didn't answer my prayers after performing some 'amils'. Now I realise what I had asked was not good for me and hence was not granted. Now I want to ask God for something that will be compatible with His choice.

I've heard that there's many reasons for that : God wants to test your faith, to punish you here for some of your sins instead of punishing you in the Hereafter, God wants to increase your faith, to higher your rank in Paradise ... there's maybe other reasons.
Some have deseases, other live under wars, famine, ill-treatments, so each one with his struggle.

Generally people say :

94.5 For indeed, with hardship [will be] ease.
Indeed, with hardship [will be] ease.

I hope you'll be better soon, inchalla inam'a lyousri yousra (with hardship [will be] ease.)