• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help Selecting A Computer

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't know about Lenovo (what Wu Wei said), but my computer has a Ryzen 5 AMD chipset and runs video games. I play Remnant II, Halo., If gaming matters this one is a pretty cheap option. Also Quagmire's comment about 16Gig ram is right.

What about a compromise with something that has similar capabilities but that isn't a Lenovo? :
new Amazon.com
used Amazon.com

But it sounds to me like he's into the anti-glare, touch-screen and noise canceling type of thing and may not be interested in gaming at all. In that case you should still look for one with 16 Gig ram, but you don't need to worry about what kind of chipset it is running. He also seems to like Lenovo for some reason, so in that case I'd go for the

I don't know much about Lenovo but it advertises good specs and a low price, and if gaming is a factor it will do some gaming.

He may eventually need an extra drive in a year or two, because a half terabyte (512 Gig) can fill up with videos, music, games and big applications. Depends on if he's going to download lots of big files like movies and install lots of games from online. My main drive is 1 terabyte, and my secondary drive is 2 terabyte. I don't use all of that though. In total I am using 1.2 terabyte including all the stuff and files I have accumulated.

Koldo

Outstanding Member

Ask him to create a list of games he would really like to play. Then check whether the notebook specs will make do. There are certain websites that can help with that. I can also help (if the list isn't too long, lol).

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Its confusing for me, because I know absolutely nothing. When I get a computer, I pick a price range, and then ask the salesperson "does this play Sims 3?" I go with the cheapest 'yes' option.

I asked him to pick 5, and then I'd ask around to try to figure out which is the best. :D

(And here I am.)
You should see me when it comes time to buy a computer. It's basically the same WTF should I pick but at a higher level of technical knowledge.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
If your son is a touch typist, ensure that the
new one doesn't have some important in
different places. I'd explain, but the rules against
profanity would prohibit my entire tirade.