• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Help! Spanish???

Samara

I think this may be a spanish word, but i cant find a translation...mind you, i am only 50% sure

sangangui

Any takers?

Fluffy

A fool
At a guess I would say it is something to do with blood. But I am rubbish with languages :). It certainly does seem to be Spanish but google translator doesn't like it so I would assume it is slang. Definitely looks like it is related to sanguine which is blood/blood red.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Samara said:
I think this may be a spanish word, but i cant find a translation...mind you, i am only 50% sure

sangangui

Any takers?

I is, but I think it is probably bad slang; it seems to mean "bad luck"

From:- Sangangui: Mala suerte. Sangui: Gafe. Sapo : Pez Rape. Saltacañita : Peonza. Serillo : Cerilla. T. Tapaboca: manotazo en los labios (eso no se dice). ...

The site itself is completely confusing; "Mala Suerte" Definitely means Bad Luck
Fom a site from Cadiz..............http://club.telepolis.com/micai/habla/elhabla.htm
Vocabulario Gaditano, así nos podrás comprender un poco mejor.
Este vocabulario que puedes ver en esta página son de la calle, y usado por todos, pero os dejo una dirección de donde me he ayudado.

Gaditano appears to be the name of the dialect; the site is said to be "so that we can understand it better" The words you can see on this page are from 'the street' and are to be used by all, but,"os dejo una dirección de donde me he ayudado." has foxed me