• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Herzog? "No way in Hell"

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
How do you feel about the rights of gay people under Palestinian rule?

I believe the way LGBT people are treated by the Palestinian leadership is atrocious and markedly theocratic.

Are their rights protected like the rights of gay people in Israel are protected?

No, Palestinian leadership is anti-LGBT. So are the American hardline conservatives of the GOP, such as DeSantis and Mike Pence. Do you oppose them because of their anti-LGBT stances?

Either way, my main criticism of Israel has nothing to do with LGBT rights; it has to do with illegal occupation, the large numbers of deaths among Palestinian civilians during many IDF operations, and the persistent violations of international law.

I encourage you to give this book a read or listen. Palestinian leadership is beyond corrupt, but don't take my word for it, take his.

Listen to Son of Hamas by Mosab Hassan Yousef, Ron Brackin - contributor on Audible. Son of Hamas

I have no more respect for Hamas and the rest of the Palestinian leadership than I do for Netanyahu.

Last edited:

Patrick66

I have no more respect for Hamas and the rest of the Palestinian leadership than I do for Netanyahu.
Palestinian leadership will never end their war against Israel for one significant reason: money. Western governments (and others) give millions in "aid" to them due to political pressure from western leftists. That aid affords Palestinian leadership to live lives of luxury while oftentimes living in places such as Paris or Qatar. They are utterly indifferent to the suffering and deaths of their own people. As I suggested, read the book.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
You're comparing DeSantis and Pence to Hamas?

No, I'm asking whether you believe being anti-LGBT is also a reason to oppose DeSantis and other GOP conservatives who have similar views to his, since you mentioned it as a point against Palestinian leadership (and rightfully so, in my opinion). Also, Palestinian leadership includes the PLO, not just Hamas.

And why do you believe that DeSantis is "anti-LGBT", because he signed a bill into law that forbids teaching the LGBT religion to public school children?

Saying "LGBT religion" doesn't seem to me indicative of a pro-LGBT stance. Also, I'm not going to turn this thread into another debate about American politics.

If you can advocate for LGBT lifestyles to public school children then would you also support permitting Christianity to be taught? What other ideological belief systems do you support being taught in schools?

"LGBT lifestyles" is another term that raises questions. Being LGBT is no more of a "lifestyle" than being heterosexual is.

Either way, I think the above answers my question. It seems to me that you brought up anti-LGBT sentiment as a negative thing only when doing so served your argument against Palestinian leadership, but then you defended anti-LGBT politicians right after when the context was about DeSantis and the GOP.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I love all people and that includes gay people. I am opposed to advocating LGBT ideology in schools. Again, why do you support teaching that while being opposed to teaching Christianity in schools?

I said nothing about what I support or don't support having taught in schools. You're assuming my position, asking questions based on that assumption, and implying the answer to those questions.

This is not a thread about American politics or schools, so I'll reserve my opinions on that tangent for other threads.

DeSantis told schools to stick to the curriculum, but you apparently support individual teachers being able to teach whatever they want. Is that what you support?

No, it's not. You're making an assumption again and asking loaded questions based on it.

It's disingenuous to claim to support LGBT rights in Palestinian jurisdictions while simultaneously supporting Palestinian leadership, which you are doing.

Now you're explicitly misrepresenting my position and attributing to me the opposite of what I clearly said in this thread:

No, Palestinian leadership is anti-LGBT.

Nowhere did I support the Palestinian leadership, be it Hamas or the PLO. I prefer focusing on the topics of discussion to having to correct misrepresentations of my positions. That makes discussions unproductive and tedious, so I tend not to engage when I encounter it.

Patrick66

I said nothing about what I support or don't support having taught in schools. You're assuming my position, asking questions based on that assumption, and implying the answer to those questions.

This is not a thread about American politics or schools, so I'll reserve my opinions on that tangent for other threads.

No, it's not. You're making an assumption again and asking loaded questions based on it.

Now you're explicitly misrepresenting my position and attributing to me the opposite of what I clearly said in this thread:

Nowhere did I support the Palestinian leadership, be it Hamas or the PLO. I prefer focusing on the topics of discussion to having to correct misrepresentations of my positions. That makes discussions unproductive and tedious, so I tend not to engage when I encounter it.

You are 100% correct and everything I wrote in this thread is incorrect. It might be helpful if you can simply delete my insane responses. I have seen the error in my ways. Thank you.