• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Heyy!

As3ad

>>PrOUd leBaNesE MusLiM<<
Hey!!!

I came to this forum to get educated about other religions...it's always been interesting to me to find out about other preople's faiths.

I am a muslim. I'm from Lebanon. Umm...I don't come from a religious background. So even though i was born to a muslim family, it is God who guided me to Islam.

I am 19 years old, 2nd year med student...I love all kinds of sports and I'm into politics and anything related to the medical field. I like to learn new languages (trilingual and now i am learning 2 new languages).

My country has about 60% muslims and 40% christians and we live together in peace and harmony. We go to the same schools, we work together and we are friends...that's something that you won't find in most countries...
I guess that's all. :)
Peace!!

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
Hello!!

You're country has 60% muslims and 40% Christians?!? I hope those percentages are rounded up... Surely those aren't the only 2 religions... maybe there's 0.5% of something else??

Welcome to the forums. :D

As3ad

You're country has 60% muslims and 40% Christians?!? I hope those percentages are rounded up... Surely those aren't the only 2 religions... maybe there's 0.5% of something else??
No actually Islam and christianity are the only 2 religions that exist in Lebanon. There used to be some jews here but some left to Israel and the others to Europe and the USA...not because they were mistreated, in fact they are proud of their lebanese identity. It was because of the economic situation and the civil war between 1975-1990.
There are 18 officially recognised sects in Lebanon but all are christian and muslim sects (maronites, catholics, armenians, protestants, sunnis, shias, druze...etc). Some say that muslims make up 70% of the population...but u have to consider that there are more lebanese christians then muslims who live in other countries...

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
No actually Islam and christianity are the only 2 religions that exist in Lebanon. There used to be some jews here but some left to Israel and the others to Europe and the USA...not because they were mistreated, in fact they are proud of their lebanese identity. It was because of the economic situation and the civil war between 1975-1990.
There are 18 officially recognised sects in Lebanon but all are christian and muslim sects (maronites, catholics, armenians, protestants, sunnis, shias, druze...etc). Some say that muslims make up 70% of the population...but u have to consider that there are more lebanese christians then muslims who live in other countries...

I bet there is at least one person there who has a different religion... That's asking for a lot of conformity...

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Welcome bro. There is some med Muslim students in this forum too. I have alot of lebanese friends by the way. I guess by default you should know arabic, english and french. What more languages are you trying to learn now? :)

Eid Mubarak!

Last edited:

As3ad

I bet there is at least one person there who has a different religion... That's asking for a lot of conformity...

There are less than a 100 lebanese jews here...so they don't show up in statistics. There are atheists and agnostics but they were originally muslim ot christian :)

As3ad

I guess by default you should know arabic, english and french. What more languages are you trying to learn now? :)

Yeah, I've been speak arabic, english and french ever since I was a small child. Now I am trying to learn Italian and German but I might not continue cos my studies don't leave me much free time :S so I'd rather be enjoying myself than learning a new language in the free time I have.
Eid Mubarak to u 2. Btw I'm a sister and Assaad is my last name, I'm just using it cos i'm so used to people calling me by my last name. :)

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yeah, I've been speak arabic, english and french ever since I was a small child. Now I am trying to learn Italian and German but I might not continue cos my studies don't leave me much free time :S so I'd rather be enjoying myself than learning a new language in the free time I have.
Eid Mubarak to u 2. Btw I'm a sister and Assaad is my last name, I'm just using it cos i'm so used to people calling me by my last name. :)

Ops! :eek: I'm sorry sis. I'm glad knowing someone like you, and i'm sure you will like it here. The med students i mentioned for you here are from Egypt and their names are not4me and maro. You might get to know them soon. There are other muslim sisters too like Peace. :)

As3ad

Wow Med student! What are you planning to do with that degree?

I'm not sure yet...I'd like to be a cardiologist, maybe a gatrologist....I still have a lot of time to decide. :)