• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Homosexuality is "Contrary to Natural Law"?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
It's often enough said that "homosexuality is contrary to natural law". If so, what is this "natural law"? How do we know of it? What methods or procedures are used to discern it? Who does the discerning and why them? Is the concept of natural law actually just more BS in a world already overrun with BS? Is it just a poor joke? Or is there actually something to it?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
It is not contrary to natural law, given that two gay people spontaneously fall in love with each other, without deciding it. So it's something spontaneous and natural

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Anyone else want to take a whack at this? Remember the questions are does natural law exist and, if so, how do we know what natural law is?

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
Natural law is taking what is common and making it what ought to be.

In other words, turning humanity and all nature into a homogenized lump of Last Men.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Anyone else want to take a whack at this? Remember the questions are does natural law exist and, if so, how do we know what natural law is?

well, if you are talking about homosexual sex, two male bodies are not complementary as the bodies of a man and a woman.
In fact anal sex is unnatural because anus is not a vagina. Vagina internal structure is identical to penis external structure.
So vagina is the only sexual organ which is complementary to penis-

Anal sex is unnatural because anus is an organ of the digestive apparatus. So I say it is very dangerous and unhealthy, whether it is practiced by a straight or a gay couple

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
Sure natural laws exist but how is it contrary to natural laws. The natural law in question is the want of sex. All through out the bisexual creatures homosexuality is prevalent.

When people say contrary to natural laws. They are implying the natural law is for pregnancy. If pregnancy was the point of the law why even create bisexual creatures. If pregnancy was the point of the law both sexes would want it as much. In fact the world would be much different today.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
When people say, "Homosexuality is contrary to natural law", they are quite obviously not referring to such natural laws as the laws of physics. Rather, they appear to be referring to some kind of moral law that they take to be grounded in god or nature. But how do they know such laws exist?

NewGuyOnTheBlock

Cult Survivor/Fundamentalist Pentecostal Apostate
If homosexuality was against natural law, then why would homosexual behavior be present in nature; even that outside of mankind?

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
How do you know that?

I can't find a definition of natural law that does not use law in its definition which makes the definition invalid, so for me.

Natural Law is feature of a species that is required by the species to survive.

The human species must drink water in some form.
The human species must eat food in some form.
The human species must be sexually active in some form.

You could probably find some others but the species must abide by these laws or it will not survive.

Drolefille

PolyPanGeekGirl
I really don't think that "natural law" actually exists.

If it exists in nature, it's natural, and humans are always part of nature. It just offends our sensibilities to deem the things we create and do as "natural."

I see where people were going with the whole "natural law" thing but the way it's tied into religion and such becomes ridiculous.

Drolefille

PolyPanGeekGirl
well, if you are talking about homosexual sex, two male bodies are not complementary as the bodies of a man and a woman.
In fact anal sex is unnatural because anus is not a vagina. Vagina internal structure is identical to penis external structure.
So vagina is the only sexual organ which is complementary to penis-

Anal sex is unnatural because anus is an organ of the digestive apparatus. So I say it is very dangerous and unhealthy, whether it is practiced by a straight or a gay couple

The penis is an excretory apparatus. We should NOT put it inside of our vaginas for that reason.

Unless you're suggesting that body parts have different uses? And ignoring that anal sex as well as digital sex, oral sex, frotteurism, etc all occur throughout nature not just among humans.

Your opinion on its safety and healthfulness is noted, could you provide sources to back that up?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Your opinion on its safety and healthfulness is noted, could you provide sources to back that up?

I don't need to provide anything. Any gastroenterologist can confirm to you that anal sex is very dangerous (even with condoms) because it can cause internal sores

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
It's often enough said that "homosexuality is contrary to natural law". If so, what is this "natural law"? How do we know of it? What methods or procedures are used to discern it? Who does the discerning and why them? Is the concept of natural law actually just more BS in a world already overrun with BS? Is it just a poor joke? Or is there actually something to it?

True natural laws seem to exist, but they have nothing to do with this matter. They are mostly subjects of physics and other natural sciences.

To the extent that natural laws deal with homosexuality, it is obvious that it is to ensure that it happens fairly consistently in any culture.

But what is often presented as being a "natural law" that somehow opposes homosexuality is just a jaundiced perception due to lack of anthropological skill. It is an attempt at presenting unease with different lifestyles as an informed and respectable opinion.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Anyone who engages in any particular sexual activity needs to be informed of the risks involved and take reasonable precautionary steps. This is no more nor no less true for any sexual activity.

Pardon me, I have to be frank. Anyone who wants to penetrate someone's anus is a very selfish person. Because this person cares only for their pleasure, and doesn't care if their partner suffers excruciatingly.
Yes, the passive part of anal intercourse suffers incredibly.

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
Pardon me, I have to be frank. Anyone who wants to penetrate someone's anus is a very selfish person. Because this person cares only for their pleasure, and doesn't care if their partner suffers excruciatingly.

And that's why "receivers" elect to be penetrated? That's why some want nothing more than to be penetrated?

Talking out your sphincter must just be preferable to putting something up yours.

misanthropic_clown

Oh, I assure you that as a passive partner, I find the experience actually quite delightful. Prostate stimulation etc, etc.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member

Consensual anal homosexual sex is very much possible, you know. In fact, it happens routinely and widely.