• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hope in Trump

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Please post why you say Pence worries you more than all of them.
Anyone else agree ?

Have you ever been to the "on the issues" site ? That should answer all your questions, unless you live in the dark ages.

Kuzcotopia

If you can read this, you are as lucky as I am.
To play devils advocate always, the fear many people had wasn't unjustified. My general feeling has been that Trump is an unknown. Is he probably worse than Hillary? Problably. Is most of what comes out of his mouth bull****? Yeah. The Pence thing was the first time a chill ran down my spine with Trump. More or less I have to hope that it was the RNC making a deal with him and that was a barganing piece.

You've convinced me. There is much less cause to be hopeful.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Please post why you say Pence worries you more than all of them.
Anyone else agree ?
He is very anti-LBGT and he has tried to make it legal legislation that my civil liberties are beneath religious bigotry. And not only LBGT, he's also anti-science, to the point he took it upon himself to challenge and "disprove" evolution before Congress.

Shadow Wolf

If elected president of RF I promise to play Metal music on RF for non-members and members as standard spam, then I promise to change my mind once elected.
I vote for you! And I'm going to bus myself around to vote for you a hundred times. And I'll steal identities to vote for you a thousand more times. And then I'll cast votes as Mickey, Goofy, Donald, Minny, and Daisy.
And you should know, Metal is not spam, but rather what is more properly known as "gospel music." Hail Satan! Hail Maynard James Keenan! Hail Lemmy!:p

Shad

Veteran Member
Im watching Trump on 60 minutes. He has toned his rhetoric by a large degree. I wonder now that he does not need to pander to those with questionable views if he is voicing his mind or pandering to a large audience.

Acim

Revelation all the time
Part of me wishes this was in the "Liberals Only" part of the forum, because I think the flip flopping is going to be more from Liberals than from Trump. If you understood "rip up Iran Deal" as he will have piece of paper with deal on it in front of him, and he'll literally rip it up, then I dunno, you're naive? He'll make the deal different, which won't be easy, but will be supported by lots of Pubs who are now in power. With Obamacare, if he, or any Pub were going to replace it, did you think he (or they) would not borrow anything from that Act? No seriously, did you really think that's what repeal meant, when he said that? I think all conservative types took it as he'll get rid of the mandate and probably anything that violates religious sensibilities. That and more. To do anything would be amending it, and easier to accomplish, but getting rid of mandate might take repeal.

But he'll surely do things that please Dems. Not all of them, but some of them, some of the time. Like when Obama came in on coattails of anti-war, and then become longest running wartime POTUS, that didn't upset Pubs, other than his policies around how soldiers are to engage with enemy combatants and stuff like that.

Also possible Trump is saying things to quell protests right now. I'd take that into account.

But really, Pubs knew the moment primaries ended that we were likely getting a flip flopper yet a candidate that is our only hope to defeat Hillary. A candidate that on certain core issues is aligned with our beliefs, and on other items is out of step with what at least some of us believe. If he tackles immigration aggressively, cuts taxes, repeals mandate in Obamacare, creates better growth in the economy, emphasizes national security / defeats ISIS on his watch, re-establishes certain religious freedoms and keeps abortion rights at bay, I'm thinking most conservative types will be quite pleased.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Let me remind everyone....
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Cm6reI9PaGU/T_71aBqTc7I/AAAAAAAAB8Y/fZPrUKDtDsA/s1600/****+happens.jpg
It always has.
It always will.
Things have been worse...much worse.
We've always had to work to get & keep rights.
That will never stop.
So don't worry.....get to work.
And be optimistic...it's good for you.
Now, somebody give somebody else a hug....just not me.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
With Obamacare, if he, or any Pub were going to replace it, did you think he (or they) would not borrow anything from that Act? No seriously, did you really think that's what repeal meant, when he said that?
Five days before the election I posted this:
I think that this argument is at least partly semantic. Whether you say you want to fix Obamacare, or repeal and replace Obamacare, really amounts to the same thing. Either way, you are going to use some of the structures that have been put into place (unless you are completely insane). Either way, you need to make some serious changes.

Shadow Wolf

Five days before the election I posted this:
It's not an argument of semantics, as amending the bill will be far much easier than scrapping it and replacing it (scrapping it won't be easy given the Reps slim majority in Senate, but replacing it will be the very difficult part).

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
It's not an argument of semantics, as amending the bill will be far much easier than scrapping it and replacing it (scrapping it won't be easy given the Reps slim majority in Senate, but replacing it will be the very difficult part).
What I am wondering is will it still be referred to as "Obamacare" four years from now?

sandycreekboy

I recall when Bernie Sanders lost the primary that my very best possible outcome for this election would be for Trump to win and then turn his back on everything he promised. Well not litterally everything but to definitly push a bunch of non-conservative issues through.

A few days in he is already talking about keeping parts of the ACA. Hopefully he makes meaningful improvmements or goes back to his 90's opinion that we should have Canadian style socialized healthcare.

He has said some terrible things that are not to be tolerated about minoirities and women in the past. I can live with that if he passes laws and produces results that are favorable. I'd rather have a racist **** of a president that ends war in the middle east, fixes healthcare, betters the economy for all and helps college debt than a female political correctness machine that continued to bomb children and make less than ideal reforms in the homeland.

So to hear trump talk about his idea for caps in interest rates for college debts and forgiveness after 20 years? It made me feel a slight....tiny glimmer of hope that his campaign was an act and that he is a person underneath all that wrinkled orange skin.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-laid-out-a-pretty-radical-student-debt-plan/
im glad to see trump backpeddling but hes still a major threat

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
To play devils advocate always, the fear many people had wasn't unjustified. My general feeling has been that Trump is an unknown. Is he probably worse than Hillary? Problably. Is most of what comes out of his mouth bull****? Yeah. The Pence thing was the first time a chill ran down my spine with Trump. More or less I have to hope that it was the RNC making a deal with him and that was a barganing piece.

? Political Ponerology - Andrew M. Lobaczewski