• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hopeless medical practice.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
My local medical practise has at least 7 GP's However You can never see a doctor when you need one. I phoned for an appointment today and was told no appointments for two weeks.... If I phone again Friday they may have an emergency 24 hour slot on Monday. I have not been able to see my own doctor for two years, his waiting list is always 2 or three weeks. mostly I see a locum or student. I was expected to wait 3 weeks for a regular blood test last month, I drove to the hospital instead, where I had to wait all of five minutes.( it was needed by the consultant the next week)

The Doctors are all very good. it is their organisation that is total carp.

Thankfully for a majority of people, most surgeries are better organised that this. My son in law's practise sees anyone the same day, and they only have two GP's.( including himself)

We have a national health service, But doctors are private contractors and run their own surgeries, some are good managers some are not.

Rant over.....

Last edited:

Alceste

Vagabond
Our surgery in Truro had gaps in the schedule to fit people in on the same day if it was urgent. Seemed sensible, as medical issues are often urgent.

Cassiopia

Sugar and Spice
We have a national health service, But doctors are private contractors and run their own surgeries, some are good managers some are not.

Rant over.....

I think a lot of them would prefer to just be doctors and not be forced into being business people and administrators.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
I think a lot of them would prefer to just be doctors and not be forced into being business people and administrators.

For the most part they are Just doctors, But like all professionals they should be able to organise them selves.... to be fair most can. They all employ practise managers these days.

My father was a doctor Prior to the health service... If he did not do it, no one did.
He also found time to run the local cottage hospital. He was only ever paid by a fraction of his patients. (normal then)