• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hostages different between Hamas and Israel

idea

Question Everything
Another true believer who singularly has THE TRUTH.

I was raised by zionists, used to be one, have spent time in Israel, and in Egypt, have toured the camps in Germany. For all the horrors of of WW2 and sympathy that creates, I am no longer a zionist.

I understand some types of trauma response, very deeply.

Some who grew up in abuse continue the cycle - they abuse others, they repeat it, I've seen abuse that is generations long.

Others change. Have to walk away from family, walk away from religious group, walk away from all you know - from people and dogma - alone. Quite difficult to escape, to change, to see a new point of view.

Entire cultures both with PTSD, not individuals, but entire cultures - if you know any individual with PTSD, or if you are personally familiar with it... when you are around other 'sane not triggered people you can look to them, tell yourself to ignore your instincts, tell yourself its in your head (it is in your head)... but if you are not surrounded by sane people, if the entire group is in that trauma response.... it is so sad for all involved.

Last edited: