• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How can one be Christian and Wiccan

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
when there are MAJOR conflicts how could anyone think that they can do it. That is like trying to tie your shoe and walk. Independently both options are fine but when combined it makes for one hell of a home video.

Could it be that perhaps the Christian-Wiccan doesn't get caught up in the differences between the two, but instead tries to break down the barrier between the two that many people put there and focuses on the similarities?

Runt

If one is catholic you don't see them being a catholic wiccan, or a buddist wicca.... therefore it begs the question just because ideas were taken from one to another that both religions can be observed together? Maybe it is just me. I know that you can't be 2 religions at once it doesn't work, You can't serve 2 masters.
The thousands of syncretic religions out in the world belie your argument.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
You make many assumptions. Yes gardner raped many religions in forming wicca but those religions did not inturn then start believe wicca.

Maybe not, but to those of us who like to see culture preserved and accurate history, it's still just as bad.

As for the buddhist pagans and taoist pagans guess what they are all pagans. not just a set of them. Pagan means not believeing in the abrahamic god and they don't. So those references mean nothing.

Buddhist and Taoist Pagans as in Neo-Pagans, and Wiccans. There's no reason why they can't be combined for some people

I'm not asking anyone to agree with me, just to think about this with some common sense and see why it doesn't work or how they infact make it work. So far there has been very little of that.

Probably because there are no Christian Wiccans here. If you want answers to those questions, you'll have to go to Google.

spirittalker101

Love me or Hate me
The thousands of syncretic religions out in the world belie your argument.

I tried to fix that but it didn't take.....it was meant to say that christianity says that you can't serve 2 masters and yet wicca has the lord and the lady of the isles that you worship. It went up before I could fix it.

spirittalker101

Love me or Hate me
Maybe not, but to those of us who like to see culture preserved and accurate history, it's still just as bad.
How will history look when all the religions slowly lump into christianity because well it fits?

Buddhist and Taoist Pagans as in Neo-Pagans, and Wiccans. There's no reason why they can't be combined for some people
hmmm good try but no that still doesn't work.

Probably because there are no Christian Wiccans here. If you want answers to those questions, you'll have to go to Google.
geez you were fighting like you knew what you were talking about, shame.

Runt

I tried to fix that but it didn't take.....it was meant to say that christianity says that you can't serve 2 masters and yet wicca has the lord and the lady of the isles that you worship. It went up before I could fix it.
Not every Christian denomination holds to a literal interpretation of the Bible or believes that the Bible is the infallible word of God. It is not uncommon for even the most mainstream of Christian denominations to outright reject certain content from the Bible due to historical criticism, scientific findings, developments in ethics and modern philosophy, and so on and so forth. A prime example: Very few Christians lead kosher lifestyles despite the various prohibitions lain out in plain text for them in the Bible.

spirittalker101

Love me or Hate me

Not every Christian denomination holds to a literal interpretation of the Bible or believes that the Bible is the infallible word of God. It is not uncommon for even the most mainstream of Christian denominations to outright reject certain content from the Bible due to historical criticism, scientific findings, developments in ethics and modern philosophy, and so on and so forth. A prime example: Very few Christians lead kosher lifestyles despite the various prohibitions lain out in plain text for them in the Bible.

Are you making reference to the new or old testements???

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
How will history look when all the religions slowly lump into christianity because well it fits?

I have no fear that it will even happen. Actually, I find the suggestion that it's possible rife with conspiracy theory, and the all too-common and disgusting "I hate Christianity" Wiccan attitude.

hmmm good try but no that still doesn't work.

Just because you don't understand how it works, or just because you believe that BTW is the only "Real Wicca (tm)" doesn't mean you're right.

geez you were fighting like you knew what you were talking about, shame.

I never claimed to be an expert on anything. I just don't happen to agree that BTW is the only valid form of Wicca.

spirittalker101

Love me or Hate me
I have no fear that it will even happen. Actually, I find the suggestion that it's possible rife with conspiracy theory, and the all too-common and disgusting "I hate Christianity" Wiccan attitude.

Just because you don't understand how it works, or just because you believe that BTW is the only "Real Wicca (tm)" doesn't mean you're right.

I never claimed to be an expert on anything. I just don't happen to agree that BTW is the only valid form of Wicca.

Hmmm lets see I'm wrong because I believe what the FOUNDER of the religion says and not what Silver Ravenwolf says.

BTW I'm not wiccan

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
Hmmm lets see I'm wrong because I believe what the FOUNDER of the religion says and not what Silver Ravenwolf says.

BTW I'm not wiccan

Do you believe everything Gardner told you?

Don't say yes if you believe Wicca isn't ancient. Wicca not being ancient invalidates a whole lot of what Gardner came up with. That's why modern Wicca looks so much different. :rolleyes:

Runt

Old is out Jesus fullfilled that one when he died.

Christianity is sounding more and more fun it seems to be a pick and choose as you go kind of religion.
Differences in belief and practice account for the existence of the hundreds of different Christian denominations out there. Picking and choosing has been part of the evolution of Christianity from the very beginning. Why stop now?

And if the Tanakh is "out" because of the arrival of Jesus, then that pesky "No other Gods before me" commandment is right out with it, making it a-okay to be a Christian Wiccan who worships a God and a Goddess...

spirittalker101

Love me or Hate me
Differences in belief and practice account for the existence of the hundreds of different Christian denominations out there. Picking and choosing has been part of the evolution of Christianity from the very beginning. Why stop now?

LOL. I know that, I think it is so funny. It's kind of a choose your own adventure religion.

spirittalker101

Love me or Hate me
Do you believe everything Gardner told you?

Don't say yes if you believe Wicca isn't ancient. Wicca not being ancient invalidates a whole lot of what Gardner came up with. That's why modern Wicca looks so much different. :rolleyes:

Just because the history was messed up doesn't invalidate what Gardner set up. There WAS NO WICCA before the 1950's that was him. The New Forest Coven was a Witch coven not a Wiccan Coven.

There are Christian Witches but not Christian Wiccans.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
Just because the history was messed up doesn't invalidate what Gardner set up. There WAS NO WICCA before the 1950's that was him. The New Forest Coven was a Witch coven not a Wiccan Coven.

There are Christian Witches but not Christian Wiccans.

Did you try doing some research on it now that you've realized nobody is able to answer your "questions"?

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Quote from wiki about what Gerald Gardner said about Wicca:

He claimed that the religion, of which he was an initiate, was a modern survival of an old witchcraft religion, which had existed in secret for hundreds of years, originating in the pre-Christian Paganism of Europe. Wicca is thus sometimes referred to as the Old Religion. The veracity of Gardner's claims cannot be independently proven, and it is thought that Wiccan theology began to be compiled no earlier than the 1920s.

You say that he siad he made it up(he did) but this says that HE said he didn't.......

spirittalker101

Love me or Hate me
Did you try doing some research on it now that you've realized nobody is able to answer your "questions"?

My questions were valid and I only asked to see if you knew the answers to the simple questions seeing as you came off as such a know-it-all. Those are things that we ask the teens on other sites when they claim the title of Wiccan.

Again I am not wiccan. You seem to have missed that.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
My questions were valid and I only asked to see if you knew the answers to the simple questions seeing as you came off as such a know-it-all. Those are things that we ask the teens on other sites when they claim the title of Wiccan.

Again I am not wiccan. You seem to have missed that.

So, nobody here can answer your questions.

The next step would probably be to find some actual Christian Wiccans and ask them. Why don't you do that?