• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How can one know they have a soul or spirit?

Blastcat

Kindly read my previous post (# 135) where I have tried to explain it. Yes, some people are aware of more things in life (for example, environment degradation in the present time), some are not - just carrying on with their life in disregard to these. But the effects of environmental degradation will keep on happening unaffected by whether people are aware or not.

The research that I have done indicates that you are babbling and have no evidence for your soul claims. Souls have nothing at all to do with the weather, as far as I can tell.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
But, friend, where did I make claims for 'soul' - except in good-natured fun. Now that is not prohibited in RF. I have been a confirmed strong atheist for some 30 years now.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Wouldn't the "soul" be our conscious mind, memories, personality, etc. (collectively everything that makes an individual more than an automatous bag of meat)? Thus everyone has a soul, at least figuratively.
And your ghosts, spirits, etc. are these minds somehow sustained beyond the corporeal.

Blastcat

But, friend, where did I make claims for 'soul' - except in good-natured fun. Now that is not prohibited in RF. I have been a confirmed strong atheist for some 30 years now.

Oh.... your comments are not to be taken seriously.. my bad.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Wouldn't the "soul" be our conscious mind, memories, personality, etc. (collectively everything that makes an individual more than an automatous bag of meat)? Thus everyone has a soul, at least figuratively.
And your ghosts, spirits, etc. are these minds somehow sustained beyond the corporeal.
The last does not happen. An individual is a bag of meat, but that does not take away anything from life.

Last edited:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
The last does not happen.

Because the universe and its phenomena are restricted by the boundaries of our limited knowledge and understanding of it. Radio waves simply did not exist until we developed the means to discover them, right?

An individual is a bag of meat, but that does not take away anything from life.

If the case, of course not.