• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

how did man appear on earth

outhouse

Atheistically
Well, I am a person of science. So, really, I am in MAJOR confusion, because, I read the bible, and based on it, Adam and Eve are the ones who started our species. But in science terms, which is basically how we, and our planet works, I've learned that comets can start life. Maybe, bacteria, was first life on earth, then it evolved into microscopic bugs, then small fish, then large fish, then early reptiles, then dinosaurs, then mammals, apes, Neanderthals, then humans. Also, if god created the earth, then why do SCIENTIST, believe that it's was formed by the Big Bang? And is 4.8 billion years old? I don't know, :shrug: like I said, I'm confused.

Do you believe in the word mythology, I do. Ancient people used it to explain the natural world around them when they were completely ignorant to nature.

Why the confusion?

Agnostic75

CatLover 412 said:
Well, I am a person of science. So, really, I am in MAJOR confusion, because, I read the bible, and based on it, Adam and Eve are the ones who started our species. But in science terms, which is basically how we, and our planet works, I've learned that comets can start life. Maybe, bacteria, was first life on earth, then it evolved into microscopic bugs, then small fish, then large fish, then early reptiles, then dinosaurs, then mammals, apes, Neanderthals, then humans. Also, if god created the earth, then why do SCIENTIST, believe that it's was formed by the Big Bang? And is 4.8 billion years old? I don't know, like I said, I'm confused.

Don't worry, it is only confusing from a fundamentalist Christian perspective, not from a liberal, or moderate Christian perspective. Millions of Christian theistic evolutionists, have no problem with the belief that the story of Adam and Eve is a parable, or myth. And, liberal, and moderate Christians have no problem with the belief that God used the Big Bang to create the universe.

As far as the age of the earth is concerned, even if humans have existed for less than 10,000 years, that does not necessarily mean that the earth is young, only that humans are young.