• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How did you get to the forum?

mrscardero

Kal-El's Mama
I fell asleep on the bus and woke up here.

lol-045.gif
MSN-Emoticon-lol-126.gif

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Friend Quagmire,

Surely it must have been a concious decision to board and sleep on the RF bus like me.
Love & rgds

You're absolutely right Zen. Truth is, finding/joining this forum was the end of a pretty epic quest on my part. I don't know how many forums I looked at or actually joined over the 2 or 3 months I spent looking for one that felt right.

Finding this place was like wandering around in a forgien country for months and then finally running into a group of people speaking a language I understood.

started out with developing my goals, and i realize i wanted to leave the world something so wanted to build something, that evolved into wanting to invent something that evolved in a qeust for knowlage, but i surpassed all the answerable qeustions and stumbled into the unanswerable, this created a vision of the world i wanted to share and debate, and since the internet is a place with alot of people with diffrent visions i though it would be the best place.

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
I clicked on a link exchange from zeldauniverse.net and I decided to join after reading posts here for a couple of weeks.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
I was bored at work and bored with the football forum I had been frequenting and the season was over, and I've always had an interest in religion, so I, apparently along with everyone else, googled it, and ended up here.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I did a google search for religious forums. I had already did the Christian forum thing, but I found those a bit annoying. No matter what Christian forum I arrived at, I had some member tell me I was going to hell if I didn't believe the same way they did (Honest). None of them wanted to talk about other faiths at all. I once suggested that maybe all Gods from various faiths may be the same one-- Well, lets just say I never did that again.

I had a feeling it might be different if I went to a forum about all various faiths, and I was right and I have been posting here ever since. :)

Nanda

Polyanna
Papersock and I had recently come to the conclusion that we were, in fact, atheists, and we wanted to find a place where we could discuss certain issues. We were really turned off by a lot of the forums out there for atheists only - even the ones that didn't have extremely bad attitudes toward religion were very one-sided. Paper found this site in his searching, and pointed it out to me. I never thought I'd become very involved here, I figured I'd just lurk a bit. You just never know.

Kungfuzed

Student Nurse
I have often wondered how people make their way to the forum. I have heard a few people say that someone on the forum told them about it, others have just arrived here by accident, chance or maybe divine intervention......Whatever the reason tell us how you found out about RF.

I personally was invited to try the forum by someone who is no longer a member, but I am glad they convinced me to join........This person was surprised, said he didn't think I would last over a couple of weeks. He thought I was too much of a "fanatic" to last and that I would be like a "little lamb" in the midst of a bunch of wolves.
You would probably be surprised by who invited me. :rolleyes:
It was a google search for me.

I was googling some religious term and a thread here came up and I signed on right away...as I quit another forum recently cold turkey and this is helping me deal with that.

Zephyr

Moved on
I came here from an ad of some sort on whistlestopper.com way long time ago. Heh, I was a Muslim back then and wicked excited to find this place.