• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Do We Know God Loves Us?

301ouncer

God is pure love and beauty to his rightouse servants......How beautifull and caring the most mercifull ( 9 min long video but every 1 sec is priceless in wealth and materialsim ) :

[HD] Let's Meet God in Paradise
[youtube]eY6_lQP2K1Y[/youtube]
YouTube - [HD] Let's Meet God in Paradise

This is excatly what I will experience inshAllah when I will meet my lord. How loving.. Even though my creator is not in need of me or mankind for that matter still so burifful and compasionate.

footprints

It's sometimes said, "God loves us." But, even assuming there is a god, how do we know that?

As it stands, all base religions and cultures born from a spiritual teacher, contain a path of enlightenment. Enlightenment leads to unconditional love, or another way of saying the same thing, instant, total forgiveness to all those who would trespass against us, in any way shape or form. As in, the Dalai Lama, instantly forgives China and its people, for transgressions against Tibet and its people.

As enlightenment is the centre point of all these base religions and base root cultures, it is said to be a prerequisite to ascension, as in, "Only from Nirvana, can Utopia be seen,"; "Unless you become as this child, you will never enter the Kingdom of heaven," et al.

Therefore one could logically conclude, that , before a person could ascend to heaven, utopia per se, they must possess, unconditonal love, presumably to fit in and not disturb the balance. God per se, is alledged to reside in heaven.

Last edited:

Baydwin

It's sometimes said, "God loves us." But, even assuming there is a god, how do we know that?
It's only really Abrahamics that say that, and newer religions that (even if they can't see it) have been influenced by Abrahamic thought. I suppose their reasoning comes from what their scriptures say and because we have life, and why would an unloving God create life?

If you imagine god as the sun, then her light gives life to us all, it keeps us warm and allows plants to grow and keep us animals fed. But equally her light creates parched, lifeless deserts and will burn those who expose themselves to it too much, could even give them cancer.
A star is not loving. The same processes that allowed it to produce life are the same as those that will harm and ultimately destroy us. If the sun was too weak to harm us it would be too weak produce us in the first place. Similarly a God that is only love would be an impotent God, IMO.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Once they leave their Olympian hall, the gods toy with us, exploit us, seduce us and make love to us then leave us for dead.

sandandfoam

Veteran Member

Poetry.

Gibran wrote this the other way around but it works for me this way:-
Love has no desire but to fulfill itself.
When you love you should not say "God is in my heart" but rather "I am in the heart of God"

In 'Sand and Foam' he also said "When I stood a clear mirror before you, you gazed into me and saw your image.
Then you said, "I love you."
But in truth you saw yourself in me."

I think our perception of God's presence or abscence, our longings and our view of God's love are the result of what we gaze at in the clear mirror.

sandandfoam

Veteran Member
Your thread also reminded me of one of the best t-shirts I ever saw. It said "Jesus loves me but says you're a [*word the mods would remove if I typed it*] "
:D

Beta

Perhpas that is what Jack the Ripper has said when slitting a prostitute's throat.
This is just the right example to show us what sin does to us , what it gets us into.
Each thinking what we do is right is not the way to live life. God is trying to keep man on the right track with advice and admonition and all he gets for his trouble are angry, stubborn ,disobedient people blaming HIM for all our wrongs.
When will people learn ?