• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do we know Lucifer's story?

The Great Architect

Where does all that come in? When do we find out that he was once one of God's Angels, etc? I don't remember reading about it in the Bible. I could be wrong! Where does it come from? I forget...

wednesday

Jesus
^ i was told it came from the bible, well its my perception anyway. I mean why would they speak about a kingdom of reward and not a kingdom of punishment? I got told he and half the angels rebelled from God and went into damnation and so on and so forth, whether its accurate i dont know. A Lucerferian could probably clarify this based on a 'common' belief?

wednesday

Jesus
^ Each to their own. I used to see hell as a reward for opposing the 'sense of supression i felt' (influenced too much by satanic music of low-value to religion) but i now see hell as punishment for opposition, heaven for co-operating. Just like everything else in religion i guess its based on interpretation of words?

Ðanisty

Most of what people believe about Lucifer isn't in the Bible at all, so I'm not surprised you don't remember it. ;) Most of it is from stories like Paradise Lost.

As far as my beliefs go, most of what I need to know is already in the Bible. It's just that I see it from a different perspective than Christians do.

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
The Book of Enoch speaks of the fall of angels from Heaven, and while not using the term Lucifer it does use Azazel, one of the epithets of Satan, for the chief of the fallen angels.

The Dead Sea Scrolls talk of a war between the sons of light and the sons of darkness, the leader of the sons of darkness being Belial, another epithet of Satan.

Not sure if that helps any, but its some random info i've picked up. :)

Ðanisty

The Book of Enoch speaks of the fall of angels from Heaven, and while not using the term Lucifer it does use Azazel, one of the epithets of Satan, for the chief of the fallen angels.

The Dead Sea Scrolls talk of a war between the sons of light and the sons of darkness, the leader of the sons of darkness being Belial, another epithet of Satan.

Not sure if that helps any, but its some random info i've picked up. :)
True but isn't Enoch not really accepted? I don't know about the Dead Sea Scrolls either...a lot of people don't seem to accept that. If you're talking about the basic Bible that most people use, I think many relevant things are not included. I know I've found lots of fascinating things in Gnostic texts.

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
Ðanisty;920679 said:
True but isn't Enoch not really accepted? I don't know about the Dead Sea Scrolls either...a lot of people don't seem to accept that. If you're talking about the basic Bible that most people use, I think many relevant things are not included. I know I've found lots of fascinating things in Gnostic texts.
Sorry i'm a bit confused by what you're asking, accepted by whom, Luciferians or Christians?

I think its important to remember that many texts that didn't make it to the final cut of the Bible still had a major effect in the theology of the general populace and thus the various traditions that have been passed down to us in the modern age, including the fallen angel/angelic revolt mythology.

Ðanisty

Sorry i'm a bit confused by what you're asking, accepted by whom, Luciferians or Christians?
Sorry for the confusion. I was saying that most Christians don't accept those books (like Enoch) that I know of. Yet you bring up a good point.

I think its important to remember that many texts that didn't make it to the final cut of the Bible still had a major effect in the theology of the general populace and thus the various traditions that have been passed down to us in the modern age, including the fallen angel/angelic revolt mythology.
Many of these texts have influenced people and they've shared their beliefs about them with others, but haven't necessarily shared the books themselves. Many people believe things from Enoch, but haven't read and when they look for it, they don't find anything. That was more or less my point. People know some of it, but they haven't read it in the Bible because their copy doesn't include it.

I hope that made more sense.

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
Ðanisty;920920 said:
Sorry for the confusion. I was saying that most Christians don't accept those books (like Enoch) that I know of. Yet you bring up a good point.

Many of these texts have influenced people and they've shared their beliefs about them with others, but haven't necessarily shared the books themselves. Many people believe things from Enoch, but haven't read and when they look for it, they don't find anything. That was more or less my point. People know some of it, but they haven't read it in the Bible because their copy doesn't include it.

I hope that made more sense.
Yeah i see what you mean.

Sorry, i feel this may be an off-topic question, but maybe not;
Would you say Luciferianism is a development from Christianity, and as such do most Luciferians look to the Bible for information? Are Gnostic, Jewish and texts like the Dead Sea Scrolls seen as less reliable/less useful to Luciferians than the Bible?

Ðanisty

Sorry, i feel this may be an off-topic question, but maybe not;
Would you say Luciferianism is a development from Christianity, and as such do most Luciferians look to the Bible for information? Are Gnostic, Jewish and texts like the Dead Sea Scrolls seen as less reliable/less useful to Luciferians than the Bible?
Luciferians aren't necessarily attached to any particular paradigm. I would say it's a development of many different beliefs. All relevant texts are acceptable sources. In fact, I know many who refer to themselves specifically as Gnostic Luciferians. It doesn't have to stay in the Abrahamic paradigm either. Prometheus is a great example of a Luciferian figure. I would say though for the purposes of the Bible, the Old Testament is where all the really useful stuff is. Personally, my concept of God is shown more clearly in the OT although there's traces of it in the NT as well. Perhaps this is where I run into the most trouble trying to discuss religion with Christians. Sometimes I have a feeling Jews would understand my perspective better (although I'm sure they'd still disagree with me).

rojse

RF Addict
I do believe that there was a story of how Lucifer fell from the grace of God, by challenging the power of God and being condemned to Hell. It was quite early on in the Bible, but I do not recall which book it was.

onegothmama

pope of Discordia
Um, biblically, you would look in the book of Issiah for the passage that people believe comes from Lucifer.
Isaiah 14:12 (New International Version)

12 How you have fallen from heaven,
O morning star, son of the dawn!
You have been cast down to the earth,
you who once laid low the nations!
Many christisans preach that the morning star in that passage refers to Lucifer (of course they call any being of power other than God/Jehovah/etc Lucifer or Satan).

13 You said in your heart,
"I will ascend to heaven;
I will raise my throne
above the stars of God;
I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly,
on the utmost heights of the sacred mountain.

Last edited:

onegothmama

pope of Discordia
Basically in the christian bible, look for the name "morning star", and then check the context (it refers to both Lucifer as in the chapter of Issiah, and it refers to Jesus as it does in Revelation 22:16).

defmog

As far as I know, the word lucifer was erroneously used in the latin vulgata bible. It is a wide spread misconception that Isaiah 14.12 refers to Satan before he fell from grace. Isaiah is actually refering to the king of Babylon!

defmog

Hi there
I have found a really nice drawing of Lucifer. In it he holds a chain with a key in the end in his right hand.
Do any of you know what that key is for?

Just_me_Mike

Hi there
I have found a really nice drawing of Lucifer. In it he holds a chain with a key in the end in his right hand.
Do any of you know what that key is for?
It is said to be symbolic. It is a sign of the times, signifying the end is near. Lucifer, is given a key towards the end of the world, and I am sure this drawing is depicting that, somehow.

David69

Angel Of The North
Where does all that come in? When do we find out that he was once one of God's Angels, etc? I don't remember reading about it in the Bible. I could be wrong! Where does it come from? I forget...

Lucifer is Gods proudest creation!! Lucifer is a part of God! a part of himself that God rejected. Knowledge of Lucifer doesnt come from books just like visions of phropets doesnt come from book but travel through dna. we dont just inherit eye colour and goofy teeth from dna, but knowledge. How does the Lucifarian vampire just know whats to be known!!! The essence of God and Lucifer, satan and Jesus flows through us all. Yes we see ghosts and pastlives etc but it is only what we inherit! only if its Gods/Lucifers will (or a part of Gods) for chosen ones to be anointed, chosen for a purpose, the knowledge will come to us.