• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

how do you define a witch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tau

Stupidity, the meaning of, kcnorwood is something you really ought to research yourself.

Pseudo druid that ye are....

Kcnorwood

I am the fool?

When all Druids were dead by the 5th century and Druidism was an oral tradition, no writings exist at all, only celtic myth and legend?

Get real...

Lets see proof that Witches were only Females & Druids were only male, if you know this for a fact then you should have no problem showing us. :rolleyes:

It's put up or shut up time.

Tau

Lets see proof that Witches were only Females & Druids were only male, if you know this for a fact then you should have no problem showing us. :rolleyes:

It's put up or shut up time.

But I know witches, one used to put dock leaves on my hand if I was stung and tell me about all the trees and the plants, was the person who found me wandering near a river on my own once when I was little when I had escaped my mothers eye, she knew things people couldn't know about ghosts and places and facts.
Her aunt told her how to be a witch and that is how it goes.

Il shut up now.

Don't get me wrong I love witches, real ones.

Tau

As for sexism...celebrate the different strengths, don't attempt to lump men and women together under some PC banner, they are totally different...

Kcnorwood

But I know witches, one used to put dock leaves on my hand if I was stung and tell me about all the trees and the plants, was the person who found me wandering near a river on my own once when I was little when I had escaped my mothers eye, she knew things people couldn't know about ghosts and places and facts.

Il shut up now.

Yes oral tradation is how they were both passed down but sex has nothing to do with it. I've met real male Witchs & female Druids My wife is a real Witch so I should know. Untill you have proof of your last statement all your doing is talking.

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin

Il shut up now.

That doesn't tell us lowly witches and druids anything except for your recounting a single personal experience from years ago, along with concept that you have admitted to have dreamed up, as fact. Doesn't work like that, in this or any field.

You'll have a hard time convincing anyone of anything without doing the proper preparation, but you're only cheating yourself out of more knowledge and the learning experience.

Tau

Yes oral tradation is how they were both passed down but sex has nothing to do with it. I've met real male Witchs & female Druids My wife is a real Witch so I should know. Untill you have proof of your last statement all your doing is talking.

Proof?

I am not trying to educate you in this instance, it doesnt matter to me what you or anyone else thinks about what the gender of a witch should be, I really don't care, I am merely expressing an opinion based on my experience and understanding.

Too many people here think debating is all about scoring or proving points, it isnt, sometimes you just have to read and accept that some people, rightly or wrongly, will not agree with you.

You said I sounded stupid, you said I was being sexist, you like some other posters here have only reacted negatively and with scarcely concealed egotism, but thats alright I think of the greater good, I think of how I can help.

;)

Tau

That doesn't tell us lowly witches and druids anything except for your recounting a single personal experience from years ago, along with concept that you have admitted to have dreamed up, as fact. Doesn't work like that, in this or any field.

You'll have a hard time convincing anyone of anything without doing the proper preparation, but you're only cheating yourself out of more knowledge and the learning experience.

As I just posted to kcnorwood Gentoo, I am not trying to convince you of anything, in this matter, read the above post for kcnorwood, it in part applies to you as well.

Anecdotal evidence may be insufficent for your requirements, but again, I really don't care what you think in this instance, no offence intended.
I have met a real witch at least once, end of story.

I have the utmost respect for real witches and druids, if they still exist, which I seriously doubt, in the west anyway.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Men can be witches. I was one. The coven I belonged to believed it took a witch to make a witch. Gardner tried to start this Wiccan thing, and no offense to Wiccans, but I believe any witch worth their salt that can heal must also have the power to hex.

I progressed to Ceremonial Magick and studied with the Golden Dawn. The commonality between the two was the understanding of balance between good and bad, white and black, thus grey magick. Protection and being able to store and control energy is fascinating.

Tantric experiences where the very best memories I have. :D

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Magick can be a mischievous power. Giving you exactly what you asked for, but not what you really wanted. The old saying, be careful what you wish for was never more true.

The difference between Witchcraft and Ceremonial magick for me was one you asked or invoked spells where the other you demanded or evoked control over spirits to do your bidding. The first being something that could be compared to a prayer, while the other more like being a lion tamer.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
I have met a real witch at least once, end of story.

I have been in a coven. Men can be witches too. End of story.

I have met Nascar drivers. I would not compare my knowledge and experience to that of someone who actually raced in the Nascar series.

Tau

Why do you doubt they exist? Why not in the west, if anywhere?

The west has been become urbanised and materialistic, it has lost it's contact with the land, land is now a commodity to be bought and sold, the time of witches I fear is over here, they were all about the land and the community, harmonius to it, Christianity deleted many witches, but consumerism will finish the job, pity.

In less developed places like in africa and south america, there are still witches and shamans, the people more rural and less corrupted by avarice and greed, more dependant on sage council and spiritual assistance.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
No that was men pretending to be witches...hehe

Like I said earlier, you can think you were/are a witch if you want, but i would never accept you as one.

Sorry.

Who do you think you are? You don't get to decide who is and who is not something.

Your opinion is like a belly button. Everyone has one.

You met a witch one time. Big deal! That make you an athority on the subject now?

A witch could care less if YOU except them.

Pretending to be witches? I wish you would have walked up and said that to our coven. We would have turned you into a toad. :yes:

Tau

Just had a thought, I consider a transexual woman to be a 'valid' woman and thus could technically be a witch, so in a way it is possible for a man to be a witch in my universe...hooray!

There we go I have made a concession, new position adopted.

Tau

Pretending to be witches? I wish you would have walked up and said that to our coven. We would have turned you into a toad. :yes:

Wouldn't work my friend.

Magick spells are nonsense...they only work if the victim thinks they work.

Tau

Who do you think you are? You don't get to decide who is and who is not something.

Yes I do.

If you ever meet me, then it would matter, possibly, although I doubt it coz after a few jagermeisters and some strong beers I would have to have a go on your broomstick myself...

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
Wouldn't work my friend.

Magick spells are nonsense...they only work if the victim thinks they work.

What makes you an authority on this subject? Never mind answering this post because your ignorance of this subject has left me no other choice but to ignore you from now on. In my opinion you are nothing but a troll and have not contributed one thing to this thread but a display of ignorance.

Tau

What makes you an authority on this subject? Never mind answering this post because your ignorance of this subject has left me no other choice but to ignore you from now on. In my opinion you are nothing but a troll and have not contributed one thing to this thread but a display of ignorance.

Easy tiger...

I could troll if I wanted to, but berating people and calling them this and that is not in my bag baby.

Magick me away then hehehe

Sorry..cheap shot...hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.