• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How do you know how to live?

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Would you think it’s odd if I suggested to seek wisdom and direction from God? I believe God knows us better than we know ourselves and has a better plan for our lives than we can figure out on our own.
This is one of the things that I do. Listen to the Wind, consult with the Moon, take in the radiance of the Sun. Sometimes, something more formal like practicing divination. Divination done right isn't so much about fortune telling as it is about introspection. Whether or not one believes divination is communing with the gods or not, it's an effective tool to get you thinking critically and reflecting.

Sometimes I even introduce a basic divination technique to students who meet with me. They maybe think it is a little silly, but it's a good quick self-check.

Get yourself some dice or a coin. Ask a basic yes or no question then assign which faces of the dice or which side of the coin is a yes or a no. Roll the dice or flip the coin. Next, pay attention to how you feel about the result. It is not actually the result itself that is telling you what you should do (usually). It is how you feel about how that coin landed or how those dice rolled. It helps you get in touch with yourself. If you really wanted to see a "no" to that coin flip and got a "yes" you'll experience upsetness and maybe even anger. That tells you what you should do. Sometimes you'll even feel the answer in your gut before you flip the coin at all... and you know what you should do without needing to do the toss. Personally, I only use this method of divination for more facetious things like "I'm not sure I really feel like going out to eat today, but what do you think?" type of questions... haha.

InChrist

Free4ever
You learn as you go. But what do I know? I'm an inept piece of **** who can't do anything right according to my caseworker who threw me away like a sack of garbage. So maybe don't listen to me. No one should listen to me. They rarely do, anyway.
No one is garbage, in my perspective. I’d say your caseworker is a liar, though, to insinuate that about you or anyone.
I just met and heard a man speaking about his experience of growing up in one foster home after another. Finally, when he got too old he was basically thrown out on the streets where he lived the next several years doing drugs and fighting to survive. He said he thought of himself as garbage because that is all he was ever told.
Then he entered a facility run by Christians with a life recovery program to support and help the homeless. He said he felt valued, supported and loved from the moment he arrived… yet, it took time for him to trust people and then Jesus.
That was years ago. Now he’s working, productive, drug free, married with a child, and knows he is NOT garbage, rather dearly loved by God and others.

InChrist

Free4ever
This is one of the things that I do. Listen to the Wind, consult with the Moon, take in the radiance of the Sun. Sometimes, something more formal like practicing divination. Divination done right isn't so much about fortune telling as it is about introspection. Whether or not one believes divination is communing with the gods or not, it's an effective tool to get you thinking critically and reflecting.

Sometimes I even introduce a basic divination technique to students who meet with me. They maybe think it is a little silly, but it's a good quick self-check.

Get yourself some dice or a coin. Ask a basic yes or no question then assign which faces of the dice or which side of the coin is a yes or a no. Roll the dice or flip the coin. Next, pay attention to how you feel about the result. It is not actually the result itself that is telling you what you should do (usually). It is how you feel about how that coin landed or how those dice rolled. It helps you get in touch with yourself. If you really wanted to see a "no" to that coin flip and got a "yes" you'll experience upsetness and maybe even anger. That tells you what you should do. Sometimes you'll even feel the answer in your gut before you flip the coin at all... and you know what you should do without needing to do the toss. Personally, I only use this method of divination for more facetious things like "I'm not sure I really feel like going out to eat today, but what do you think?" type of questions... haha.
I appreciate you sharing your thoughts and experience. I personally don’t think divination is the wisest avenue, but I’m not here to tell you what to do or think.