• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Do You Know That All Of Existence Won’t End The Day You Die?

Kfox

…and begin again with your reappearance on earth? I’m not talking about your personal existence. I’m talking about all of existence. The universe and everything in it.
So how do you know you’re not that person?
Though I have no empirical evidence that is not the case, I see no reason to assume it is. If it is the case, it wouldn't matter to me because I'd be dead

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
No one is the universe, not even me
But we are made of the Universe. When we look up and behold the Cosmos we are seeing the stuff we are made of, gazing upon the stars that birthed solar systems just as our own solar system birthed us. And from that stuff we came, Living Beings of the Cosmos experiencing our inanimate Creatore who otherwise has only the Laws of Science and perpetual Darkness. We add light, color, music and wonder and emotion to a cold existence.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
A lot of unsure people here
As to what - that people have many sorts of delusional beliefs? Until disabused of such, I tend to go with the simplest explanations, and what we might think and/or believe is way down the list as to usually being realistic in the way of explaining life, existence, and all the rest. But we have progressed from long ago when anything might have been believed.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
…and begin again with your reappearance on earth? I’m not talking about your personal existence. I’m talking about all of existence. The universe and everything in it.
That's pretty much true for everything, existence is based on experience and everything's experience is different. You can think of it as multidimensions of experiences. When something that adds to or experiences said dimension is no longer there, then that dimension ends completely of course others still go on and new ones keep appearing.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
There is no such person.
The existence of this world is independent of humans. All evidence shows that this world existed long long before humans and its laws of physics shows it will exist long long after every last human is dead.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
There is no such person.
The existence of this world is independent of humans. All evidence shows that this world existed long long before humans and its laws of physics shows it will exist long long after every last human is dead.
There is one.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
This is the part where you provide evidence to support your claim. Otherwise, the OP appears to others as a setup, and your retort amounts to nothing short of preaching.
No evidence in the traditional sense.

I know I’m the one in a way that other men know that they’re not. Do you think God would make somebody like me and not give me the knowledge to know who I was? If I were a regular man, that’s what I would be. I’m not the type to lie to myself.

Preaching? No. Only telling the truth.