• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Do You Observe Holy Sabbath Day?

Ebionite

Your knowledge is Empty Unbelieving Rational Head Knowledge.
No, it's the knowledge that justifies.

He shall see of the travail of his soul, [and] shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.
Isaiah 53:11

exchemist

Veteran Member
2 Timothy 3:16

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

1) It appears you, @exchemist, are trying to deceive the readers. You said in post #2 that whether something is Biblical is not very relevant: How Do You Observe Holy Sabbath Day?
Now you are saying that the teachings of Messiah/Christ in the New Testament has Primacy. Readers can see that you are either Dumb or a Deceiver.

2) Everything in the Holy Scriptures/Bible from Genesis to Revelation is Absolute Truth Being a Unified Whole. I Am in Total Agreement with Everything in the Holy Scriptures/Bible from Genesis to Revelation. All Scripture in given by the Inspiration of Elohim/God. The Hebrew Scriptures/Old Testament and Greek Scriptures/New Testament are the Inspired Word of Elohim/God. Does this make me Dumb from your perspective?
OK, you are that dumb, apparently. In which case there is little no point in attempting to have a discussion. I'll put you on Ignore so I don't forget;).

....[click].........

Elihoenai

Where did you get that from?
You should read the content in this thread to find out why this question was asked: Does the Roman Catholic Church teach that the Bible is irrelevant?

The Roman Catholic @exchemist believes that the Bible is not very relevant stating this in post #2::

"Like many Christians, I go to mass.

But I do not do so because of anything in the Old Testament, nor do I think asking whether something is “biblical” or not is a very relevant criterion."

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
You should read the content in this thread to find out why this question was asked: Does the Roman Catholic Church teach that the Bible is irrelevant?

The Roman Catholic @exchemist believes that the Bible is not very relevant stating this in post #2::

"Like many Christians, I go to mass.

But I do not do so because of anything in the Old Testament, nor do I think asking whether something is “biblical” or not is a very relevant criterion."

Thanks for the clarification, and I agree with you.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Keeping the Shabbat is very important to me. Before I became disabled, it was a big huge deal in my home. I usually began preparing on Thursday, doing all the shopping, and getting the house clean. I would prepare a huge Shabbat Table for my guests on Friday night, and we would eat and talk late into the night. Most of Saturday was spent in synagogue, for prayers and classes. Oh, and let's not forget the lovely Shabbat nap. :) I think I could write an entire long essay on how I have kept the Shabbat.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Keeping the Shabbat is very important to me. Before I became disabled, it was a big huge deal in my home. I usually began preparing on Thursday, doing all the shopping, and getting the house clean. I would prepare a huge Shabbat Table for my guests on Friday night, and we would eat and talk late into the night. Most of Saturday was spent in synagogue, for prayers and classes. Oh, and let's not forget the lovely Shabbat nap. :) I think I could write an entire long essay on how I have kept the Shabbat.
Yes, and I do miss it as well but now do some of the same for Sunday. I especially miss observing Shabbos in Israel.

Elihoenai

Do you believe the Way you Observe the Shabbat is pleasing to Elohim/God? Is the Way you Observe Shabbat Strictly based on the Torah or is there some Jewish Traditions included that is not in the Torah? I mean did you find it difficult to Establish Isaiah 58:13-14? In Christianity there are many Traditions added by Men that is not in the Holy Scriptures/Bible.

Last edited:

Elihoenai

Psalm 92:1

92 It is a good thing to give thanks unto the Lord, and to sing praises unto thy name, O Most High:

Psalm 92 is a Song for the Sabbath Day. This Psalm Desires that Yahweh's/Jehovah's Enemies Perish and the Eternal Destruction of the Wicked. Are any members on these forums Singing this Song on the Sabbath Day or Similar Songs like it? Elohim/God reminds in this Psalm that there is a War between the Righteous and the Wicked. The Wicked is Within and Without.

IndigoChild5559

Do you believe the Way you Observe the Shabbat is pleasing to Elohim/God? Is the Way you Observe Shabbat Strictly based on the Torah or is there some Jewish Traditions included that is not in the Torah? I mean did you find it difficult to Establish Isaiah 58:13-14? In Christianity there are many Traditions added by Men that is not in the Holy Scriptures/Bible.
Yes I think the way I observe the Shabbat is very pleasing to God. The Shabbat is to be a joy, and indeed it is.

Of COURSE many of my observances are not in the written Torah. Only Protestants are sola scriptura. Judaism incorporates tradition -- the rulings of the judges/rabbis in order to keep the written law.

You bring up Isaiah 58:13-14, but I'm not sure why? What is your point?

Elihoenai

Yes I think the way I observe the Shabbat is very pleasing to God. The Shabbat is to be a joy, and indeed it is.

Of COURSE many of my observances are not in the written Torah. Only Protestants are sola scriptura. Judaism incorporates tradition -- the rulings of the judges/rabbis in order to keep the written law.

You bring up Isaiah 58:13-14, but I'm not sure why? What is your point?
1) Shabbat/Sabbath is a Terrible Burden before it becomes a Joy. From an Ethnic Jewish perspective this might not be so because of being born into the Tradition of keeping Shabbat/Sabbath.

2) No, it's Not Only Protestants that are Sola Scriptura. I Am Sola Scriptura Christian Gnostic.

3) Given that a person is not following Shabbat/Sabbath the Way Elohim/God Wants this means that the Person is doing their own ways and finding their own pleasure. What does it mean to you, when Elohim/God instructs Not to Speak your own words on the Shabbat/Sabbath? Have you ever Esabalished Not Speaking Your Own Words on the Shabbat/Sabbath?

Elihoenai

Yes, and I do miss it as well but now do some of the same for Sunday. I especially miss observing Shabbos in Israel.
If you wanted to you still can attend Church on the Saturday Sabbath while keeping the Sunday Sabbath. I used to Observe the Saturday Sabbath and also attend Church on Sunday.

IndigoChild5559

2) No, it's Not Only Protestants that are Sola Scriptura. I Am Sola Scriptura Christian Gnostic.
Yes, your inclusion of the Protestant Sola Scriptura into your syncretistic religion is very unusual. If you go back to the first centuries when Gnosticism was having its hey day, the Gnostics then were certainly not Sola Scriptura. But you have designed for yourself a custom religion, so it is not surprising that you have borrowed ideas from other religions.
3) Given that a person is not following Shabbat/Sabbath the Way Elohim/God Wants this means that the Person is doing their own ways and finding their own pleasure. What does it mean to you, when Elohim/God instructs Not to Speak your own words on the Shabbat/Sabbath? Have you ever Esabalished Not Speaking Your Own Words on the Shabbat/Sabbath?
I think it means that I as an individual cannot pronounce how to keep the Sabbath. I am to follow what is in the written Torah and what has been passed down in the oral Torah via the authoritative rulings of the Judges/Rabbis (Deut 17:8-13)

Elihoenai

Yes, your inclusion of the Protestant Sola Scriptura into your syncretistic religion is very unusual. If you go back to the first centuries when Gnosticism was having its hey day, the Gnostics then were certainly not Sola Scriptura. But you have designed for yourself a custom religion, so it is not surprising that you have borrowed ideas from other religions.
Matthew 1:21

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Well spotted. Yes, my Christian Gnosticism has differences from Traditional Christian Gnosticism with some of those differences being Fundamental.

My Christian Gnosticism Affirms:

1) Elohim/God is Omni Being Good and Evil.
2) The Lesser Divinity is Elohim/God Flesh. Satan/Devil is Elohim/God Flesh.
3) Elohim/God is Flesh, Soul and Spirit.
4) Elohim/God Wants his Creation to Transcend the Evil Flesh Ascending to Good Spirit.
5) Salvation is Deliverance From Sin. Being Delivered From Sin You Attain Elohim's/God's Enlightenment.

Gnosticism

Gnosticism (from Ancient Greek: γνωστικός, romanized: gnōstikós, Koine Greek: [ɣnostiˈkos], 'having knowledge') is a collection of religious ideas and systems that coalesced in the late 1st century AD among Jewish and early Christian sects. These various groups emphasized personal spiritual knowledge (gnosis) above the proto-orthodox teachings, traditions, and authority of religious institutions. Gnostic cosmogony generally presents a distinction between a supreme, hidden God and a malevolent lesser divinity (sometimes associated with the God of the Hebrew Bible)[1] who is responsible for creating the material universe. Consequently, Gnostics considered material existence flawed or evil, and held the principal element of salvation to be direct knowledge of the hidden divinity, attained via mystical or esoteric insight. Many Gnostic texts deal not in concepts of sin and repentance, but with illusion and enlightenment.

I think it means that I as an individual cannot pronounce how to keep the Sabbath. I am to follow what is in the written Torah and what has been passed down in the oral Torah via the authoritative rulings of the Judges/Rabbis (Deut 17:8-13)
When guests gather together at home on Friday nights or while in the Synagogue are you allowed to talk about other matters such as Work and your Careers?

Yes, I know you are required to follow the Authoritative Rulings of the Sanhedrin on the Shabbat/Sabbath.

Last edited: