• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Do You Observe Holy Sabbath Day?

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Matthew 1:21

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Well spotted. Yes, my Christian Gnosticism has differences from Traditional Christian Gnosticism with some of those differences being Fundamental.

My Christian Gnosticism Affirms:

1) Elohim/God is Omni Being Good and Evil.
2) The Lesser Divinity is Elohim/God Flesh. Satan/Devil is Elohim/God Flesh.
3) Elohim/God is Flesh, Soul and Spirit.
4) Elohim/God Wants his Creation to Transcend the Evil Flesh Ascending to Good Spirit.
5) Salvation is Deliverance From Sin. Being Delivered From Sin You Attain Elohim's/God's Enlightenment.

Gnosticism

Gnosticism (from Ancient Greek: γνωστικός, romanized: gnōstikós, Koine Greek: [ɣnostiˈkos], 'having knowledge') is a collection of religious ideas and systems that coalesced in the late 1st century AD among Jewish and early Christian sects. These various groups emphasized personal spiritual knowledge (gnosis) above the proto-orthodox teachings, traditions, and authority of religious institutions. Gnostic cosmogony generally presents a distinction between a supreme, hidden God and a malevolent lesser divinity (sometimes associated with the God of the Hebrew Bible)[1] who is responsible for creating the material universe. Consequently, Gnostics considered material existence flawed or evil, and held the principal element of salvation to be direct knowledge of the hidden divinity, attained via mystical or esoteric insight. Many Gnostic texts deal not in concepts of sin and repentance, but with illusion and enlightenment.

What does any of this have to do with sola scriptura?
When guests gather together at home on Friday nights or while in the Synagogue are you allowed to talk about other matters such as Work and your Careers?

Yes, I know you are required to follow the Authoritative Rulings of the Sanhedrin on the Shabbat/Sabbath.
I just answered this. Please scroll back and read my remarks again.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Like many Christians, I go to mass.

But I do not do so because of anything in the Old Testament, nor do I think asking whether something is “biblical” or not is a very relevant criterion.
I believe in some churches you could do that any day of the week.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I don’t keep the Sabbath since I’m not Jewish or a child of Israel. God gave the children of Israel the Sabbath as a special, identifying sign between them and Himself to be kept throughout their generations. So it has been, wherever the Jewish people have gone in the world throughout history, they have kept the Sabbath.

Speak also to the children of Israel, saying: ‘Surely My Sabbaths you shall keep, for it is a sign between Me and you throughout your generations, that you may know that I am the Lord who sanctifies you.
Exodus 31:13

As a Christian, I have rest in the finished work of Jesus Christ for my salvation every day and I gather with others who have new life in Christ on the first day of the week remembering His resurrection and victory over sin and death.
I believe in keeping the spirit of the law. I sometimes give other things besides work a rest. I believe what Jesus said. The Sabbath was made for man not man for the Sabbath

Elihoenai

What does any of this have to do with ?
Christian Gnosticism is Sola Scriptura From Genesis to Revelation Only.

I just answered this. Please scroll back and read my remarks again.
Exodus 35:3

3 Ye shall kindle no fire throughout your habitations upon the sabbath day.

Therefore, you are confirming that you are allowed by the Ruling of the Sanhedrin to speak about Work and Careers on the Shabbat/Sabbath. Your Leaders have also ruled that Sex on Shabbat/Sabbath is Mitzvah. To a Christian Gnostic Having Sex and Speaking about Work and Careers on the Shabbat/Sabbath is Total Corruption of the Sabbath/Shabbat Day. On the other hand, I do use the Microwave on the Sabbath while I understand that Orthodox Jews are not allowed to do this. Is using the Microwave Kindling Fire?

Last edited:

Elihoenai

I go to church on Sunday and avoid heavy labor that day.
Yes, Generally Sunday is the Christians Day of Rest. Sabbath means Rest. There are some Christians in Seventh-day Churches that keep the Sabbath from Friday Sunset to Saturday Sunset. I attend the local Seventh-Day Adventist Church, although I'm not and have never been a member of this Denomination.

Sabbath in seventh-day churches

The seventh-day Sabbath, observed from Friday evening to Saturday evening, is an important part of the beliefs and practices of seventh-day churches. These churches emphasize biblical references such as the ancient Hebrew practice of beginning a day at sundown, and the Genesis creation narrative wherein an "evening and morning" established a day, predating the giving of the Ten Commandments (thus the command to "remember" the sabbath). They hold that the Old and New Testament show no variation in the doctrine of the Sabbath on the seventh day. Saturday, or the seventh day in the weekly cycle, is the only day in all of scripture designated using the term Sabbath. The seventh day of the week is recognized as Sabbath in many languages, calendars, and doctrines, including those of Catholic,[1] Lutheran,[2] and Orthodox churches.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
If you wanted to you still can attend Church on the Saturday Sabbath while keeping the Sunday Sabbath. I used to Observe the Saturday Sabbath and also attend Church on Sunday.
Yes, I could but feel it's not necessary. I could even just attend Saturday afternoon mass, but I very rarely do as we go late-morning Sundays.

Elihoenai

Yes, I could but feel it's not necessary. I could even just attend Saturday afternoon mass, but I very rarely do as we go late-morning Sundays.
You are doing what Elohim/God has given you the appetite to practice.

Last edited:

Elihoenai

Please provide me with a good historical site that documents your claim. I will need the specific quote, plus the URL. Thanks.
There is no Historical Precedence that Christian Gnosticism is Sola Scriptura. The Truth that Christian Gnosticism is Sola Scriptura From Genesis to Revelation Only is one of the Differences from Traditional Christian Gnosticism that Elohim/God has Revealed to me.

Gnosticism, the Enduring Heresy

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
There is no Historical Precedence that Christian Gnosticism is Sola Scriptura.
Well then why did you say it was?

BTW, I asked for a quality historical site, and you gave me a YouTube link. I'm sure you realize that YouTube is not a historical site. if you change your mind, and decide to offer a quality historical site, be sure to both quote the sentence(s) that back you up and also provide the URL

Elihoenai

Well then why did you say it was?

BTW, I asked for a quality historical site, and you gave me a YouTube link. I'm sure you realize that YouTube is not a historical site. if you change your mind, and decide to offer a quality historical site, be sure to both quote the sentence(s) that back you up and also provide the URL
Revelation 21:5

5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

You obviously are listening properly. I have Affirmed that my Christian Gnosticism has Differences from Traditional Gnosticism: How Do You Observe Holy Sabbath Day?

One of those Differences is that the Christian Gnosticism that Elohim/God has revealed to me is Sola Scriptura. Traditional Christian Gnosticism is Not Sola Scriptura, therefore, there is No Historical Reference. Is that clear enough for you to Understand? My Elohim/God Brand of Christian Gnosticism is New.

Elihoenai

Matthew 12:5

5 Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless?

Is Yeshua/Jesus teaching that his Disciples Must Profane/Pollute/Violate the Sabbath Day to Observe Holy Sabbath Day? How do you Interpret Yeshua's/Jesus's teaching in Matthew 12:5?

Muffled

Jesus in me
Yes, Generally Sunday is the Christians Day of Rest. Sabbath means Rest. There are some Christians in Seventh-day Churches that keep the Sabbath from Friday Sunset to Saturday Sunset. I attend the local Seventh-Day Adventist Church, although I'm not and have never been a member of this Denomination.

Sabbath in seventh-day churches

The seventh-day Sabbath, observed from Friday evening to Saturday evening, is an important part of the beliefs and practices of seventh-day churches. These churches emphasize biblical references such as the ancient Hebrew practice of beginning a day at sundown, and the Genesis creation narrative wherein an "evening and morning" established a day, predating the giving of the Ten Commandments (thus the command to "remember" the sabbath). They hold that the Old and New Testament show no variation in the doctrine of the Sabbath on the seventh day. Saturday, or the seventh day in the weekly cycle, is the only day in all of scripture designated using the term Sabbath. The seventh day of the week is recognized as Sabbath in many languages, calendars, and doctrines, including those of Catholic,[1] Lutheran,[2] and Orthodox churches.

I was helped out by a seventh day Adventist once but The pastor caught me talking to one of his members about charisma and ended the relationship. Some pastors get very protective if they think a member will stray from the orthodox doctrine.

metis

Matthew 12:5

5 Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless?

Is Yeshua/Jesus teaching that his Disciples Must Profane/Pollute/Violate the Sabbath Day to Observe Holy Sabbath Day? How do you Interpret Yeshua's/Jesus's teaching in Matthew 12:5?
The rules for the priesthood are not exactly the same as for the lay in some areas. This was the reason why they were distinguished in Torah using different labels.

Elihoenai

I was helped out by a seventh day Adventist once but The pastor caught me talking to one of his members about charisma and ended the relationship. Some pastors get very protective if they think a member will stray from the orthodox doctrine.
Matthew 28:18

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

I Attend the local Seventh-Day Adventist Church as part of Sabbath Day Observance as Yeshua's/Jesus's Custom is to Attend the Synagogue/Church on Sabbath Day. I attended this Church for years before and stopped for a while and started again a few weeks ago. They know I'm Not SDA and have told them I Am Christian Gnostic. I don't have any relationships with Pastors in the Churches and, yes it appears they are Weary of me.

Remember also that this Christian Gnosticism gives All Power to Yeshua/Jesus in Heaven and in Earth. That means while in the SDA Church I speak on Temporal matters for Elohim's/Gods Earthly Church.

Last edited:

Elihoenai

The rules for the priesthood are not exactly the same as for the lay in some areas. This was the reason why they were distinguished in Torah using different labels.
Revelation 5:9-10

9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

Yet, you have not answered the Critical question. Since you are distinguishing between the Priesthood and Laity, are you saying that the Priesthood are required to have Higher Standards concerning Sabbath Day Observance than the Laity?

In Christian Gnosticism the Laity Must Become Priests through Total Obedience to Elohim/God. In Temporal Church the Laity are Maintained under the Control of the Priesthood because the Nature of Elohim's/God's Temporal Church is Hierarchical.

metis

Revelation 5:9-10

9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

Yet, you have not answered the Critical question. Since you are distinguishing between the Priesthood and Laity, are you saying that the Priesthood are required to have Higher Standards concerning Sabbath Day Observance than the Laity?

In Christian Gnosticism the Laity Must Become Priests through Total Obedience to Elohim/God. In Temporal Church the Laity are Maintained under the Control of the Priesthood because the Nature of Elohim's/God's Temporal Church is Hierarchical.
Somehow you managed to miss the point that there are some different rules for the priesthood that are covered in Torah. Thus, it's not a matter of the priesthood being disobedient when following those Torah mandates.

Elihoenai

Somehow you managed to miss the point that there are some different rules for the priesthood that are covered in Torah. Thus, it's not a matter of the priesthood being disobedient when following those Torah mandates.
2 Timothy 3:16-17

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

It appears to you that I'm missing the point. Christian Gnosticism Transcends the Old Testament/Hebrew Scriptures and New Testament/Greek Scriptures Dichotomy. In Christian Gnosticism the Holy Scriptures/Bible from Genesis to Revelation is a Unified Whole. I Am In Total Agreement With Everything in the Holy Scriptures/Bible from Genesis to Revelation.

metis

2 Timothy 3:16-17

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

It appears to you that I'm missing the point. Christian Gnosticism Transcends the Old Testament/Hebrew Scriptures and New Testament/Greek Scriptures Dichotomy. In Christian Gnosticism the Holy Scriptures/Bible from Genesis to Revelation is a Unified Whole. I Am In Total Agreement With Everything in the Holy Scriptures/Bible from Genesis to Revelation.
The above has literally nothing to do with what I posted.