• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Do You Observe Holy Sabbath Day?

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
2 Timothy 3:16-17

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

It appears to you that I'm missing the point. Christian Gnosticism Transcends the Old Testament/Hebrew Scriptures and New Testament/Greek Scriptures Dichotomy. In Christian Gnosticism the Holy Scriptures/Bible from Genesis to Revelation is a Unified Whole. I Am In Total Agreement With Everything in the Holy Scriptures/Bible from Genesis to Revelation.
Why didn't you reply to what Metis said?

Elihoenai

Why didn't you reply to what Metis said?
Matthew 12:5

5 Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless?

You Practitioners of Judaism and Roman Catholicism have joined forces Against Christian Gnostics. @metis didn't answer the Critical Question posed in post #55: How Do You Observe Holy Sabbath Day?

This is the the question:
Is Yeshua/Jesus teaching that his Disciples Must Profane/Pollute/Violate the Sabbath Day to Observe Holy Sabbath Day? How do you Interpret Yeshua's/Jesus's teaching in Matthew 12:5?

A question to you:
In Judaism do Priests Profane/Pollute/Violate the Sabbath Day?

Where are the Totally Devoted Sabbath Day Keepers on these Forums? This Is Not A Game. Billions of Souls are at Stake.

Last edited:

IndigoChild5559

5 Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless?

You Practitioners of Judaism and Roman Catholicism have joined forces Against Christian Gnostics. @metis didn't answer the Critical Question posed in post #55: How Do You Observe Holy Sabbath Day?

This is the the question:
Is Yeshua/Jesus teaching that his Disciples Must Profane/Pollute/Violate the Sabbath Day to Observe Holy Sabbath Day? How do you Interpret Yeshua's/Jesus's teaching in Matthew 12:5?

A question to you:

Where are the Totally Devoted Sabbath Day Keepers on these Forums? This Is Not A Game. Billions of Souls are at Stake.
Why didn't you reply to my question? You are starting to form a habit in here of quoting people, but not addressing their question or remark in your reply. It makes it impossible to have a conversation with you.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist

Elihoenai

Why didn't you reply to my question? You are starting to form a habit in here of quoting people, but not addressing their question or remark in your reply. It makes it impossible to have a conversation with you.
Readers, including @metis, can see I replied to your question and also that you have not answered my question directed to you.

Elihoenai

I did answer it, so why are you saying I didn't?

As I already mentioned, the rules for them on Shabbat are somewhat different. Here: A List of the 613 Mitzvot (Commandments) - Judaism 101 (JewFAQ)

Scroll down to #372-401.
I read those list of Rules for the Priests and the Torah references to those rules.

In Matthew 12:5 Yeshua/Jesus is teaching that the Priest Work on the Sabbath Day Profanes/Pollutes/Violates it and they are Blameless because it's Work For Elohim/God. Do you agree with this?

Matthew 12:5 is the fifth verse in the twelfth chapter of the Gospel of Matthew in the New Testament.

IndigoChild5559

Readers, including @metis, can see I replied to your question and also that you have not answered my question directed to you.
You routinely refuse to answer questions. Your replies show no relationship to the posts that you quote. It makes my forehead furrow with confusion. You are basically not offering coherent conversation.

I think by now I've made my point to anyone reading who can think rationally. You are free to protest further if you wish, but I'm going to move on now.

IndigoChild5559

Some Kohanim are religious Jews and keep the shabbat according to the halakhah of whatever movement in Judaism they belong to.

Other Kohanim are not religious, and do not keep the shabbat at all.

Elihoenai

You routinely refuse to answer questions. Your replies show no relationship to the posts that you quote. It makes my forehead furrow with confusion. You are basically not offering coherent conversation.

I think by now I've made my point to anyone reading who can think rationally. You are free to protest further if you wish, but I'm going to move on now.
I'm not making any protest. My posts appears to show no relationship and confusing to you. All my posts are related to what I quote. Christian Gnostics think differently from Christians, Religious Jews and Muslims. Maybe you should ask for explanations if you are really bothered.

Elihoenai

Some Kohanim are religious Jews and keep the shabbat according to the halakhah of whatever movement in Judaism they belong to.

Other Kohanim are not religious, and do not keep the shabbat at all.
This info is much appreciated.

Are you saying that a Kohanim/Priest can be Non-Religious? Is it Written in the Torah that a Kohanim can be a Kohanim Without The Religious Practices?

Last edited:

IndigoChild5559

This info is much appreciated.

Are you saying that a Kohanim/Priest can be Non-Religious? Is it Written in the Torah that a Kohanim can be a Kohanim Without The Religious Practices?
Being a Kohan is based 100% on being a descendant of Aaron through the male line. There are no other factors, such as being religious.

metis

I read those list of Rules for the Priests and the Torah references to those rules.

In Matthew 12:5 Yeshua/Jesus is teaching that the Priest Work on the Sabbath Day Profanes/Pollutes/Violates it and they are Blameless because it's Work For Elohim/God. Do you agree with this?

Matthew 12:5 is the fifth verse in the twelfth chapter of the Gospel of Matthew in the New Testament.

I'm dealing with found in Torah, not what's in the NT.

Elihoenai

Being a Kohan is based 100% on being a descendant of Aaron through the male line. There are no other factors, such as being religious.
Do you agree that a Non-Religious Jew is a Pagan? If yes, that means they are Ethnic Jewish Pagan Kohen. In short a Pagan Priest.

Kohen

Name

"..The noun kohen is used in the Bible to refer to priests, whether Jewish or pagan (such as the kohanim of Baal or Dagon),..."

Presumption of priestly descent

In Judaism, the presumption of priestly descent is the presumption that a Jewish man is a priest (kohen), based not on genealogical records of descent from Aaron or on Jewish court rulings, but rather by observation of his priestly behavior as recognized by his peers and community. Such an individual is called a kohen muhzak (presumed kohen or status-quo kohen; Hebrew: כהן מוחזק, from חזק).

Elihoenai

I'm dealing with found in Torah, not what's in the NT.
Yes, I have noticed that you don't want to talk about Yeshua/Jesus or New Testament Holy Scriptures. Do you believe in Yeshua/Jesus? Do you accept the teachings of the New Testament Holy Scriptures?

IndigoChild5559

Do you agree that a Non-Religious Jew is a Pagan?
No. To become a pagan, a Jew would have to convert to a pagan religion such as Hinduism. To be very honest with you, I have never heard of such a thing.

An atheist is not a pagan. There are plenty of atheist Jews.

metis

Do you believe in Yeshua/Jesus?
Yes.
Do you accept the teachings of the New Testament Holy Scriptures?
Basically yes, but I do not believe in scriptural inerrancy. Do you believe the OT should be removed from our Bible since you seem so willing to ignore its teachings?

Jesus taught the there's only Two Commandments that we must follow: love of God and love of our fellow humans. To me, that's pretty clear.

Bthoth

Do you think that Elohim/God is Pleased with your Worship on Sabbath Day?
I dont do worship,

How do you keep Sabbath Day Holy?

Is the Way you keep Sabbath Day Really Biblical?

What do you think the Holy Scriptures/Bible teaches about how we should Worship on Sabbath Day?

Does your Sabbath Day Observance Support Continued Spiritual Growth?
This time here is spiritual growth; Learning religious opinions.

I am constantly on that path

IndigoChild5559

Jesus taught the there's only Two Commandments that we must follow: love of God and love of our fellow humans. To me, that's pretty clear.
What he taught is that those were the two GREATEST commandments, not that they were the only ones. They are the foundation. Rabbis will teach you that all of the 613 commandments can be grouped under on or the other of those two laws. But certainly there are other commandments, and Jesus specifically said that not even a brush stroke would pass away from the Law until heaven and earth passed away.

metis

What he taught is that those were the two GREATEST commandments, not that they were the only ones. They are the foundation. Rabbis will teach you that all of the 613 commandments can be grouped under on or the other of those two laws. But certainly there are other commandments, and Jesus specifically said that not even a brush stroke would pass away from the Law until heaven and earth passed away.
The position is that all 613 Commandments emanate from the two, directly or indirectly. IOW, "What's the purpose of Torah to begin with?".

BTW, did I ever tell ya that I don't believe in scriptural inerrancy? ;)