• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Do You Worship Your God(s)

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Since I recently left Christianity, different types of worship are new to me, but I try to do a sun salutation in the morning, be joyful and love my fellow man, and go to my homemade altar and meditate for a few minutes. I go to church or temple on Sunday mornings as well. I am sure I will find more ways to worship in the future.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Interesting thread; glad someone brought it back. Since I no longer do deities, my "worship" is mostly offering recognition and thanks to the humans and other-than-human persons around me for their participation in life.

Sundance

pursuing the Divine Beloved
Premium Member
As a very heavy devotionalist, I adore praying, chanting, various forms and styles of meditation. I, especially, am into the Hare Krishna Mahamantra.

Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna
Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare.
Hare Rama, Hare Rama
Rama Rama, Hare Hare.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I am a holistic pagan

I revere nature by living with nature rather than bowing to nature. I do so by living literally in a holistic manner. I practice folk magic, or what others may consider as such, and that of my own expression. I meditate outside more often then in.

I am a pantheistic healer

I am learning different natural methods of healing myself. Im trying to find ways I can direct the same literal healing methods to others who are not physically present to help them.

I am a Bohisttava of the Earth.

I try the best I can to help others help themselves. My goal is to be a spiritual advisor. I am a teacher and I live with and help the elderly.

I am a Catholic in Christ

By taking the Church sacraments, I learn to change my life to live with the Divine (bapized), to let go of harbored feelings and passed karma to be back with the Divine (confession), to make my statement of how I want to devote my spiritual life (confirmation), and thus take part in a devotional community which I had hope have the same views (Eucharist/communion). These taught me that I need to die to myself so I learn how to sacrifice myself for others.

All of these I do by taking care of myself, mind, body, and soul holisticly. To find wisdom of life out of suffering by self realization and meditation. So that I am an offering to others in their faith and my own.

Last edited:

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
I am a pantheistic healer

I am learning different natural methods of healing myself. Im trying to find ways I can direct the same literal healing methods to others who are not physically present to help them.

Can you give some examples? Is using herbal remedies something you do?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Can you give some examples? Is using herbal remedies something you do?
Not for a living. I started with organic things and buying herbs. I have some books that have healing mixtures using kitchen ingredients salts vinegear, lemon. Then you have honey and basil (if you like), lemon, and hot water to help the stomach. Certain tea leaves have medicine properties.

If I own a home or can find a place with better sunlight, may learn to grow my own medicine, food, etc.

Somethings like:

Healthy gums:

Boiling water, peppermint, aniseed, myrrh tincture. (I didnt put how much because Im not a doctor or professional. If you look on amazon and put in "natural remedies" you can find things. Also, grocery stores and foreign stores, if in the US, has herbs, spices, vegies, etc. Farmers market has a lot too.)

Rosemary Gladstar's Herbal Recipes for Vibrant Health: 175 Teas, Tonics, Oils, Salves, Tinctures, and Other Natural Remedies for the Entire Family: Rosemary Gladstar: 9781603420785: Amazon.com: Books