• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Does One Find Their Spirit Guide?

Klaufi_Wodensson

Vinlandic Warrior
So, what other activities and accomplishments do you think demons are capable of?

Well, before Christianity, the word Daemon meant a helpful spirit. It was interchangeable with Demon. Well, now they both mean a malevolent spirit that just wants to ruin your life.

Orias

Left Hand Path
So, what other activities and accomplishments do you think demons are capable of?

Their presence holds more of a psychodramatic effect, which is commonly held in a negative view.

It takes an inherent understanding of Man's psyche to see the true demons.

Last edited:

Eagle

Y'shua follower
Well the spirits I believe in are nature based, and nature is certainly not malevolent. It just exists

Spirits can be nature based? How did you figure that out? How did they become nature based? Where do they come from? What happens when you die, you become a spirit that is nature based as well?

Why would spirits want to contact human beings at all?
Are you familiar with astral traveling?
If so, do you meet these spirits in the astral plane?
Have you ever tested them to see their true agenda or do you only accept they are always benevolent?
Are you afraid of them?
If they should turn on you, what is your recourse?
Do you see your spirit guides all the time, or only certain times when you invoke them for example?

Sorry for all the questions, but it is only a few that I would like to ask a person who are experienced in these type of activities.........I have not met anyone here that does it, only a hindu lady to told me that spirits attacked her family, strangled her cousin while lifting him up in the air, the walls of the house becoming red, etc. It does sound like stories, but she was very serious and said her mother was possesd by some spirit........to me it does seem dangerous to let these beings in your life, because they can take control over you and there is not much you can do about it.....

Thx...

Klaufi_Wodensson

Vinlandic Warrior
Spirits can be nature based? How did you figure that out? How did they become nature based? Where do they come from? What happens when you die, you become a spirit that is nature based as well?

Why would spirits want to contact human beings at all?
Are you familiar with astral traveling?
If so, do you meet these spirits in the astral plane?
Have you ever tested them to see their true agenda or do you only accept they are always benevolent?
Are you afraid of them?
If they should turn on you, what is your recourse?
Do you see your spirit guides all the time, or only certain times when you invoke them for example?

Sorry for all the questions, but it is only a few that I would like to ask a person who are experienced in these type of activities.........I have not met anyone here that does it, only a hindu lady to told me that spirits attacked her family, strangled her cousin while lifting him up in the air, the walls of the house becoming red, etc. It does sound like stories, but she was very serious and said her mother was possesd by some spirit........to me it does seem dangerous to let these beings in your life, because they can take control over you and there is not much you can do about it.....

Thx...

I am not experienced in contact spirits and such, and I don't really expect to be. Spirits of nature are exactly that, spirits of the wood, rivers, lakes, streams, winds, stones, etc. I don't know about the afterlife, or what will happen. I may become a nature spirit for some time and be reincarnated, or I may go to one of the Gods' Halls. You never know these things. As long as I live a good life, I am unafraid.

There is no reason to "test" a spirit. I simply make offerings of food and drink to them and ask for their watchfulness, advice, etc.

Astral travelling is something I know about, but have never done. I'm not really into the shamanic/magical side of my religion. It's interesting, but I've never really wanted to be involved in that aspect.

I am not afraid of any spirit.

If a spirit were to "turn" on me, then it is because I have offended it or the place in which it lives. I wouldn't seek retribution or anything because it was my fault for angering the spirit. I don't believe in malevolent spirits, just spirits that will react to disrespect.

I don't invoke spirits and I have never "seen" them. I have felt them accept my offering before, through a breeze that happened just after the offering and I could feel it all over my body. It was a sign to me. Like I said though, I'm not very experienced. If I have a spirit guide, then it has not revealed itself to me yet.

Again, I don't believe in malevolent spirits, so I have no problem letting a spirit into my life.

Sorry for answering your questions out of order.