• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Does One Go About This...

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
I like this idea. How does one go about writing a novel? I'm a decent world-builder, but I suck horribly at making characters and telling stories. I tried to start a novel a couple weeks or so ago, but I couldn't figure out how to give depth to the characters or put them in a realistic situation where they would interact with each other.

Learn what scene-sequel structure is.

Trey of Diamonds

I like this idea. How does one go about writing a novel? I'm a decent world-builder, but I suck horribly at making characters and telling stories. I tried to start a novel a couple weeks or so ago, but I couldn't figure out how to give depth to the characters or put them in a realistic situation where they would interact with each other.

Start with short stories and write what you know. It's an art form that takes much practice.

waitasec

Veteran Member
As if you don't know, I'll say it :p I LOVE philosophy. I want to be a philosopher of my personal philosophy which is somewhere between Nihilism and Existentialism.

Last night I had a thought though, why have a boring old philosopher where nobody would care about - I think people would be more interested in a 15 year old philosopher!

I think I pretty much got my thoughts down, I just need a way to get them all over the media.

How does one do this? I'm wasting time!

i admire your tenacity and your thought provoking questions

ahhh the young and the bold :)

i suggest starting a blog or challenge someone to a debate at your school...
one thing leads to the next, i find

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
Become a magician like David Blaine. Once you got their attention on the glitzy stuff, you can go for the 1-2 punch of nihilism and existentialism! Mwhahaha!

*cough*

But yes, seriously, there are some good suggestions in here regarding publishing, blogs, stories etc. But, a little fame wouldn't hurt too. How is your acting?

Me Myself

Back to my username
Greeings Sum,

Have you read "Siddhartha" by Hermann Hesse?

best,
swampy

If you are reading this you msut go and get that book NOW.

It´s not a question. It´s too awesome to let pass any other second... you read it yet? THEN STOP READING ME AND GO GET IT ALREADY! :eek:

DreadFish

Cosmic Vagabond
As if you don't know, I'll say it :p I LOVE philosophy. I want to be a philosopher of my personal philosophy which is somewhere between Nihilism and Existentialism.

Last night I had a thought though, why have a boring old philosopher where nobody would care about - I think people would be more interested in a 15 year old philosopher!

I think I pretty much got my thoughts down, I just need a way to get them all over the media.

How does one do this? I'm wasting time!

Avoid delusions of grandeur here, man. You're age doesnt set you apart from others, there are plenty of well read, well thought 15 year olds. You have to find something that makes your philosophy stand out, and it has to stand up against questions and criticism; Otherwise its just a young kid with his own ideas about the world. There are tons of those. You're not just going to get your name out there because you're a 15 year old philosopher, and in this day and age, education makes a difference in the philosophy field. A blog is a great idea. Find publications that would suit the topic, write essays about your ideas. It will take a lot of work. You will also need to be good at writing too, otherwise people wont take your stuff seriously.