• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Important is Atheism to You?

How Important is Atheism to Your Life?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 10 - It is more important than every other aspect of my life.

• Total voters

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
A revolting ode to the weight of atheism in my life

We heathens think gods are untrue.
Tis seldom I dwell on this view.
Its importance to me
lies in colloquy.
So that's why I gave it a two.

Last edited:

Kerr

I voted 1, because I use atheism as a descriptive term and not much more then that. Should maybe have voted 2 or possibly 3, because I do talk about it here and I do think about it sometimes, but I still voted 1 because, well, its not that important to me :shrug:.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
For myself, it probably vacillates between 1 and 3. It is merely a byproduct of much more important aspects of my personality and intellect, such as being a rationalist, a skeptic, and a humanist, but because of the importance god and religion have to many people, it sometimes deserves more attention than other logical conclusions. So, I averaged it at 2.

Splarnst

It's very, very important in the sense that it helped me escape years of absolute misery as a scrupulous Catholic. It's important to me like not having cancer is important to me. It's also important to my sense of identity coming from a fairly religious family living in a fairly religious area. It also gives me something to read and write about on the internet, and it gives me some good podcasts.

But it doesn't affect my social life much. I don't like hanging out with atheist groups because we have to turn to anti-theism to keep the conversation on atheism and without that we have nothing to bind us as a group. And I used to read a lot of atheist books, but eventually there's not much to say. The only time I think about it much is on the internet.

EDIT: Reading some other responses, I've lumped in the everything having to do with atheism, skepticism, freethinking, and naturalism for the purposes of answering the question. I'm not even sure how I could strain out atheism in my mind to evaluate its value.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
5. I don't think about it much but it has parallel borderlines drawn within one of my interests.