• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How is my math:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
A (!) Symbol means to do a factorial on the previous number in a math problem..

In the spoiler that I posted there is a link to what double factorial!! is. With regular factorial one goes down by one. With double factorial one goes down by two's. 7!! = 7*5*3 = 105.

Daemon Sophic

giphy.gif

@Daemon Sophic
giphy.gif

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
As I said earlier, my reaction was the same when I saw this, but I am so glad that I was a bit suspicious about the exclamation points.

I was trying to duplicate the learning experience that I went through. Now I doubt if anyone that went through this will ever forget what a double factorial is. There are limited mathematical uses for them. I know that I will never use them. But I know that they are out there.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Oh poop! It is gone. Luckily I am sneaky:
"
In the spoiler that I posted there is a link to what double factorial!! is. With regular factorial one goes down by one. With double factorial one goes down by two's. 7!! = 7*5*3 = 105.
Not according to my calculator. Which states 7!! As 4.529260E16473"

I will let the poster remain anonymous, but WoW!! That is some calculator. It must use a different algorithm than the ones I am used to where they would top out at around 70! And that was after it did each multiplication one after another.

I will link the article about double factorial without a spoiler so it is easier to find. Double factorial will be smaller or the same as single factorial. 2 is the last number where they are the same. After that double factorial will be smaller:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The biggest problem I see is that 7! = 5040
7!! = 5040!
That is a huge number, & far greater
than anything on the left side of that
equation.
No, that is an "iterated factorial"

"Because the double factorial only involves about half the factors of the ordinary factorial, its value is not substantially larger than the square root of the factorial n!, and it is much smaller than the iterated factorial (n!)!."