• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How many of you on here had an imaginary friend?When you were younger?

Frank Goad

How many of you on here had an imaginary friend?When you were younger?I did.I named him charlie.And imagined him looking like me.:)

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I had imaginary enemies as a kid, partly inspired by this scene.

HauntingSlowGrasshopper-max-1mb.gif

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
In high school ?
I didn't have an imaginary friend until middle school. And then, to make up for lost time, I overdid it.

I had an imaginary twin brother. He had an imaginary friend(I didn't want my brother to be lonely).

I would talk of him and his friend, go on and invent scenarios that had happened, feigned upset with one or both of them, made concerned calls to talk about them, had convincing conversations with them in the open.

I was a hell of an actress, and when I came clean in early adulthood, there were a couple friends(real friends) who didn't want to believe they weren't real, and suggested perhaps they were just ghosts I was talking to(instead of fooling them all).

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I've
actually been trying to cultivate a relationship with an imaginary friend.

Not kidding. I've found that it's easier for me to organize my thoughts if I say them out loud, and especially if I pretend that I'm saying them to someone.

Since I wear my ear protectors everywhere I go and they can easily pass for a phone headset, nobody thinks twice when I pass them on my bicycle talking to myself. :p

Haven't quite been able to get into the habit yet though.

Gargovic Malkav

I've
actually been trying to cultivate a relationship with an imaginary friend.

Not kidding. I've found that it's easier for me to organize my thoughts if I say them out loud, and especially if I pretend that I'm saying them to someone.

Since I wear my ear protectors everywhere I go and they can easily pass for a phone headset, nobody thinks twice when I pass them on my bicycle talking to myself. :p

Haven't quite been able to get into the habit yet though.

Talking to myself and having imaginary conversations... I do that a lot when (I think) I'm alone.
I can imagine when people catch me in the act, they might think I'm schizophrenic or something.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Talking to myself and having imaginary conversations... I do that a lot when (I think) I'm alone.
I can imagine when people catch me in the act, they might think I'm schizophrenic or something.
Maybe pick up a pair of ear protectors. Better yet get the kind with a microphone.

Nobody will ever know. :D

Gargovic Malkav

Maybe pick up a pair of ear protectors. Better yet get the kind with a microphone.

Nobody will ever know. :D

Nah, I'm fine with the way things are.
Also, I usually don't like dulling my senses, I prefer to be able to hear well what's going on around me.
I do have special ear plugs, though I rarely use them anymore.
But I'm glad I still have them when I have to throw glass away.
The noise it makes when I throw it into the garbage container hurts my ears.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
How many of you on here had an imaginary friend?When you were younger?I did.I named him charlie.And imagined him looking like me.:)

I still do it as a philosophical technique. They are not friends as such as they are debate positions, but I act as if they are real, when I do it. But that is just me.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Never had an imaginary friend. Nor did I know of any imaginary friends my friends had - until I realized that some really believed the stories the pastor told.