• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How many 'Sons' does God have?

arthra

Baha'i
There are a lot of theological doctrines that developed over time about the nature of Jesus ...such as that He is viewed as an incarnation of God or the part of the Holy Trinity and that He is Son of God and so on... these doctrines were fought over and argued in the rearly centuries of Christianity.

My view is that Jesus lived in a period where God was formalized and part of the the liturgy of the Temple in Jerusalem. There were many rules and ordiannces in the religion at the time for purification and approaching the Temple worship and various rites involved by priests and so on.

The Mission of Jesus was to restore the spiritual life of the people and one of the ways He did this was to refer to God as a Father..that His relationship to God was like that of a son to a father...so this was describing a spiritual relationship and station..not meant to be a biological or literal doctrine which was later developed in the churches in future centuries.

F0uad

The begotten son verse is removed from the bible so why are people still using it :-S its not in the Greek Bible it was a interpolation..

If God has a physical son then he had to have a animal act..

PSsshht.. The only verse that says begotten son is that of David(p).

Enki2

My question is two fold; God destroyed earth with a flood to kill off all life except Noah and family, So why does the KJV mention that the Nephlim (mixture of angels and humans) survived, David was supposed to have killed the last of them; and If Yeshua bar Yoseph ( Jesus) was the product of the overshadowing of the human Mary by Gabri-El (Holy Ghost) would not that make Jesus a Nephlim?
;; Question on Garden of E-den( means enclosed city) The serpent was supposed to have deceived Eve and Adam; Sumerian name for him was; ENKI the first son of Anu the supreme god. his emblem was Ousoburros, the snake that ate it's tail or the current medical symbol for doctors of all professions, which looks like our DNA chain also, in their language the serpent was considered one that brings knowledge or a teacher, SO why do we consider him evil?

Enki2

There is only one GOD and that is the Almighty Allah. He is the God for everyone. No one else is the God. He does no child nor he is the child of anyone. He exists everywhere. He is the one who is controlling this world. Everything happens to His wish. We are to obey his orders by doing as He wishes. Now thw Question is that what He says; for that, Read the Holy Quran, that is purely his word. Not even a single word of this Holy Book has been changed since its revelation on the Last and Final Prophet, Hazrat Muhammad(s.a.w).

The Holy Quran, Al-Baqara 2:4.
Two authoritative and authentic translations of this Ayah follow:
And who believe in the Revelation sent to thee, and sent before thy time, and (in their hearts) have the assurance of the Hereafter.
(Yusuf Ali Translation)

And who believe in that which is revealed unto thee (Muhammad) and that which was revealed before thee, and are certain of the Hereafter.
(Pickthal Translation)

The Holy Quran, Al-Imran 3:54-55.
Two authoritative and authentic translations of these ayat follow:
And (the unbelievers) plotted and planned, and Allah too planned, and the best of planners is Allah.
Behold! Allah said: "O Jesus! I will take thee and raise thee to Myself and clear thee (of the falsehoods) of those who blaspheme; I will make those who follow thee superior to those who reject faith, to the Day of Resurrection: Then shall ye all return unto me, and I will judge between you of the matters wherein ye dispute.
(Yusuf Ali Translation)

And they (the disbelievers) schemed, and Allah schemed (against them): and Allah is the best of schemers.
(And remember) when Allah said: O Jesus! Lo! I am gathering thee and causing thee to ascend unto Me, and am cleansing thee of those who disbelieve and am setting those who follow thee above those who disbelieve until the Day of Resurrection. Then unto Me ye will (all) return, and I shall judge between you as to that wherein ye used to differ.
(Pickthal Translation)

Enki2

Ancient books, Bibles, scrolls are interpreted by the winners of any conflict, religious or political so there for we have no real true book left in the world that is Gods word because of language drift, loss of knowledge of translators translating the lost language. Personal idiosyncrasies and beliefs that influence our writings or our desires to control and influence others for personal gain

Enki2

More than twenty claims of this kind -- claims of beings invested with divine honor (deified) -- have come forward and presented themselves at the bar of the world with their credentials, to contest the verdict of Christendom, in having proclaimed Jesus Christ, "the only son, and sent of God:" twenty Messiahs, Saviors, and Sons of God, according to history or tradition, have, in past times, descended from heaven, and taken upon themselves the form of men, clothing themselves with human flesh, and furnishing incontestable evidence of a divine origin, by various miracles, marvelous works, and superlative virtues; and finally these twenty Jesus Christs (accepting their character for the name) laid the foundation for the salvation of the world, and ascended back to heaven.

Chrishna of Hindostan.
Budha Sakia of India.
Salivahana of Bermuda.
Zulis, or Zhule, also Osiris and Orus, of Egypt.
Odin of the Scaudinavians.
Crite of Chaldea.
Zoroaster and Mithra of Persia.
Baal and Taut, "the only Begotten of God," of Phenicia.
Indra of Thibet.
Bali of Afghanistan.
Jao of Nepaul.
Wittoba of the Bilingonese.
Thammuz of Syria.
Atys of Phrygia.
Xaniolxis of Thrace.
Zoar of the Bonzes.
Adad of Assyria.
Deva Tat, and Sammonocadam of Siam.
Alcides of Thebes.
Mikado of the Sintoos.
Beddru of Japan.
Hesus or Eros, and Bremrillah, of the Druids.
Thor, son of Odin, of the Gauls.
Cadmus of Greece.
Hil and Feta of the Mandaites.
Gentaut and Quexalcote of Mexico.
Universal Monarch of the Sibyls.
Ischy of the Island of Formosa.
Divine Teacher of Plato.
Holy One of Xaca.
Fohi and Tien of China.
Adonis, son of the virgin Io of Greece.
IxiOn and Quirinus of Rome.
Prometheus of Caucasus.
Mohamud, or Mahomet, of Arabia.

These have all received divine honors, have nearly all been worshiped as Gods, or sons of God; were mostly incarnated as Christs, Saviors, Messiahs, or Mediators; not a few of them were reputedly born of virgins; some of them filling a character almost identical with that ascribed by the Christian's bible to Jesus Christ; many of them, like him, are reported to have been crucified; and all of them, taken together, furnish a prototype and parallel for nearly every important incident and wonder-inciting miracle, doctrine and precept recorded in the New Testament, of the Christian's Savior. Surely, with so many Saviors the world cannot, or should not, be lost.

Enki2

In the tunnels of the Vatican carved years ago is" He who will not eat of my body nor drink of my blood, so that he may be one with me and I with him, shall not be saved." Saying of Adonis and Mithra. a thousand years later attributed to Jesus

F0uad

The Holy Quran, Al-Baqara 2:4.
Two authoritative and authentic translations of this Ayah follow:
And who believe in the Revelation sent to thee, and sent before thy time, and (in their hearts) have the assurance of the Hereafter.
(Yusuf Ali Translation)

And who believe in that which is revealed unto thee (Muhammad) and that which was revealed before thee, and are certain of the Hereafter.
(Pickthal Translation)

The Holy Quran, Al-Imran 3:54-55.
Two authoritative and authentic translations of these ayat follow:
And (the unbelievers) plotted and planned, and Allah too planned, and the best of planners is Allah.
Behold! Allah said: "O Jesus! I will take thee and raise thee to Myself and clear thee (of the falsehoods) of those who blaspheme; I will make those who follow thee superior to those who reject faith, to the Day of Resurrection: Then shall ye all return unto me, and I will judge between you of the matters wherein ye dispute.
(Yusuf Ali Translation)

And they (the disbelievers) schemed, and Allah schemed (against them): and Allah is the best of schemers.
(And remember) when Allah said: O Jesus! Lo! I am gathering thee and causing thee to ascend unto Me, and am cleansing thee of those who disbelieve and am setting those who follow thee above those who disbelieve until the Day of Resurrection. Then unto Me ye will (all) return, and I shall judge between you as to that wherein ye used to differ.
(Pickthal Translation)

:confused: How does this proofs that the Quran is wrong or not preserved? Anyway this is not a debate section so post it there.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
It's all about you and God.......the manner that you pray.
How many sons?

When you pray..."Our Father, who lives in heaven....."
You have declared yourself a son of God.

Whose Father?...your Father?....my Father?.....brothers are we?

The Carpenter said of Himself...'brother and fellow servant'.

The angels hear you...so too the devil.
Having made declaration...what then of you?
Are you a son of God?
Won't the angels come asking?

Bob Dixon

>implying
Chrishna of Hindostan.
Budha Sakia of India.
Salivahana of Bermuda.
Zulis, or Zhule, also Osiris and Orus, of Egypt.
Odin of the Scaudinavians.
Crite of Chaldea.
Zoroaster and Mithra of Persia.
Baal and Taut, "the only Begotten of God," of Phenicia.
Indra of Thibet.
Bali of Afghanistan.
Jao of Nepaul.
Wittoba of the Bilingonese.
Thammuz of Syria.
Atys of Phrygia.
Xaniolxis of Thrace.
Zoar of the Bonzes.
Adad of Assyria.
Deva Tat, and Sammonocadam of Siam.
Alcides of Thebes.
Mikado of the Sintoos.
Beddru of Japan.
Hesus or Eros, and Bremrillah, of the Druids.
Thor, son of Odin, of the Gauls.
Cadmus of Greece.
Hil and Feta of the Mandaites.
Gentaut and Quexalcote of Mexico.
Universal Monarch of the Sibyls.
Ischy of the Island of Formosa.
Divine Teacher of Plato.
Holy One of Xaca.
Fohi and Tien of China.
Adonis, son of the virgin Io of Greece.
IxiOn and Quirinus of Rome.
Prometheus of Caucasus.
Mohamud, or Mahomet, of Arabia.

Did you copy and paste this list from a text that was written in the early 1800s?

Enki2

Why did Yeshua (Jesus) keep repeating " I am the son of Man" when he was the product of a God and a human woman. Could it be because he knew that God had destroyed the world to rid it of the Nephlim and Nophlim, Two distinct falls: Genesis 6:4 once thru pride,, of the Ancient Gods , then again thru the Nibruians,( lust for earth women), that fought the Ancient ones and defeated them.

Enki2

Bob from several ancient Bibles of nations current and no more; Look up the Bibles of India, very interesting.

makkijakki

hello. welcome to this forum site. i dont have the knowledge about this but i suggest you can take advise from your friends, relatives......

starlite

Texasgirl
Why did Yeshua (Jesus) keep repeating " I am the son of Man" when he was the product of a God and a human woman.

Jesus used the expression "son of man" more than any other to refer to himself. (Matthew 8:20) In this way he showed that he was neither a materialized angel nor an incarnation. Rather, he was fully human.

bnabernard

Why did Yeshua (Jesus) keep repeating " I am the son of Man" when he was the product of a God and a human woman. Could it be because he knew that God had destroyed the world to rid it of the Nephlim and Nophlim, Two distinct falls: Genesis 6:4 once thru pride,, of the Ancient Gods , then again thru the Nibruians,( lust for earth women), that fought the Ancient ones and defeated them.

Problem, the Nephlin only had their flesh destroyed, they were allowed to exist as spirits without fles, Why, because they had not transgressed against God, they had been taught by their fathers the fallen angels, there was no laws brocken by the sons of the fallen angels and they acted in ignorance using their superiority in the same way as man does over animals.

They the spirits are given a period of time to come to terms with the truth and reject the ways of their fathers and satan.

Yeshua like John the baptist, are reincarnations of Adam and Elijah, Adam had to show that he can stand up to temptation as he was not the one originaly tempted by satan.

Unfortunately a great deal of the spirits just don't get it and they still think that they can make a stand and govern themselves and have no need to heed their father in creation.
Just as unfortunate is they have dispute among themselves.

bernard (hug)

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Job is said to be the oldest of biblical text.
Not sure of that...but anyway...

The preamble begins.....the sons of God did gather to present themselves....
and with them came the devil.

Sons....obviously in plural....and predating other text.

Then of course....the Lord's prayer begins.....'Our Father....'

Anyone who recites the prayer with heart felt earnest has pronounced himself a Son of God.
So I believe...(hi there!)

The angels heard it....so too the devil.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I believe it was because He was the Son of the archetypal man, God. The Bible says that Jesus Christ is in the image of His Father's person.

Jlbevin

Many, for all who are renewed at baptism are adopted into the household of God. It is so important for through this adoption, and might I add perfection , the ground work of salvation is laid.