• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How many vaccinations are too many?

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
That is what I do as well.

To get ideas, for sure. To inform policy? Not so much. In the US, government was established to secure the rights of the people, not provide them with bodily protection from every risk or threat that exists in the world. So if what the US does during a pandemic doesn't look like what other countries do, that's just the way it is. That is the burden of having laws.

Of course, some in my country would like to see the nation invert the purpose of government—to establish its purpose as providing the people with protection from risk and harm at every turn—even provide them with sustenance—rather than secure their right to protect themselves and provide for themselves.
Well the USA apparently is one of the few wealthy countries, if not the only one, not having a national health service for all, and perhaps this is why it is not so obvious what to do in such situations.

Unfettered

A striving disciple of Jesus Christ
Well the USA apparently is one of the few wealthy countries, if not the only one, not having a national health service for all, and perhaps this is why it is not so obvious what to do in such situations.
It is good when things aren't obvious; that affords an opportunity to take the time to discern the right thing to do and not the hasty thing (which may not be the right thing).

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
It is good when things aren't obvious; that affords an opportunity to take the time to discern the right thing to do and not the hasty thing (which may not be the right thing).
Great but when they come up with the wrong conclusions - like Trump 'No pandemic' - then it should be seen as such. And where in many other countries the advice from the scientists is more readily heeded.

PS You didn't answer my comment as to infecting others either.

Unfettered

Great but when they come up with the wrong conclusions - like Trump 'No pandemic' - then it should be seen as such.
I don't understand what you're saying. Whether or not there was a pandemic was not Pres Trump's decision.
And where in many other countries the advice from the scientists is more readily heeded.
In human societies, decisions based on science yield to the limits placed on government by law. Else people are abused in the name of science. Apart from that, I agree.
PS You didn't answer my comment as to infecting others either.
I'm sorry. Could you quote the post you're thinking of?[/quote][/QUOTE]

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I don't understand what you're saying. Whether or not there was a pandemic was not Pres Trump's decision.
Initially he seemed to dismiss it as not being that much of an issue.
In human societies, decisions based on science yield to the limits placed on government by law. Else people are abused in the name of science. Apart from that, I agree.
I'm sorry. Could you quote the post you're thinking of?
Probably in another thread - and about are/were you not bothered as to infecting someone who then might die - give it seemed from the start that many were vulnerable and likely to die if they caught this virus. So essentially we had to make a choice as to protecting ourselves and others over some particular worry that might not be evidenced.

Unfettered

Initially he seemed to dismiss it as not being that much of an issue.
It didn't take long for him to realize that his ego couldn't stop what was unfolding.
Probably in another thread - and about are/were you not bothered as to infecting someone who then might die - give it seemed from the start that many were vulnerable and likely to die if they caught this virus. So essentially we had to make a choice as to protecting ourselves and others over some particular worry that might not be evidenced.
I'll see if I can find the post in the other thread.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
What you presented was an article stating the Joe Biden understood the development of the vaccine to be political.
Where? How?

"“Scientific breakthroughs don’t care about calendars any more than the virus does,” he said. “They certainly don’t adhere to election cycles. And their timing and their approval and their distribution should never, ever be distorted by political considerations. It should be determined by science and safety alone.” ...

.... Mr. Biden said Wednesday that he would personally take a vaccine if scientists said it was safe, even if it were approved under Mr. Trump’s watch. “Absolutely, do it, yes,” he said, answering a question from a reporter."

Ah, true. It was an error I came by honestly (most "MAGA" folks are assumed to have voted for Donald Trump). No, I'm not a "MAGA man," so if what I said sounded like MAGA disinformation, I cannot account for why. I just know it wasn't.
You probably acquired it through some MAGA source without realizing.

Rational Agnostic

Every time that you need vaccines it seems that you have to have two of them. And they do not seem to last a whole year before you need them agaian.

So how many is too many? 2? 4? Maybe even 6?

Well your worries are over. I doubt if anyone beats this man:

Yes. 217 vaccinations. Was Germany paying people to get vaccinated?

Sounds like he was either getting paid or had a serious mental illness...

Unfettered

Where? How?

"“Scientific breakthroughs don’t care about calendars any more than the virus does,” he said. “They certainly don’t adhere to election cycles. And their timing and their approval and their distribution should never, ever be distorted by political considerations. It should be determined by science and safety alone.” ...

.... Mr. Biden said Wednesday that he would personally take a vaccine if scientists said it was safe, even if it were approved under Mr. Trump’s watch. “Absolutely, do it, yes,” he said, answering a question from a reporter."
I apologize. I couldn't read the article in its entirety because it's behind a payment portal, and I didn't even want to do their short-term account sign up. So all I could see was the first paragraph, which seemed to suggest a political position on the vaccine, as he'd expressed earlier. I saw the two quotes you provided, but just didn't make the connection.

So he changed his tune before the election. OK.
You probably acquired it through some MAGA source without realizing.
I don't think so. I think pro-Biden news outlets reported his previous politicizing of the vaccine. At this point, though, it's history, so I'll yield if pushed. In the end, my hope is that we do not see anything even close to a repeat in my lifetime.