• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How many vaccinations are too many?

Unfettered

A striving disciple of Jesus Christ
I think like most reasonable and intelligent people I tend to take the advice of experts, and particularly those of the medical profession who have no political bias - at least not in most countries I would assume. Given that we can't always have certainty over such things.
So if a person doesn't believe what you believe and, therefore, doesn't do what you do, that means he is not "reasonable" or "intelligent"?

But surely you looked at what so many other countries were doing - the more sensible ones that is, and not the ones like Brazil at the time that had a leader who seemed to dismiss the pandemic - as Trump seemed to do initially.

As above - look wider than one's own country - even if a number of different vaccines were in development at the time. Of course we can't be sure but a social conscience goes a long way as to defeating things like epidemics.
I've covered this line of discussion already in this thread.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I'm talking about what he said before Sept 16, 2001. Look it up. Get educated. I haven't ever voted for President Trump. Oops. Didn't check your facts there, either.
I just did. I found what I presented to you.

Perhaps you could respond to the content of the post.

Who said you voted for Trump? Not me. I said your claim sounds like MAGA disinformation. You don't have to have voted for Trump to be reciting MAGA disinformation.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
So if a person doesn't believe what you believe and, therefore, doesn't do what you do, that means he is not "reasonable" or "intelligent"?
I believe any who do not do so should have a good reason for doing this rather than having politics or conspiracy theories entering into any decisions.

Unfettered

I believe any who do not do so should have a good reason for doing this rather than having politics or conspiracy theories entering into any decisions.
Why do you prejudice my decision with an assumption that it was poorly informed?

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
One is too many for me. But let each decide for himself.
Why? Does the thought of getting sick, and possibly infecting others who might be at real risk as a result, please you?
Surely I'm not the only one who is puzzled by the fact that for every other medical intervention or treatment one goes to a licensed medical practitioner, but to get a vaccine one goes to a government agent? :dizzy:
Perhaps it's because in a pandemic, in a nation without a national healthcare program, the government deems it important enough to vaccinate as many as possible that it decides to pay for those vaccinations itself. In Canada, where we do have universal healthcare already payed for by government, vaccines are provided by medical practioners.

Altfish

Veteran Member
I have a flu jab once a year, last few years I've also had a Covid jab.
When I hit the big 70, I'll get myself the Shingles jab too.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I have a flu jab once a year, last few years I've also had a Covid jab.
When I hit the big 70, I'll get myself the Shingles jab too.
I was bad, and didn't get the shingles jab. Guess what happened...yep, all over the left side of my face -- with a real risk of blindness in my left eye.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Of course not. Why would I do that?

Your apparent understanding of the purpose of vaccines informs well the question of why so many people believe that they have a right to their neighbors' medical information and decisions.

Surely I'm not the only one who is puzzled by the fact that for every other medical intervention or treatment one goes to a licensed medical practitioner, but to get a vaccine one goes to a government agent? :dizzy:
What country is that? It is not the US, I can guarantee that to you. I never once went to a government agency for a vaccination.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Joe Biden was against the COVID-19 vaccine when his political enemy was pushing for its development. He poo-pooed it on several occasions, goading the American people to NOT get the vaccine, challenging them with "Who's going to take the shot? Are you going to be the first one to say 'sign me up?'" He changed his mind immediately after being elected president.
You should never trust anything a politician says.
Trump....Biden...any of them will say things with
a singular goal in mind, ie, getting elected.
Epidemiologists, virologists, & immunologists
are more reliable sources of info.

If you want to know what you should do, just ask
me. I'll check with Mrs Revolt, who studied
epidemiology at Johns Hopkins, & has worked in
health care analytics for almost half a century.
Trust me.
Obeying her is the path to happiness.

Unfettered

I think like most reasonable and intelligent people I tend to take the advice of experts, and particularly those of the medical profession who have no political bias
That is what I do as well.
But surely you looked at what so many other countries were doing
To get ideas, for sure. To inform policy? Not so much. In the US, government was established to secure the rights of the people, not provide them with bodily protection from every risk or threat that exists in the world. So if what the US does during a pandemic doesn't look like what other countries do, that's just the way it is. That is the burden of having laws.

Of course, some in my country would like to see the nation invert the purpose of government—to establish its purpose as providing the people with protection from risk and harm at every turn—even provide them with sustenance—rather than secure their right to protect themselves and provide for themselves.

Unfettered

I just did. I found what I presented to you.
What you presented was an article stating the Joe Biden understood the development of the vaccine to be political.
Who said you voted for Trump? Not me. I said your claim sounds like MAGA disinformation. You don't have to have voted for Trump to be reciting MAGA disinformation.
Ah, true. It was an error I came by honestly (most "MAGA" folks are assumed to have voted for Donald Trump). No, I'm not a "MAGA man," so if what I said sounded like MAGA disinformation, I cannot account for why. I just know it wasn't.

Unfettered

You should never trust anything a politician says.
Trump....Biden...any of them will say things with
a singular goal in mind, ie, getting elected.
Epidemiologists, virologists, & immunologists
are more reliable sources of info.

If you want to know what you should do, just ask
me. I'll check with Mrs Revolt, who studied
epidemiology at Johns Hopkins, & has worked in
health care analytics for almost half a century.
Trust me.
Obeying her is the path to happiness.
LOL, I'll take that into consideration!

We Never Know

No Slack
No, we didn't get paid for vaccination at any point.
The only incentive was access to certain areas and jobs being restricted to vaccinated people... For that, you only needed the regular 2 or 3 shots.

However, I guess that with the decentralized system and strict privacy rules, it was probably pretty easy for that guy to schedule vaccinations at multiple doctors and centers. His health insurance would have covered it (and I suspect that the insurance company was the party who caught him at it)

It was over a 29 month period.
If his insurance didn't catch it before then, someone isn't doing their job very well