• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Natural Selection Works.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
I have very good reading comprehension, thank you very much. Either way, a dolphin giving birth to an elephant, or an elephant giving birth to a dolphin DOES NOT HAPPEN and nobody claims that it does. To be honest, your completely absurd misrepresentation of what evolution is didn't even deserve a response. It is very clear that you know very little to nothing on the subject.

Then where did dolphins come from?!? Why would a fish suddenly need to start breathing air? Evolution loses again!

Hmmm, sounds you like you have a lot of faith in your religion of evolutionism.

Nope, if you want to know how dolphins evolved, I would suggest doing your own homework, but since I need to hold your hand and teach you stuff, well here it goes:

The order Cetacea /sɨˈteɪʃ(i)ə/ includes the marine mammals commonly known as whales, dolphins, and porpoises. Cetus is Latin and is used in biological names to mean "whale"; its original meaning, "large sea animal", was more general. It comes from Ancient Greek κῆτος (kētos), meaning "whale" or "any huge fish or sea monster". In Greek mythology, the monster Perseus defeated was called Ceto, which is depicted by the constellation of Cetus. Cetology is the branch of marine science associated with the study of cetaceans.
Fossil evidence suggests that cetaceans share a common ancestor with land-dwelling mammals that began living in marine environments around 50 million years ago. Today, they are the mammals best adapted to aquatic life. The body of a cetacean is fusiform (spindle-shaped). The forelimbs are modified into flippers. The tiny hindlimbs are vestigial; they do not attach to the backbone and are hidden within the body. The tail has horizontal flukes. Cetaceans are nearly hairless, and are insulated from the cooler water they inhabit by a thick layer of blubber.
Some species are noted for their high intelligence. At the 2012 meeting in Vancouver, Canada, the American Association for the Advancement of Science (the world's largest science conference), support was reiterated for a cetacean bill of rights, listing cetaceans as non-human persons.[2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cetacea#cite_note-BBC_News_Online_Feb_2012-2

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Nope, if you want to know how dolphins evolved, I would suggest doing your own homework, but since I need to hold your hand and teach you stuff, well here it goes:

The order Cetacea /sɨˈteɪʃ(i)ə/ includes the marine mammals commonly known as whales, dolphins, and porpoises. Cetus is Latin and is used in biological names to mean "whale"; its original meaning, "large sea animal", was more general. It comes from Ancient Greek κῆτος (kētos), meaning "whale" or "any huge fish or sea monster". In Greek mythology, the monster Perseus defeated was called Ceto, which is depicted by the constellation of Cetus. Cetology is the branch of marine science associated with the study of cetaceans.
Fossil evidence suggests that cetaceans share a common ancestor with land-dwelling mammals that began living in marine environments around 50 million years ago. Today, they are the mammals best adapted to aquatic life. The body of a cetacean is fusiform (spindle-shaped). The forelimbs are modified into flippers. The tiny hindlimbs are vestigial; they do not attach to the backbone and are hidden within the body. The tail has horizontal flukes. Cetaceans are nearly hairless, and are insulated from the cooler water they inhabit by a thick layer of blubber.
Some species are noted for their high intelligence. At the 2012 meeting in Vancouver, Canada, the American Association for the Advancement of Science (the world's largest science conference), support was reiterated for a cetacean bill of rights, listing cetaceans as non-human persons.[2]

I see your keen on quoting scripture.

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cetacea#cite_note-BBC_News_Online_Feb_2012-2

Sorry to inform you but your being punked.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
The fact is evolution (as commonly understood) is an unprovable theory that is supported only by endless propaganda and appeals to special knowledge attained only by a select few. Little wonder, IMO, it is the subject of such heated debate.

Absolute and utter garbage. I've never seen someone mangle facts so badly in such a short post.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
My bad, I didn't pick up on the sarcasm:) His original post appeared to me to be from a sincere evolutionary illiterate moron. My appologies!

No, my apologies. It's not difficult to emulate creationists. Just be as non-sensical as possible, and it comes off as authentic.

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
Perhaps you should go win your Nobel prize for blowing the theory of evolution to pieces?

LOL! I think you're misunderstanding things a little bit. You're debating someone who is a full supporter of evolution. He's just having a little fun pretending to be a creationist. He's doing a good job at it too. (Except for that he should use a tad more vague words and more hyperbole. A few extra punctuation marks like this "........." between words would help too.)

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
My bad, I didn't pick up on the sarcasm:) His original post appeared to me to be from a sincere evolutionary illiterate moron. My appologies!

Poe's law. There's no difference between a true fundamentalist and someone posing as one using sarcasm because that's how silly fundamentalist arguments ultimately are.