• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How the Law (doesn't really), define "gender identity"

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Yeah, but you claim it must be a legal definition to a certain standard.
We are in general political debates and unless you can show that all of the human world is legal definitions as legal, you have no leg to stand on demand that it must a legal defintion.
This thread is ABOUT legal definitions. If the one YOU provided is not a legal definition then you should not have offered it in this thread.

Again, if you want to discuss non-legal definitions, start another thread. thanks.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
This thread is ABOUT legal definitions. If the one YOU provided is not a legal definition then you should not have offered it in this thread.

Again, if you want to discuss non-legal definitions, start another thread. thanks.

So only legal defintion of gender are relevant for what gender is and you can't have a law that uses gender, but the defintion of gender is not legal as it is not in the law, but given by another part of the government in question.

wellwisher

Sex is quantitative and can be objectified with DNA testing. Gender is much more subjective, which is why the number of genders increases with time, as people find nuance. Gender is like choosing spices on a rack to flavor the barbecue sauce to your tastes.

Gender is more subject to will and choice, than is sex. We are born with a given sex and have no choice when it happens. Gender allows for choices and even nuance among choices. It can also be a role you can play, like an actor. Transitioning involves costumes and cosmetic changes. Gender is where everyday becomes halloween, so we can stay in the fine tuned gender character of our choosing.

This is a mostly a US fad. It is not quite caught on in other places. It is designed to make money. Like all fads, the hype is there to create new demand for goods and services. I am sure Nancy Pelosi has stock in these companies, especially when government is using tax payer money to promote the fad in schools. Brain washing, apart from parents, was part of the promotional process. That alone is a tell.

Electric cars used the same approach, by the same political party; insider trading. One choice of automobile; electric, gets all the benefits of the doubt using tax payers resources; tax breaks, rebates and free charging. This happened with gender. The other alternatives; gasoline or biological sex is given a handicap and pays extra to exist; shunned as terrible. Both kill the planet. Based on this rigged system, anyone can see which stocks will do the best. The crooks cash in.

The same crooks did this to education, resulting in students with lots of debt. The students got sucked into thinking everyone should go to college, without any regard to the future costs and the potential future jobs based on the education of choice. The trades, in this case, were given the crap end of the stick; everyone go to colleges. Government sweetens the pot by underwriting college loans. Colleges got all this free loan money, to fill their coffers, until the crap hits the fan for the students.

The same will happen to the gender fad, if the stocks go up and the rich cash in. The Left minions have to be the worse, when it comes to resisting fast talking salesmen in their own party. You guys seem to live for bad choices, all so you can be state of the art for the day, during the reaping of money, but before the next disaster, kicks in.

icehorse

Premium Member
So only legal defintion of gender are relevant for what gender is and you can't have a law that uses gender, but the defintion of gender is not legal as it is not in the law, but given by another part of the government in question.
But sadly, the idea of a "gender identity" IS creeping into many laws in the US and in Europe.

icehorse

Premium Member
thus the reason they legally defined the term.
Your disliking the definitions does not mean they do not exist.
I never said they don't exist. What I've been saying is that they are poorly worded and that bad men are taking advantage of this poor wording.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
I never said they don't exist. What I've been saying is that they are poorly worded and that bad men are taking advantage of this poor wording.
then present a definition you think works.

IMO, if you can not/will not present a definition there is no reason to take your complaining about the definitions seriously.

icehorse

Premium Member
then present a definition you think works.

IMO, if you can not/will not present a definition there is no reason to take your complaining about the definitions seriously.
Haha. I think it's a disingenuous concept that has no business being in any laws. To me, the closest similar situation is associated with religion. People have "faith", and based on that faith they get some protections under the law. So perhaps it would be useful to acknowledge that gender ideology is a "faith" and treat it the way we treat religions?

But notice that being of a religion does not allow you to unlawfully curtail the rights and protections of others - at least not in a free, secular society.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Haha. I think it's a disingenuous concept that has no business being in any laws. To me, the closest similar situation is associated with religion. People have "faith", and based on that faith they get some protections under the law. So perhaps it would be useful to acknowledge that gender ideology is a "faith" and treat it the way we treat religions?

But notice that being of a religion does not allow you to unlawfully curtail the rights and protections of others - at least not in a free, secular society.
So, no definition then?
Ok.

Now give us a reason to take your whining about the current definitions seriously.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion

Is what you think falsifiable according to science and in fact biology as biology?

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Bad definitions are what's enabling violent men to abuse women and girls, as I showed you in post #598 of this thread:

Gender reassignment/affirming surgery
Well, a bad defintion of science is what treats morality as falsifiable by science. There are bad people everywhere, who use bad defintions and bad understanding of reality. ;)
That is not limited to gender. Now use a defense mechanism and laugh at it.