• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How To Use the Quote Feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Have you tried resetting safari? I'd try resetting and if that doesn't work, restart your Mac.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
But HOW does one multiquote?
Post #4:
If you want to quote more than one post in a single response, look for this button right next to the regular Quote link.

Click that on all but the last post you want to quote. On the last post, click the regular Quote button.

Your reply screen will contain all the posts you quoted, in the order you selected, like this (without the spaces):

[ quote=Storm;2065801 ]Using quotes will make your conversations much easier to follow. Everyone will know who you're talking to, and you can divide the comments to address specific points. We also have the Multiquote feature, which enables you to quote multiple posts in a single reply to avoid cluttering the thread.

Feel free to use this thread for practice.[ /quote ]

Now that you've got the basics of quoting down, we'll go onto dividing quotes. There are two ways to do this, but they start the same.
Quote the post as normal.

:yes:

Highlight the closing quote tag (it looks like this, without the spaces: [ / quote ]) and either copy/ paste, or drag it to where you want the first division. This will close the quote box when you submit your reply, like this.

Enter your reply, and proceed to the next point.

:shout

loopus

Loopy
It's My Birthday!
Test test

Using quotes will make your conversations much easier to follow. Everyone will know who you're talking to, and you can divide the comments to address specific points. We also have the Multiquote feature, which enables you to quote multiple posts in a single reply to avoid cluttering the thread.

Feel free to use this thread for practice.

Test

loopus

Loopy
It's My Birthday!
Test
Using quotes will make your conversations much easier to follow.

Test
Everyone will know who you're talking to, and you can divide the comments to address specific points.

We also have the Multiquote feature, which enables you to quote multiple posts in a single reply to avoid cluttering the thread.
Feel free to use this thread for practice.

tesssssst

nnmartin

If you want to quote more than one post in a single response, look for this button right next to the regular Quote link.

[ quote=Storm;2065801 ]Using quotes will make your conversations much easier to follow. Everyone will know who you're talking to, and you can divide the comments to address specific points. We also have the Multiquote feature, which enables you to quote multiple posts in a single reply to avoid cluttering the thread.

Feel free to use this thread for practice.[ /quote ]

[ quote=Storm;2065836 ]At the bottom right corner of each post, you'll find the Quote button: [ /quote ]

How do you get the quote at the bottom of the page?

[qn [ quote] and [ /quote] to the end of your post, if I understood your question correctly.[/quote]

You can. You just have to copy and paste.

this is a practice

McBell

Admiral Obvious
no, that looks wrong!

I'll try again later:confused:
within the [ and ] there are no spaces.
so [ quote] and [ /quote] will not work (please note the spaces in those two tags)

when you remove the spaces:
Another thing to try:
quote a post and look at the tags (what is within the [ and ] that do not show up when you preview the post)
you can also use the quote button:
wmi2za.jpg

highlight what you want quoted, hit that button and it will put the quote tags around what you have highlighted.

sandy candy

hi all..well im new here and the problem is that im not good in english....lol i tried to understand this thread but ehhhhh i failed:p.....ok ill try now to squeeze my brain and read it again...lol thnx

sandy candy

Using quotes will make your conversations much easier to follow. Everyone will know who you're talking to

you are right,
and you can divide the comments to address specific points. We also have the Multiquote feature, which enables you to quote multiple posts in a single reply to avoid cluttering the thread.
yup

Feel free to use this thread for practice
of course im free..im not slave...heheh j/k

ok now ill press the buttom "reply" and see what happen..123 goooooooo

Status
Not open for further replies.