• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How would alienlife fit into Christian Worldview?

Adso

You really are going to tell me you, as a Christian, believe that God would put animals higher than humans?

You claimed that the according to the Christian faith that humans are the pinnacle of creation. I'm telling you that according to the Christian faith, we're considered one of the biggest failures. The only conceivable way that you could even see it from that angle is the viewpoint that Man was meant to be in God's image and we messed up so badly that God is trying so desperately to fix the situation that we've become His largest focus. So, biggest focus? Sure. The pinnacle? Hardly. That would be like claiming Wall Street is the pinnacle of economic enterprises.

You're assuming that if alien life is discovered, it will be vastly superior to us, but you haven't stated how, or even what qualities that mean. Isn't it far more likely for alien life to be something more akin to a beetle than a human?

Now let's say that alien life was human-like or superior to us in whatever way you are assuming... They've developed a society, culture, even their own theology. Even then, it still would not affect the Christian paradigm, because Christianity deals with Earth, it's inhabitants, and OUR relationship with God. Aliens would have have their own unique relationship/problems with God if they had any at all. A lot of people might struggle with that concept, but it seems pretty straightforward to me.

Do Animals go to heaven, have souls, etc?
Don't know. It's a nice thought, but it doesn't keep me up at night that my dog might not be pooping on my floor in Heaven.

CynthiaCypher

You're assuming that if alien life is discovered, it will be vastly superior to us, but you haven't stated how, or even what qualities that mean. Isn't it far more likely for alien life to be something more akin to a beetle than a human?

I think some people believe that way because they have been watching too much Star Trek

Trey of Diamonds

suppose one day science can prove alien life, or we make contact with humans or high level organisms from another planet. How would this fit into the Christian theology?

Would the other planet have their own form of Jesus?

Easy, take a look at the European migration into and conquest of North and South America. Make these changes:

Aliens = Europeans
Earthlings = Native Americans

Once you've made those changes you might have an idea of how such a scenario will play out.

CynthiaCypher

I think some people are too far out of touch with reality.
You are if you believe that someday people will traipise throughout the galaxy in their warp drive starships. I am going to tell you again...it's merely science fiction like your highly superior aliens...get over it

Photonic

Ad astra!
You are if you believe that someday people will traipise throughout the galaxy in their warp drive starships. I am going to tell you again...it's merely science fiction like your highly superior aliens...get over it

A lot of people say things are impossible. That doesn't make them impossible.

From my point of view what YOU are saying is fictional.

Trey of Diamonds

Get over the idea that we are not the only life in the universe? In the vastness of the universe you really believe we are the only lifeforms in existance? Sounds like someone else needs to get over it.

outhouse

Atheistically
one takes a cup to the ocean and grabs a glass of water, and observes and states there are no whales in the ocean because I dont have any in my cup.

That same example using a cup, is all we know of the universe and life around us

not nom

she has a point in that it hardly matters to us, right now. just because we recently have invented a bit industrialization or spaceflight, doesn't mean now suddenly the aliens will come a-knocking.

it might take a few billion years, or never happen. the universe is huge, and we really have no idea about the likelihood of life elsewhere, much less civilizations that cruise around to visit other planets (why would they? unless they're like us and ****** up their home, of course).

Trey of Diamonds

she has a point in that it hardly matters to us, right now. just because we recently have invented a bit industrialization or spaceflight, doesn't mean now suddenly the aliens will come a-knocking.

it might take a few billion years, or never happen. the universe is huge, and we really have no idea about the likelihood of life elsewhere, much less civilizations that cruise around to visit other planets (why would they? unless they're like us and ****** up their home, of course).

All true but still besides the point in the context of the OP.

outhouse

Atheistically
suppose one day science can prove alien life, or we make contact with humans or high level organisms from another planet. How would this fit into the Christian theology?

Would the other planet have their own form of Jesus?

they would make excuses and instantly try and convert them all LOL after calling them heathen aliens :facepalm:

not nom

All true but still besides the point in the context of the OP.

orly?

to the topic I have nothing more to say than what I already said, "that kinda depends on their worldview, too". I can't muse about the impact of "alien life" on christianity without being given any details about that alien life. one might as well ask "would it have an impact on christianity if stuff happened"... yeah, sure. or maybe not. we can't say unless you tell us what "stuff" means.

Trey of Diamonds

orly?

to the topic I have nothing more to say than what I already said, "that kinda depends on their worldview, too". I can't muse about the impact of "alien life" on christianity without being given any details about that alien life. one might as well ask "would it have an impact on christianity if stuff happened"... yeah, sure. or maybe not. we can't say unless you tell us what "stuff" means.

I meant the point of CynthiaCypher's that you were explaining was besides the point of the OP. The OP asked us to consider Aliens coming to earth and what would be the impact. Saying the Aliens don't exists or wont come to earth for millions of years is pointless. If you don't want to play then stay out of the game. (Not you personally but a more "in general" kind of you. ;))