• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Howard Stern

spacemonkey

Pneumatic Spiritualist
Lightkeeper said:
I would remove Howard Stern on the grounds of air pollution.:) I just do not think he contributes anything of value to society. My feelings have nothing to do with anything political.
If you feel it is noise pollution you have the ability, as a primate with opposable thumbs, of turning him off. No one forces you or anyone else to listen to his show. Personally, he gets on my nerves after listening for a while, but that is when I can stop listening. Despite the fact I don't really like his show, I feal that he is a HERO when it comes to defending the rights of the American citizen. He and Larry Flint go down on my list of "Heros of Poor Taste".

MdmSzdWhtGuy

I am with Spacemonkey here. I listen to his show on the way to work. About 3/4 of the time it is funny and I enjoy it. The other 1/4 or less of the time, he is interviewing some female celebrity and trying to get her to undress. That is generally when I change the station. Not that I mind naked female celebrities, but I don't get much out of radio nudity. (think about that one a minute)

Stern is a hero for the 1st amendment, no doubt about it. I don't care much for his position on certain issues, but I listen cause he makes my drive to work less unpleasant. Same thing with Neal Boortz and Rush Limbaugh. I don't have to agree with everything I hear to find something useful and entertaining.

And for those who think he should be taken off the air, you are getting your wish. He will only be available after Jan. 2006 via satellite radio. I would caution you about being so quick to give away the rights of others.

The right wing evangelical watches Howard Stern get taken off the air, and says "good, that was filth anyways". Then he watches homosexuals lose rights, and says "good,they are sinners anyways". Then he sees gun owners lose thier right to keep and bear arms and says "good, gun's don't do anything but kill people". Then group after group after group continues to lose their rights, and again our hero is continually happy as they are all in some form or another groups of which he does not approve. . . .

Then someone comes along and tells our hero he can't go to the church of his choice, and he is frantic, he looks around for help, but there is nobody left to help him, as he has been complicit in giving away all the rights of everyone else, as they were people he didn't approve of, and now, in his hour of need, there is nobody to protect his rights.

If you care about your own freedom to do as you choose, then you better be a champion for others to do as they choose, even if you disaprove. Otherwise, when the hatchet does fall on something you care about, who are you going to turn to?

B.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
MdmSzdWhtGuy said:
If you care about your own freedom to do as you choose, then you better be a champion for others to do as they choose, even if you disaprove. Otherwise, when the hatchet does fall on something you care about, who are you going to turn to?
I completely agree with this.