• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hows it goin?

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Welcome!

We have many unique paradigms here. We have many Christians, Pagans, Muslims, Atheists, Agnostics, etc., etc.

Look forward to chatting with you!

Caina

Apostate Heretic
Welcome!

We have many unique paradigms here. We have many Christians, Pagans, Muslims, Atheists, Agnostics, etc., etc.

Look forward to chatting with you!
I look foward to it as well. Combatting religion on just one front doesnt appeal nearly as much as a diversified engagement ;)

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Oh, you're going to love it here. Catholics, Muslims, atheists, Mormons, Luciferians -- and most of us actually like and respect one another. Lighten up and enjoy the diversity instead of being so intent to prove us all wrong. Welcome.

Caina

Apostate Heretic
Oh, you're going to love it here. Catholics, Muslims, atheists, Mormons, Luciferians -- and most of us actually like and respect one another. Lighten up and enjoy the diversity instead of being so intent to prove us all wrong. Welcome.
No need to prove anything wrong. Proof is irrelevent when religion is concerned, for or against.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
I look foward to it as well. Combatting religion on just one front doesnt appeal nearly as much as a diversified engagement ;)

Well, while you combat, I hope you learn something also. Discussion yields much more wholesome fruits than blind debate. :)

Caina

Apostate Heretic
Well, while you combat, I hope you learn something also. Discussion yields much more wholesome fruits than blind debate. :)
For sure. The precepts of religion as moral guidlines are great at times. But still a person can be morally just and of benifit to society without religion as their crutch or club.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
For sure. The precepts of religion as moral guidlines are great at times. But still a person can be morally just and of benifit to society without religion as their crutch or club.

Are you actually saying this because you expect the majority of people here to disagree with you?
I think you will be disappointed, but I hope you like it here anyway. :)

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan

I agree!

There is also much in the way of symbolic and allegorical treasure in religion as well.

Caina

Apostate Heretic
Are you actually saying this because you expect the majority of people here to disagree with you?
I think you will be disappointed, but I hope you like it here anyway. :)
Not at all. But when my views start showing a little more clearly the disagreements will follow. I doubt I will be disapointed there seems to be a lot of places to go in here, and I hope I like it as well:)

Caina

Apostate Heretic
I agree!

There is also much in the way of symbolic and allegorical treasure in religion as well.
Symbolism we should be recreating for our modern world to reflect the complexity of the lives we now live. Clinging to the allegory of old doesnt reflect on a modern world all that well, sure some of it can be construed to apply, but really we need to create the symbols for tommorow:)

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Should be interesting here. What is the dominant religious subscription?

Ego, to one extent or another just like anywhere else ;)

The two factions are; those of us who realise it, and those of us who need to have it pointed out from time to time.

Welcome Caina
icon14.gif

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Symbolism we should be recreating for our modern world to reflect the complexity of the lives we now live. Clinging to the allegory of old doesnt reflect on a modern world all that well, sure some of it can be construed to apply, but really we need to create the symbols for tommorow:)

Again, I agree!

Religions must evolve with our knowledge and understanding of the universe.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member

Hello Caina!

Welcome to Religious Forums,

We don't do "combatting religion" here; we try to lear about each other's faiths to bring about a better understanding of all people - hopefully, that leads to acceptance, and respect, whioch is something greatly needed by the World as a whole.

From little acorns.......:D

Have fun, and I look forward to seeing you on the boards.:)

Caina

Apostate Heretic
Hello Caina!

Welcome to Religious Forums,

We don't do "combatting religion" here; we try to lear about each other's faiths to bring about a better understanding of all people - hopefully, that leads to acceptance, and respect, whioch is something greatly needed by the World as a whole.

From little acorns.......:D

Have fun, and I look forward to seeing you on the boards.:)
Thanks. Accepting and respecting people is easy, belief not so much. When I say combatting religion, it is in the sense of combatting the lack of respect and acceptance religion itself entails. Religions create enemies from those not part of the ideal subscribed too. Taking the stance of spiritual superiority over our fellow men and women is not very respectful, and to deny their worth in your own eyes due to different beliefs is not accepting. My personal views are such that acceptance and respect on a global level cannot be attained with religion in place, it causes seperation of mankind on emotional, spiritual, and intellectual levels. Of course to abolish it is niether accepting or respecting either. But to convince people that no religious perscription is needed to be unified as a productive and wanted member of mankind is golden:)