• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Human Journey

TransmutingSoul

One Planet, One People, Please!
Premium Member
Isn't that counter productive?
My thoughts is that less than 1% of humanity are able to go 100%

I see this creation is all given by God from the least to the most and all are loved.

I see our task is to find God in our own way, using our own logic and reason within our given Nature and Nurture.

I always ponder how my life is shaped by where God gave me life, compared to others, who where they are born, suffer even before their birth, as they are born into complete poverty.

As such, it is logical to consider that truth can only be relative to each soul. Why is faith, a most great gift from God, given to a few and withheld from so many?

Regards Tony

christos

Some sort of scholar dude who likes learning
As a scholar it’s virtually impossible to speak to religious people

Religious people you have to remember are desperate to hold onto certainty

The brain is not very comfortable with uncertainty and so once the region isn’t has got into their faith ITS VERY VERY DIFFICULT to remotely open them up to exploration

The worst thing of all is pointing out is that they BLINDLY FOLLOW a constructed narrative NOT spiritual truth

But that is the truth… to restrict yourself to a single modern day book, which completely diverts away from the original texts, completely robs a person of spiritual discovery

Jimmy

King Phenomenon

The brain is not very comfortable with uncertainty and so once the region isn’t has got into their faith ITS VERY VERY DIFFICULT to remotely open them up to exploration

The worst thing of all is pointing out is that they BLINDLY FOLLOW a constructed narrative NOT spiritual truth

But that is the truth… to restrict yourself to a single modern day book, which completely diverts away from the original texts, completely robs a person of spiritual discovery
Same goes for the non religious

TransmutingSoul

Premium Member

As a scholar, you are negating your own life of study.

Take for instance science as a whole. Do you stay with the first books written on the subject, or do your broaden your knowledge by pursuing the latest books and knowledge on the subject?

Religion is no different, it is progressive.

Regards Tony

christos

As a scholar, you are negating your own life of study.

Take for instance science as a whole. Do you stay with the first books written on the subject, or do your broaden your knowledge by pursuing the latest books and knowledge on the subject?

Religion is no different, it is progressive.

Regards Tony
I pursue all knowledge as best as I can

Religion for example I look at Hermeticism, Egyptians, Gnosticism, Sumerians, History, Archaeology, The Romans, Neuroscience, NDEs, Black Projects, Physics, Mathematics, the Esoteric, psychedelics and so forth

To stick to a single book is to not search for truth

But to fully comprehend modern texts, you have to understand their original forms as best as you can then trace through historical changes and human influences

Once you go through this process for example you cannot conclude the bible to be the authoritative absolute word of God

You very quickly realise the modern bible has diverted very far from even Christ, except a few bits and pieces here and there

christos

This that hold the middle ground are the most difficult, they hold the doubt.

Regards Tony
Well it’s good I’m a strong believer and don’t doubt, BUT I cannot be certain I know truth… we are talking about a supposed metaphysical, spiritual, higher dimensional, infinite eternal existence after all

That’s just open and honest

TransmutingSoul

Premium Member
I pursue all knowledge as best as I can

Religion for example I look at Hermeticism, Egyptians, Gnosticism, Sumerians, History, Archaeology, The Romans, Neuroscience, NDEs, Black Projects, Physics, Mathematics, the Esoteric, psychedelics and so forth

To stick to a single book is to not search for truth

But to fully comprehend modern texts, you have to understand their original forms as best as you can then trace through historical changes and human influences

Once you go through this process for example you cannot conclude the bible to be the authoritative absolute word of God

You very quickly realise the modern bible has diverted very far from even Christ, except a few bits and pieces here and there
I see the latest authorised text, after the Quran given by Muhammad, about religion are from both the Bab and Baha'u'llah, they are no doubt to me, the key required to understand all of the previous scriptures given.

Once you go through this process for example you cannot conclude that any Holy Scripture is the final authoritative absolute word of God. Religion will continue to progress and more books will be given to assist us in that progress. The issue is, it will be at least another 800 years before we get another Book.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Premium Member
Well it’s good I’m a strong believer and don’t doubt, BUT I cannot be certain I know truth… we are talking about a supposed metaphysical, spiritual, higher dimensional, infinite eternal existence after all

That’s just open and honest
Uncertainty is human, Jesus offered the way to Uncertainty, that is to be born again into submission to the Holy Spirit. The quandary we will always have is what thoughts are from Christ and what thoughts are from our own human selves.

Regards Tony