• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Humanity would be better without emotions

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Then why do people believe in the viewpoint then ?
Because they're not intellectuals or social activists. They accept the truths and values they were raised with and are supported by their peers.

Notice how Muslim families produce more Muslims, Sikhs produce Sikhs, Buddhists produce Buddhists, Germany produces Germans, and America produces American mindsets. They're not consistent. They all disagree on many things. That's what happens when you rely on emotion rather than intellect or science.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Emotions cause immense suffering and evil. We would be better without emotions completely. I know that this scares people because it's the truth.
Without emotions, humanity would not have survived. The emergent properties of mind, including emotions and consciousness, enhance the ability of humans to survive and reproduce.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Because they're not intellectuals or social activists. They accept the truths and values they were raised with and are supported by their peers.

Notice how Muslim families produce more Muslims, Sikhs produce Sikhs, Buddhists produce Buddhists, Germany produces Germans, and America produces American mindsets. They're not consistent. They all disagree on many things. That's what happens when you rely on emotion rather than intellect or science.

As long as you understand that nobody have ever made a worldview based only on intellect and/or science.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Emotions cause immense suffering and evil. We would be better without emotions completely. I know that this scares people because it's the truth.

I see emotions as our feedback system. A way of experiencing the consequences of our actions. Yes, however, it is far from an accurate system. Often we will emotionally react to an imagined threat which itself will cause unnecessary damage.

Most folks are stuck with this "feedback". So I think it is best to learn how to use it to our advantage. Some feelings are great, like love, joy, peace. Just have to learn how to better manipulate the system.

Last edited:

MayPeaceBeUpOnYou

Emotion is a way for us to grow in life. If you get sad you will find a way to overcome that. If people are happy we learn to appreciate and enjoy that moment. I mean without emotions we would be just like a zombie with no purpose to reproduce .

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
So you want all humans to be psychopaths instead of just a small fraction of them?

I'll pass, thanks. If you think having emotions produces "evil" just wait until the species is 100% psychopaths, kid.
What of it? As with any other mental dysfunction and disorder, stigmatizing it does far more harm than good.
Myth 1: Psychopathy is synonymous with violence.
Myth 3: Psychopathy is synonymous with antisocial personality disorder (ASPD).
Myth 6: All psychopaths are the same.
How about instead of kicking an entire group unfairly under the bus you actually address the point.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
He didn't imply violence or anti-social traits to sociopaths. I believe he was referring more to a diminution of compassion and social conscience.