• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Humans did NOT evolve from the common ancestor of Apes

Midnight Rain

I don't intend to say we are and I don't intend to say we are not. There are indeed many similarities. I recognize many of those similarities. I'm content with that, and the fact that God's Word remains standing in all this, which every way it goes.
And where did god say that chimpanzee's were not humans?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
If I am wrong, then my experience of God should be considered evidence by you.
I am able to comprehend that the broad generic definition of evidence you have to cling to in order to protect your faith is subjective.

Just because I have a higher standard of evidence than you do does not make your evidence not evidence.
It's just that with my standards higher than yours, I want something more concrete than your beliefs.

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
I just don't know if humans evolved from the great ( or not so great ) apes.
As far as I know there haven't been found any fossil links between extinct apes and modern humans.
I could be wrong. I'm allowed & if wrong someone will tell me & I'll listen.
Perhaps "god" genetically engineered us from the apes long ago?
That could fit a creation event. The Genesis creation story is more a creation poem according to Rev. Rob Bell. Rev. Bell also debunks the notion of hellfire & damnation and the idiocy that humans die and float off to somewhere else.
Does it really matter how humans came to be? Maybe 'god" is an alien lifeform that engineered us all. God IS an alien life form. No one can deny that.o_O
I have a belief that I call "faith" that a God exists. That God never intended most humans to float off somewhere else or to burn in hell for all eternity.
I have faith in that God.
Since faith is a belief that can not be proven or disproven then most of these arguments are nothing more than mental masterbation to a religious person.
It matters not the technical details of how humans appeared. I like my faith.
I love my God. I love Jesus and His sacrifice for us all.
It's a comforting thing to have a belief system, faith that one can believe, that some day,
perhaps soon enough, this wicked world will be done away with to be replaced by a theocratic government rulled by God, Jesus and perhaps a select few humans that will take spirit form to assist in governing a New Nation a New Earth when heaven and earth will become one.
Nice notion, what?

shawn001

As far as I know there haven't been found any fossil links between extinct apes and modern humans.
That could fit a creation event. The Genesis creation story is more a creation poem according to Rev. Rob Bell. Rev. Bell also debunks the notion of hellfire & damnation and the idiocy that humans die and float off to somewhere else.
Does it really matter how humans came to be? Maybe 'god" is an alien lifeform that engineered us all. God IS an alien life form. No one can deny that.o_O
I have a belief that I call "faith" that a God exists. That God never intended most humans to float off somewhere else or to burn in hell for all eternity.
Since faith is a belief that can not be proven or disproven then most of these arguments are nothing more than mental masterbation to a religious person.
It's a comforting thing to have a belief system, faith that one can believe, that some day,
perhaps soon enough, this wicked world will be done away with to be replaced by a theocratic government rulled by God, Jesus and perhaps a select few humans that will take spirit form to assist in governing a New Nation a New Earth when heaven and earth will become one.
Nice notion, what?

"As far as I know there haven't been found any fossil links between extinct apes and modern humans."

They have and another aspect here really important is DNA. Because DNA showed us we are as well and it was predicted then found.

Uploaded on Nov 28, 2007
The phases through which chromosomes replicate, divide, shuffle, and recombine are imperfect, as DNA is subject to random mutations. Mutations do not always produce harmful outcomes. In fact, many mutations are thought to be neutral, and some even give rise to beneficial traits. To corroborate Darwin's theory, scientists would need to find a valid explanation for why a chromosome pair is missing in humans that is present in apes.

So the theory predicted it and it was found.

"I could be wrong. I'm allowed & if wrong someone will tell me & I'll listen."

Read this site from the Smithsonian.

Evidence of Evolution
Scientists have discovered a wealth of evidence concerning human evolution, and this evidence comes in many forms. Thousands of human fossils enable researchers and students to study the changes that occurred in brain and body size, locomotion, diet, and other aspects regarding the way of life of early human species over the past 6 million years. Millions of stone tools, figurines and paintings, footprints, and other traces ofhuman behavior in the prehistoric record tell about where and how early humans lived and when certain technological innovations were invented. Study of human genetics show how closely related we are to other primates – in fact, how connected we are with all other organisms – and can indicate the prehistoric migrations of our species, Homo sapiens, all over the world. Advances in the dating of fossils and artifacts help determine the age of those remains, which contributes to the big picture of when different milestones in becoming human evolved.

Exciting scientific discoveries continually add to the broader and deeper public knowledge of human evolution. Find out about the latest evidence in our What’s Hot in Human Originssection.

Behavior

Explore the evidence of early human behavior—from ancient footprints to stone tools and the earliest symbols and art – along with similarities and differences in the behavior of other primate species.

3D Collection

Explore our 3D collection of fossils, artifacts, primates, and other animals.

Human Fossils

From skeletons to teeth, early human fossils have been found of more than 6,000 individuals. Look into our digital 3-D collection and learn about fossil human species.

Genetics

Our genes offer evidence of how closely we are related to one another – and of our species’ connection with all other organisms.

Dating

The layers that contain fossils and archeological clues can be dated by more than a dozen techniques that use the basic principles of physics, chemistry, and Earth sciences. Some techniques can even estimate the age of the ancient teeth and bones directly. Advances in dating have made human evolution very exciting!

Human Evolution by The Smithsonian Institution's Human Origins Program

"Does it really matter how humans came to be"

Yes for one it helps all medicine. It save lives, but more then that even.

shawn001

Nice notion, what?

Wait, God, Jesus? Isn't that Polytheism?

The world is not wicked.

"theocratic government"

Something the founding fathers of the US avoided.

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
Belief in God and His Son Jesus isn't polytheism.
What make you say so.
My faith does not believe in a triune god.
There is God.
There is Jesus born to Mary via actions of the holy spirit.
Jesus isn't a God, he was godlike.
The h.s. is the was God does things.
I have an electric tool.
It runs on electricty which I can't see, I operate the tool.
The tool, the power it runs on, the person working with the tool are all different but working
for the same result.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
There are so many misconceptions here that it is hard to unpack them all. Humans did not evolve from the great apes, humans are great apes - that is the classification we have now. Homonidae.
Yes, you are wrong there - there have been thousands of such fossils found. This has been known for decades.
Nice notion, what?