• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hurricane Sandy and the election

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Ohh romney took the day off and ran a.fundraiser.for.redcross. thats awesome.

Iti oj

Premium Member
I believe it would be an exercise in futility. :sorry1:

Uhhu or just.not possible? If you lool.at.my post youll see i only think obama is the shinnest of turds.

So know one has any none obama bashing pro romney arguments?

Iti oj

Premium Member
I stand to reap financial reward.
(Big commercial tenants here are all waiting for regime change before they commit to building in my development.)

Ok. And for america/ns in general? Why do they want romney or is it a anybody but obama thing?

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
If Romney is elected watch the stock market explode. People sitting on cash will start to invest again. Pent demand will make a move. I will be covered over with projects and can raise my rates back to where they where during the Bush era.

People will get back to work and new building permits will be awesome. In business, it's all about the attitude just as if Obama wins many businesses will throw in the towel. I most likely will, it's just not worth it to limp along in this dog eat dog economy.

Iti oj

Premium Member
So your saying romney will fix the economy because rich people dont like obama and are purposely hurting america?

Or asked more fairly. Romney will fix the economy just by being elected?

Alceste

Vagabond
Ohh romney took the day off and ran a.fundraiser.for.redcross. thats awesome.

Yeah, a "day off" to hold a "fundraiser" in the exact same time and location as his canceled rally, where he made donors wait for an hour for him to arrive and personally accept their donations, showed his campaign video, collected items the red cross has no use for (they want money or blood, but that's not a very good photo op), and then shipped it all to swing states where he has a shot at winning. Not a scrap to NY or NJ.

So I've read.

Alceste

Vagabond
So your saying romney will fix the economy because rich people dont like obama and are purposely hurting america?

That's what Romney himself seems to believe. Otherwise he would probably been campaigning on a specific economic plan, rather than just repeating "I know how to bla bla bla".

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
Yeah, a "day off" to hold a "fundraiser" in the exact same time and location as his canceled rally, where he made donors wait for an hour for him to arrive and personally accept their donations, showed his campaign video, collected items the red cross has no use for (they want money or blood, but that's not a very good photo op), and then shipped it all to swing states where he has a shot at winning. Not a scrap to NY or NJ.

So I've read.
You mind giving us references that actually back this up?

Draka

Wonder Woman

I don't know if the second line is "asked more fairly". I think the first line kind of nailed it as a question, I mean, going by Rick's post that's exactly how he made it sound. The second line would be just the natural conclusion following that "logic".

I just love this "miraculous" idea that if Romney is elected there will be this sudden turn around and all these people will just start opening up their wallets and the money will just start pouring everywhere. It's bullspit. We all know it's bullspit. I think the people that started saying it to begin with as propaganda knew it was bullspit from the get-go. Unfortunately, I think some of them have said it so much they have started to actually believe their own spin. :rolleyes:

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
I don't know if the second line is "asked more fairly". I think the first line kind of nailed it as a question, I mean, going by Rick's post that's exactly how he made it sound. The second line would be just the natural conclusion following that "logic".

I just love this "miraculous" idea that if Romney is elected there will be this sudden turn around and all these people will just start opening up their wallets and the money will just start pouring everywhere. It's bullspit. We all know it's bullspit. I think the people that started saying it to begin with as propaganda knew it was bullspit from the get-go. Unfortunately, I think some of them have said it so much they have started to actually believe their own spin. :rolleyes:

I totally agree. I was just getting ready to reply to you and say the same thing but you beat me to it....:clap

Iti oj

Premium Member
I just want real answers from romney fans.
and then leaving the economy aside romney agrees witj obamas foriegn policy but obama has made ys friends and allies. Will rommney lose those for us?

Harmonious

I just want real answers from romney fans.
First of all, he intends to make America energy independent. Using things like the Keystone Pipeline, drilling for oil, mining for coal, taking advantage of our homegrown renewable energy resources, and things like that will make America strong on local resources. Also, every one of those resources requires people to collect, produce, deliver, and sell the energy, so it would be supporting making more jobs, indirectly. That's always useful.

Secondly, Romney mentions making a business-friendly environment, particularly for small businesses, but it would make things easier for big businesses, too.

He's mentioned closing loopholes (like deductions, etc.) for people with higher incomes (I'm assuming the level being bandied about is $250,000, but I could be mistaken), but lowering tax rates all over. With this being done, it will encourage the businesses to expand and hire more people.

The government wouldn't be making new jobs as much as it would make the business arena less adverse to creating new jobs.

If more people have jobs, these are more people earning income. More people earning income means more people are paying taxes, even if it is at a lower rate.

I'm a fan of both of those parts of Romney's "Five Point Plan".

and then leaving the economy aside romney agrees witj obamas foriegn policy but obama has made ys friends and allies. Will rommney lose those for us?
I think Romney will be a better friend to our allies, like Israel, Poland, and countries like that.

Iti oj

Premium Member
@harmonus

First off thank you. But you missed my favotie romney thing he wants to be tough on china about holding dowm the yens value.

Do we know what loop.holes or how many?

Are not the policies the same that got us into this mess?

What about the environment? Will he push for wind and solar as long with american oil?

Obama has high approvL ratings over seas. We even have the support of the un and nato.

We still have isrealies back

Beyind that our allies have our back.

Harmonious

@harmonus

First off thank you.
You're welcome. :)

But you missed my favotie romney thing he wants to be tough on china about holding dowm the yens value.
As far as I know, he mentions the idea that China is not playing fair with trade agreements. He wants to raise tariffs to even the trading playing field, until China cooperates.

If he's right about this, that makes sense to me.

Do we know what loop.holes or how many?
I wouldn't know, but then again, I don't know the whole roster of loopholes that exist. I'm not an accountant, and I'm not 100% up on all tax law. I imagine that such things will be more clear once he can work with Congress to hammer out which details will be acceptable.

He can't promise to close definitive loopholes, as Congress might not agree with him on the details. He CAN promise to close SOME loopholes, as he can introduce his ideas in a bill.

I think it's wise for him not to make promises he can't keep, but he can tell you what he intends to do.

Are not the policies the same that got us into this mess?
No. During the debates, Romney mentioned many things that he disagreed with how Bush handled things. He mentioned that he would NOT do those things.

I don't know how involved George W. Bush was in his oil companies, but it seems like Romney was VERY involved in the internal workings of his companies. Romney explained that the same strategies he used to be successful in running his companies, and the same strategies he used to help run Massachusetts are what he intends to use to run the country.

Some of those plans would have to be modified, but successful strategies seem to be useful to me.

What about the environment? Will he push for wind and solar as long with american oil?
That is what he's said in all the debates. He kept mentioning "renewables", and that means wind, solar, and water.

Short answer: yes. Long answer: yes, but with a more detailed explanation.

Obama has high approvL ratings over seas. We even have the support of the un and nato.
One of the reasons is that Obama seems to concede authority and sovereign power to the UN and NATO, sometimes at the expense of American security.

I don't mind when the President works WITH the UN and NATO. I DO mind when the President concedes control to the UN and NATO.

We still have isrealies back
So Obama says. But he's personally snubbed Natanyahu, and threatened to impose sanctions if Israel protects itself from Iran.

I don't call that having Israel's back.

Beyind that our allies have our back.
I can't imagine that Poland was grateful for having the nuclear missiles protecting its borders removed.

There were many things Obama did to burn bridges, and I think that a President who is more cognizant of international issues will do a better job.