• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I am an Atheist, technically speaking.

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
I am, when stripped to my core foundations of complete belief (or lack there of), an Atheist.

However, I do consider myself a pagan.
As I recognize at the base of my heritage my ancestors were curious of their surroundings. As they observed everything that brought life and death they recognized the power the universe held. Even without knowing the infinite expansion as we know it today, they were the first explorers into a new era of knowledge.
So as I recognize that my ancestors were pagan, I feel that I am too.

As my ancestors split up many years ago and created a colorful selection of belief systems I feel as though part of me is connected with everyone and that we are all one in the same created equal and birthed humbly in the nude.

I believe that the universe as a collection of energy manifested in different entities. We are all a manifestation of this energy along with the planets and stars. I am a pantheist.

As a pantheist I rely on science and reason for understanding better the things around me. I can share my curiosity with like minded (and some times unalike) people like yourselves.
I am an Atheist. As an individual I feel bound by reason like the energy in me is bound by the bond of electrons and protons within me that I have no true awareness of.
I am proud to be human. To be given this gift of consciousness is like winning the lottery.
After coming through a long road of pain and anguish, laughter and excitement, I am happy where I have ended up. I am most of all curious to see where I will go.

Sometimes I have trouble deciding whether I am more pantheist or atheist... as I do not believe in a god, I do believe that the universe is connected by an energy that flows through us all. I also sometime think that I may be Satanist, as I know they do not worship or may not even believe that deities exists. They believe that as a human being they hold the power to anything they desire. I recognize this power. I know I can achieve anything I will. I could end my own life, and that itself is unlimited power. So in this I might also be a Satanist.

Technically speaking, I am happy to be a "free thinking" Atheist.
There is nothing holding me back. I have a universe to discover and a lifetime to explore it.
Hi, personally I can't understand what you are. You say you are atheist (which apparently mean you can think freely, whatever that means) yet you are a Pantheist, which means you believe in God. Perhaps you should check the definitions of the words. I also don't see what there is to be happy about when one does not understand something

horizon_mj1

IMO it is an impossibility to not all be connected to the Universe, (the Higgs "God Particle and CERN are finding substantial evidence to this) as well as considering rather if you believe in Creation or Evolution, One can not be done without the other. Imagination is a good concept IMO of what can happen when you die; for instance we have movies that are wholesomely value based and others in which concentrate on violence and hatred; thus when you die based on how you lived your life it will be decided the "where" in either this Universe of another in which you will go. The decision on how you feel you have lived your life and how "Others" feel you have lived your life can differentiate greatly. So consideration on suicide should not be contemplated nor considered and is another demon in which some humans face and must conquer by living a good life past that hurtle in which was placed before them.:yes: