• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I am confused

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
If it makes you feel any better, it's not just Christianity. I've had the same thing happen to me and I'm not even a theist.

Bishka

Veteran Member
they say things that ridicule my and other Christians and even other religions faith.

That does happen, it it frustrates me as well. I for one cannot stand it when that happen to anyone. That includes Christians, Pagans, Buddhists, Atheists, Hindus, etc.

but I like to have my opinions at least respected

You are such a beautiful woman and never have said anything against other people. I respect you for that.

but I think that all people deserve respect for their individual beliefs or lack thereof.

I just wish that some of your so-called Christian brothers and sisters in Christ felt the same way.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
..., but I think that all people deserve respect for their individual beliefs or lack thereof. Most people do that, but there are a few who don't.
I just wish that some of your so-called Christian brothers and sisters in Christ felt the same way.
Interesting. Is it Christian doctrine to respect atheists "for their individual beliefs or lack thereof" (as opposed to 'hating the sin but loving the sinner')?

Bishka

Veteran Member
Interesting. Is it Christian doctrine to respect atheists "for their individual beliefs or lack thereof" (as opposed to 'hating the sin but loving the sinner')?

No, but Christians are commanded to love their enemies, are they not? It would be nice if all faiths and non-faiths respected each other for their chosen beliefs.

Bishka

Veteran Member
I wouldn't have a reason to share my faith if not for love.

It's the way you show it in "love" that bothers people. Your love is not our love. Part of love is respect and that's what I find sorely lacking in most people who are trying to demonstrate their 'love' for others by 'saving' them.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Christine, you've been a great example of the Christian faith...........courteous, steadfast, and humble. I for one am inspired by your presence on the forums. :)

When it comes to the haters, I like offering them a lollipop and a smile.

Peace,
Mystic

kmkemp

It's the way you show it in "love" that bothers people. Your love is not our love. Part of love is respect and that's what I find sorely lacking in most people who are trying to demonstrate their 'love' for others by 'saving' them.

I respect everyone, but they seem to feel that my telling them that they are doomed to hell unless they they give their life to Jesus somehow means that I hate them. In fact, I wouldn't bother telling them anything if I hated them. Even still, I wouldn't really be a Christian myself if that was the case so we have a cyclical conundrum that can only express itself one way: preaching the gospel in truth, especially to those that would twist its meaning in ignorance.

kmkemp

Nonetheless, it has been overstated. I would wager that you could count the ones that have been offended here on a few hands.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Christine, you've been a great example of the Christian faith...........courteous, steadfast, and humble. I for one am inspired by your presence on the forums. :)

When it comes to the haters, I like offering them a lollipop and a smile.

Peace,
Mystic

Thank you, that is good advice!:angel2:

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
After reading your posts, beginning to realize how unfair this is for the followers of Christ and the children of God...I could not follow something that is against him….so instead speak up for it and get insulted by Christians…
Do I get to speak like this? :no:
I can’t even walk in the street in public without being insulted or assaulted for looking like Christ.....so speak online and get insulted also....you know this is why i want to commit suicide, as can’t win? So thxz...

I don't think your post is offensive, and i understand excatly how you feel.

Actually, you have to know that some of those who won't just leave you alone used to bully people and they enjoy doing it, and some others feel that they need to nail other beliefs to prove for themselves that they are not wrong in being unbelievers. They will feel so desprate if they noticed that faith is good for most of people because they know that they don't have faith in a deity for instance, and if they could prove that your beliefs are all wrong so they will feel good about their disbelief. this is a challenge for the believer which i hope you will be able to bear. :)

Nevertheless, there are alot of people in here whom i might see without faith according to my beliefs, but they are honest, and always look for the truth, and after all, they have their own faith and ethics which i highly respect them for.
:yes:

Its true that some people try to belittle others' religions and doing so is just plain wrong. Atheists do try to make themselves feel better by smearing believers with hurtful comments. I think that they all just need to accept that some of us need God in our lives just like we needed secutrity blankets when we were kids. Its scary thinking that you are living in a world devoid of spiritual beings who help protect and guide us. If they can't accept that we have visions of Jesus Christ than so be it! :shout

A. Ben-Shema

Didn't Jesus say that those who truly follow the Christ would be persecuted and hated in this world? We should not worry about a few hurtful words, at least now we are not being burned at the stake for heresy. :eek:

Peace & Love :)

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Didn't Jesus say that those who truly follow the Christ would be persecuted and hated in this world? We should not worry about a few hurtful words, at least now we are not being burned at the stake for heresy. :eek:

Peace & Love :)
True and we have been actually allowed to read the Bible recently, to at least understand some of it….
Rather then like before, we were preached too for centuries before, with no real understanding of its true meanings and this still continues…..
With the vast majority going off a city built on blood sheds interpretations…plus what is widely accepted by all men.

FatMan

It is my belief that when it comes to hair-trigger responses, religion and politics are the two top instigators. People who believe in a faith and believe strongly love to shout from the rooftops their devotion. While this may showcase an impressive set of lungs, I'm not sure what other purpose it demonstrates.

The same goes for politics. People agree with a certain party, so all that party does is deemed great and any opposition is stupid. Support a candidate, yes, but do not blindly accept all that is done as being great or even good. When you take a step back from these situations, you see the childlike behavior at work.

It is one of the reasons that I believe in having a personal take on whatever your beliefs are. They are mine and frankly I don't care if one or one thousand others share that belief. Afterall, religion is supposed to help us understand where we came from and where we are going, not be used as a case for puffery of the chest. If that were so, the biggest believers would be opera singers......