• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I am designing a new religion, any ideas?

BruceDLimber

Simon Gnosis said:
Er excuse me but he/she may be the next messiah for all you know.

Nope.

I'm a Baha'i, and the Baha'i scriptures state quite explicltly that the next Divine Messenger won't appear for at least 1,000 years (from the late Nineteenth Century)!

And the same passage further goes on to say that this statement is to be taken literally, and that any other interpretation is false.

So from my POV, end of story.

Peace,

Bruce

Happier

Any new religion must incorporate Funny Hats. We all get to wear funny hats while sipping our tea.

I wish to be the ministress of Funny Hats when your new religion premieres.

Simon Gnosis

BruceDLimber said:
Nope.

I'm a Baha'i, and the Baha'i scriptures state quite explicltly that the next Divine Messenger won't appear for at least 1,000 years (from the late Nineteenth Century)!

And the same passage further goes on to say that this statement is to be taken literally, and that any other interpretation is false.

So from my POV, end of story.

Peace,

Bruce

Your POV is far from the end of the story.

Your POV is as insignificant as mine brother.

Your religion is but one of 5.5 Billion or so.

arthra

Baha'i
Well Simon... Bruce's religion is a new revelation nonetheless..if you were to have been around in the second century of the Christian era, Christianity would have likely been seen as a dimunitive sect of Judaism.

- Art

How can anyone who is not perfect form a perfect religion. God hates religion. The devil events more and more. Sounds a bit occulticist to me.

Simon Gnosis

arthra said:
Well Simon... Bruce's religion is a new revelation nonetheless..if you were to have been around in the second century of the Christian era, Christianity would have likely been seen as a dimunitive sect of Judaism.
- Art

Yup, it is a Judaic cult.

And?

I am not a christian btw....

Simon Gnosis

Moriah Hill said:
How can anyone who is not perfect form a perfect religion. God hates religion. The devil events more and more. Sounds a bit occulticist to me.

Absolutely Moriah Hill.

Sometimes the shortest answers are the truest.