• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I Could Be An Atheist At The Drop Of A Hat

Jimmy

King Phenomenon
I've stated no such thing, so false statements.

Yet you never demonstrate any knowledge. So why would anyone take your word for an outrageious belief?
You’re free to only know what a science book tells ya.

Gargovic Malkav

I know things in life. I know how I got here and where I’m going. I’d be perfectly fine accepting that I didn’t know anything if that were the case. I could easily be an atheist in a heartbeat. No skin off my ***.

…but it turns out I do know some things.

I can make my shoulder blades stick out of my back, making it look like I have wings.

Tinkerpeach

I know things in life. I know how I got here and where I’m going. I’d be perfectly fine accepting that I didn’t know anything if that were the case. I could easily be an atheist in a heartbeat. No skin off my ***.

I know quite a few people that seemed to be strong Christians but walked away from it.

I can see how it would be easy to quit working on your faith and start forgetting about it.

rstrats

I know a supreme being exists.
So your answer is yes; then how about right now, while you are reading this, demonstrate your stated ability to become an atheist in a heartbeat, by engendering the belief that supreme beings do not exist. Now that you believe that they don't, how did you do it?

Jimmy

King Phenomenon
I know quite a few people that seemed to be strong Christians but walked away from it.

I can see how it would be easy to quit working on your faith and start forgetting about it.
Apparently they weren’t.
FYI I’m not Christian. Not that you were referring to me though.

Jimmy

King Phenomenon
Or maybe you are easily tossed around by every wind of doctrine or any idea that comes along.
Nah. I’ve believed the same thing for the past 15 yrs. A couple of weeks ago I tried to fool myself into believing in Jesus but I knew all along it wasn’t true. I think I did it for the camaraderie on here like I have in the real world. Because in the real world, I present myself as a Christian because my beliefs would be considered weird. Haha. I’ve know for 15 years that the true “savior” is literally living on earth. It’s all good.

Jimmy

King Phenomenon
So your answer is yes; then how about right now, while you are reading this, demonstrate your stated ability to become an atheist in a heartbeat, by engendering the belief that supreme beings do not exist. Now that you believe that they don't, how did you do it?
I’m all set

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
And hats can be dropped, yet you still aren't an atheist, are you? Why not?
Hats can be dropped. I pick up hats that were dropped all the time when I am out walking or riding my bu=ike.

I could be an atheist at the drop of a hat if there was no Baha'i Faith.
But in that case I might be an agnostic or a Buddhist, but never a Christian.

Tinkerpeach

Apparently they weren’t.
FYI I’m not Christian. Not that you were referring to me though.
possibly